Sequel: Into Your Arms
Status: completed. sequel up!

Jasey Rae

fivefivefive

What I didn't know at that time in my room, was the fact that when Alex said he was going to be by my side "the whole time," I thought he meant for more than ten minutes.

Jack disappeared with some blonde chick on the dance floor, Rian went off to another room to find his girlfriend, and Zack went off to find his friends. Which left me alone at the front of the door, with no one to talk to.

I found myself an empty couch on the side of the dance floor, and just watched people dance. The music was about to burst my eardrums, and the bass was vibrating the whole house. Everyone had a plastic red cup in their hand, containing some type of alcoholic beverage that this Sam Foster had provided for everyone. People did anything but grinding on each other with the beat of the music, basically having dry sex with their partner. Some couples were making out on the couches and chairs, and other couples were just talking with other friends and holding hands. Some couples were even disappearing up in the bedrooms upstairs.

I wasn't really having any fun. Normally I'm great at parties, but I didn't know anyone, so this party was getting pretty boring. I recognized faces from school from when I passed through the halls, and some were even in a few of my classes, but I didn't exactly talk to any one of them.

"And who are you, pretty girl?"

I looked over, rolling my eyes, expecting some drunk guy to be sitting next to me. But what I saw was merely a really hott guy sitting next to me, a pop can in his hand, completely sober. His black hair was short, a few inches from his head, gelled up to a mohawk. He was certainly tan, and his eyes were an ice blue. His smile was to die for, and he really muscular, but not overly. He was insanely hott. This had to be Sam Foster.

Now Sam Foster is your average most popular guy in the school. But he was anything but average. Sure, he was the captain and quarterback of the Varsity football team and the basketball team, and he got any girl he wanted. But he was so much more. He got straight A's, he's religious, he's probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and he's incredibly funny. He's perfect.

"Hayley Johnson." I was already used to getting to say my fake name, thankfully. Although I tend to stumble and almost spill my secret a few times.

"And what're you doing all by yourself, Hayley Johnson? Surely you must have a date somewhere."

I shrugged, giving him a small smile. "Nah, I'm single. I came with my friends, but they ditched me."

"Well, they don't sound like friends to me. Who are they?"

"Alex Gaskarth, J-"

"Say no more. I know exactly who you're going to say." He chuckled, holding his hand up, causing me to laugh lightly.

"Yeah, I guess they're pretty well-known." I smiled, seeing him nod. "Uhm, I didn't catch your name...?"

He laughed lightly. "I guess I never told you. But, I guess now is a good time. I'm Sam Foster."

"Pleasure to meet you, Sam." I smiled, causing his lips to stretch into a grin.

"Pleasure's all mine, Hayley." I only blushed, causing him to chuckle. "So, I hear a Chicago accent there."

I nodded smiling a little as my heart skipped a beat from the question. "Yeah, I just moved from Chicago a little over a month ago. But I go back in the middle of February."

"How come such a short move?"

"Because my mom's work is only transferring her job until February." Liar.

He nodded, actually accepting the perfectly reasonable answer, and asked me if I wanted a pop or drink, and I told him I'd just have a water. And yeah, normally if this was another party at home where I only had to worry about myself and not four other guys, I would've taken a beer. But since I was designated driver, water would have to do. He came back a few minutes later with a water bottle in his hands, which I thanked him and opened it. Thankfully, it wasn't opened before. "Great party by the way." I half smiled, even though I've been insanely bored. And it's only been an hour.

He chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "How would you know? You haven't done anything."

I laughed lightly, shrugging. "Nothing to do with anyone."

"You have me." He grinned, a smile that could make any girl melt, even me. "Can you dance?"

I shrugged, already knowing the answer. "Not really."

"Well then I'll show you." He grinned, standing up as he took my hand. I tried to protest, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. We set our drinks down in a safe spot, then he evidently pulled me to the middle of the dance floor.

Of course I knew how to dance. The amount of parties I went to back at home practically made me perfect at it. But I wasn't about to tell Sam that.

"Okay," He smirked, obviously going to enjoy this dance lesson. "So put your arms here, and I'll put mine here." He said, grabbing my hands and putting them around his neck, then took his hands and put them on my waist. "And now, just the let the beat flow through you. I'll take care of the rest."

Dancing with Sam really got my adrenaline going. At first, I was pretty nervous. I mean, I was dancing with a guy I just met. But as the minutes past, I was dancing like I would any other party I was at back home. Dancing like everyone else was at the party. I could tell Sam was pretty shocked, but he just went with it. A few songs passed, and I was getting pretty tired. Sam noticed, and we went to go get our drinks, but they were gone, so he told me to go back on the couch so he could go get some more drinks.

Once he came back, he gave me another water and sat next to me. He looked tired too.

"So, how come I never see you at school?" He asked.

My shoulders rose and fell for a second. "I don't know. I guess we just never look for each other."

"Well, I'll definitely be looking for you now." He winked, causing me to blush a deep red.

"And I'll be looking for you."

"I hope so. Although, I don't know how I could have missed you in the halls, you're so beautiful." He said, his face getting closer to mine. My breath hitched in my throat.

I blushed again, my heart racing as his lips got closer to mine. "You really know how to make a girl blush." I whispered.

"Only the pretty ones." He said quietly before covering his lips with mine.

I froze for a second, Alex's face flashing through my mind for a second, but then went with it anyways. Alex was never going to like me, so why like him? Besides, Sam was an amazing guy.

He deepened the kiss a little, his hands moving to cup my face as he moved closer to me. I was practically on his lap a minute later after he pulled me over, but I didn't care. I liked it.

Sam and I kissed for what seemed like hours, but it was only a few minutes. He hands moved from my face to around my waist, and mine moved around his neck. We were getting pretty into it, and it didn't bother me a bit.

"Chicago?"

The second I heard my nickname, I wanted to crawl out of my own skin. I knew who it was. And right now, I didn't want him here. I didn't want him to see me kissing Sam.

I pulled back from Sam, and he shot me a confused look. But I ignored it, my heart racing as I turned my head. I cringed, seeing the two toned haired boy standing a foot away from me. His usual cocky and happy look on his face was cleaned right off, a hurt look in his dark brown eyes.

"Alex...." I said, standing up. He just shook his head, and started walking out the house. I sighed, turning towards Sam. He had the same confused look on his face. "Sam-"

"He's your boyfriend, isn't he?" He mumbled.

"No, he's not. I promise." I said, hoping he would believe me.

"It doesn't seem that way."

"What do you mean?"

"He looked pretty devastated that we were kissing. Like you were cheating on him or something."

I sighed, scratching my head. "Sam, I promise you, we aren't going out. It's just a misunderstanding."

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'll see you at school, okay? Just...go after him."

"But-"

"Go on, Hayley. He looked really hurt. I'll see you at school, okay? We'll talk about what just happened there."

I let out a breath, leaning up and kissing his cheek before running out the door after my best friend. I looked around, asking people who were outside of they had seen Alex anywhere. But they were either too busy talking or kissing someone. Finally, someone answered me and pointed towards the sidewalk.

I sprinted down in the direction the girl pointed, looking everywhere for Alex. I wasn't really having any luck, but I finally saw a figured walking down the sidewalk, his hands shoved in his pockets. Alex.

I ran up to him. "Alex! Wait!"

"Go kiss Sam!" He snapped, making me cringe. You could tell he was a little drunk, but he was sober enough to actually know what he was talking about.

"Alex! Listen to me, please!" I begged, standing in front of him.

He sighed angrily and stopped walking, looking anywhere but at me. "You got two minutes."

I sighed, looking up at him. "Okay, so, I was just sitting by myself, and Sam came up to me and started talking to me. And then he asked me to dance, so we did, and then we stopped after a few minutes and just started talking. And next thing we knew, we were kissing. That's all."

He huffed, trying to push past me, but I stopped him, getting angry myself.

"Why are you so goddamn angry? It's not like we were going out! I'm allowed to kiss other guys!" I argued, causing him to grab his head, and I could tell he was getting angrier.

"So what, Hayley! Come on! Think! You're a smart girl! You're telling me that we didn't flirt like hell this past month? Like we didn't act like a couple?" He yelled.

"So what, Alex? It's not like you asked me to be your girlfriend or anything! Nothing was official! Yeah, we flirted, but I flirted with Jack too!" I yelled back. "And it's not like you didn't flirt with other girls too!"

He groaned out of frustration. "You are so infuriating! I can't believe you're being this stupid, Hayley!"

Suddenly, the anger was washed out of me, the feeling of hurt taking its place and being ten times worse, and my dad's voice was flowing through my head.

Don't be so stupid, Jasey! You should be smarter than this!

I cringed, taking a step back. "Excuse me?" I asked quietly.

"You heard me." He snapped, venom in his voice. He shook his head at me, just like my dad used to do.

I bit my lip, a thin layer of salty water covering my eyes. "Whatever. I'm done with this. Find your own fucking ride home. I'm going home."

I turned around, rolling my eyes as I shook my head. This is so stupid. I found my car a few minutes later and got in. Although I didn't know how I'd be able to drive since the tears from my eyes were blurring my vision.

'I can't believe you're being this stupid, Hayley!'

Those words are going to haunt me for the rest of my life. Just like my dad's words.

Once I finally calmed myself down enough, wiping my eyes and not even caring that my make up was running down my cheeks, I just drove home. What a terrible way to end the night.

I just lost my best friend....

Image

Once I got home, Jake was there to greet me at the door, asking how my night was. He stopped once he saw my face, getting angry. He asked what happened, but I only let out a sob, my sides hurting from crying. So he took me up to my room, telling Nina, George, and Martin not to come up there for a while, which they respectively obeyed, telling me that they were sorry through their eyes.

"What the hell happened?"

I sighed, falling backwards on my bed so my head landed on one of my many pillows. It was thunder storming out at the moment, and it was a pretty bad one too. The wind was powerful, and the rain pelted down hard. The thunder booms were insanely loud, and it seemed like it was never going to stop lightning. It wad a really great storm. I told him the whole story, telling him what happened right when I walked through the door to when I walked away from Alex. Jake listened carefully, grunting angrily when I told him Sam and I kissed. But he really got furious when I told him Alex had called me stupid. That's a very touchy subject for the both of us, and I knew he'd get mad when I told him.

"Just stay away from him, Jasey. The guy's not worth it, trust me. If he calls you stupid like that, he isn't worth your time. You want someone to respect you in all ways, even when you're fighting."

I smiled, laying my head on his lap, staring out my window. "Jake, you're amazing, you know that?

I felt him shrug, and heard him chuckle. "I've been told once or twice."

I laughed lightly, shaking my head as best as I could. "Don't get cocky with me."

We sat like that for a long time, just staring out the window, watching the storm. Jack and I absolutely love storms. We always have. Something about just makes us calm.

Jake left a little later, telling me he was going to go to sleep and that I should too. Which I didn't realize how tired I was until now.

I sighed, striping down to my tank top and shorts, then went to go find a towel. Once I found one, I put it on the floor in front of the window and opened the window as wide as it could go. I always did this at home.

I yawned, climbing under the covers as my eyelids got heavier and heavier.

'I can't believe you're being this stupid, Hayley!'
♠ ♠ ♠
sososososososo, i'm watching Straight To DVD and it's the best fucking thing i've ever seen in my life, lmaoooo. it's amazing<3
if you haven't seen it(which i doubt you haven't) i highly recommending going to buy it, lol.

since this is really short for me, i might update chapter six if it's finished. i'll have to check my itouch to seee.

anyways, sorry i didn't update this past week, i didn't get a chance to. work just started up and it's hard for saturdays, and my grandmas is in the hospital now and it's 'causing a lot of stress on the family, and my mother's being a complete bitch to me and so is my dad, and school fucking sucks. and yeah, lol, sorry.

anyways, what'd ya think? do you like the page breaker? i kinda don't. i don't know. whatever.

comment/subscribe you know the dealll.