Sequel: Into Your Arms
Status: completed. sequel up!

Jasey Rae

sixsixsix

My eyes shot open the moment I heard a loud thump in my room. My heart raced as I heard someone cursing under their breath, trying to get on their feet. Holy shit, I'm gonna be raped! I slowly moved to the side of the bed, holding my breath as I reached down to the side of the bed to grab the baseball bat that lay next to my bed. I noticed it was three in the morning. I got out, not being able to see anything around me since the room was pitch black. The guy was on the other side of the room, mumbling something about dropping his hat.

Don’t be scared, don’t be scared. Fright shows weakness and weakness shows that he can overpower you. And rape you.

My hands shook as I flipped on the light, screaming at the top of my lungs as I noticed the guy only a few feet away from me. He looked up, screaming also.

Then I stopped, going wide eyed. "Jack?" I yelled, my heart beating quickly.

He looked up, going wide-eyed himself. "You're Jasey Rae Scott."

"Yeah, who else-oh shit." My free hand flew up to my head, grabbing it and putting it in front of my eyes. It was fire orange. Not black.

Oh shit.

"What's going on?"

I looked over, seeing an alarmed Jake at my door. He was half asleep considering it was three in the morning.

He looked over at Jack. "Jack, what're you doing here?"

"What the fuck is Jasey Scott doing here?" He pointed at me, causing me to cringe. Right now, I just about wanted to crawl out of my own skin.

"Jake, go back to bed. Everything's fine." I mumbled, hearing my heartbeat in my ears. He nodded, yawning, and disappeared.

I looked over at Jack, seeing his still shocked face. "Jack, I can explain-"

"Chicago?"

I sighed, nodding. I just stared at the baseball bat in my hands. "Hey, Jacky."

"But how? Why? What the fuck?"

I sighed, looking at him. "Let's go downstairs. I'll explain everything there."

“What the hell were you going to do with that bat?!”

[jaseyrae]

"And that's why I'm here. You're the only one who knows other than my family." I croaked out, yawning.

He stared at me, his eyes mainly glued to my fore hair. "So...you're really Jasey Rae Scott?"

I sighed, nodding. "Surprise?"

He shook his head at me. "I can't believe this."

"Please! You can't tell anyone! Or my whole cover is blown!" I begged. "And all of this would have been for nothing."

He sighed, running his hands through his already messed up hair. "This is insane."

"Wait...why are you here? How'd you get in?"

He chuckled, smirking. "The party just ended half an hour ago. I found Alex and he told me about your guys' fight. So I came over to check up on you, get the full story. Alex was pretty drunk, so I didn't get much of the story from him. And I came through the window."

I sighed. "Well, long story short. I kinda kissed Sam Foster, Alex saw me, we fought, I went home."

"You kissed Foster?!"

I nodded, shrugging. "Yeah."

"Why would you do that? What about Alex?!"

I groaned, getting frustrated. "It's not like we were going out though! I'm allowed to kiss other guys!"

"But he was going to tomorrow! Well...today actually."

I inhaled sharply, my eyes going wide. "Huh?"

"Don't act surprised. You knew you guys liked each other. He was just waiting for the right time." He said, an edge to his voice. "Well, now he's not gonna do it because he doesn't think you like him."

"But I do like him!"

"Well, you shouldn't've kissed Foster!"

I sighed, getting up and taking my empty mug to the sink and staring out the window. It was still storming. "Well, there's not much I can do now. He hates me."

"He could never hate you."

I rolled my eyes slightly, laughing bitterly. "He sure as hell doesn't like me anymore." I turned around, the salty water forming on my eyes again. "Jack, he hates me."

He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me. "No, Hay...I mean, Jasey, he could never hate you. He's just mad right now. I promise."

I sighed, resting my head on Jack's chest as I wrapped my own arms around his torso. "Jack, have I ever told you I love you?"

I heard him chuckle as he kissed the top of my head. "I love you too, Jasey Rae."

"You don't know how good it feels for you to know this, Jack."

"Trust me, it's a relief for me too. I thought I had recognized you."

I smiled slightly, pulling back as I yawned more. "You wanna stay here tonight? I know it's storming and everything. And you probably walked here, so you can stay here if you want."

Jack happily accepted the invitation, so we snuck back upstairs and I crawled back into bed. I yawned, watching as Jack striped down to only his boxers, causing me to blush. He noticed, chuckling a bit and crawled next to me, letting out a big yawn. "I'm so tired."

"Tell me about it." I mumbled, snuggling up to Jack because it was warmed with his body heat. "You're so warm. It feels so good."

His chest rose and fell quickly when he laughed and wrapped his arm around me. "You know, a lot of girls tell me that."

I laughed, slapping his stomach lightly. "That's sick."

"'Night, Jasey Rae." He chuckled.

"'Night, Jack Bassam." I smiled, slowly letting sleep overtake me.

[jaseyrae]

I yawned, rubbing the back of my neck as I trotted downstairs. I assumed everyone was still sleeping since the lights were off and I didn't hear a sound. Nina, George, and Martin all had the day off since it was Sunday, just like all the other Sundays of the year. Although, Mother must have gone to work. I made myself some coffee, sitting at the table once it was done and grabbed the sports section out of the paper.

I looked over upon hearing a tired grunt, smiling as I saw Jack coming down in only his tight jeans hanging below his waist, his boxers showing. "Morning."

He looked over, smiling. "Morning, Chicago." He poured himself some coffee then sat next to me. "I have a killer headache."

I nodded, getting up and walking over to the sink. I got him some Advil and some water before giving it to him and sat back in my seat. "Here. That'll help. Trust me."

"So what're you doing today, Jasey Rae?" He asked, swallowing the pills.

I shrugged. "I have to practice for the upcoming season."

"And when does that start?"

"Preseason starts in the middle of February, so I leave the beginning of February."

"But that's like, five months from now." He mumbled sadly.

I sighed, grabbing his hand and squeezing lightly. "I'll visit when I can. I promise. You guys are a huge part of my life now."

"But it won't be the same, Jasey! You'll be gone until like, fucking November!" He said, standing up.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, standing up also. "I can't just stop my life."

"What about Alex? What're you going to do when you leave?" Jack asked, looking at me.

I flinched, thinking about Alex. What about Alex? How was I going to leave the guy Ilove like?

"Yeah, didn't think about that, did ya, Jase? That you won't be able to see the guy you have the biggest crush on everyday like you are now?" Jack said quietly, knowing he had me cornered. “Might even love….”

"I don't have a crush on Alex." I mumbled, taking a step back. I knew I was lying through my teeth. “Or love him.”

"Bullshit. Jasey, you like Alex and you can't deny that."

"So what if I do! It's not like anything will happen!"

"But you guys could get together!"

"What if we did? We stay together for five months! Then what? What happens when I leave for ten months? Hm? What happens then?"

He ran his fingers through his hair, groaning. "Have you ever heard of long distance? Jesus, Jasey, you can make it work!"

"Oh, like we all know Alex has the best rep for staying faithful!" I scolded, cringing at the thought of Alex having sex with other girls.

"Hey, if he gets to together with you, I'll make sure he doesn't even look at another girl."

I shook my head. "You can't promise that. No one can." I took his empty mug and put it in the sink. "Just forget it, Jack, it won't happen." I turned around, cutting him off since I saw that he was about to say something. "So what're you doing today?"

He sighed, giving me the 'this is not over' look. "Band practice is today at Rian's. So I'll pretty much be doing that. You?"

I shrugged, already knowing what I had to do today. "I'm gettin' Jake to help me out for practicing. I've been slacking a little lately."

He nodded, giving me a half smile. "Jasey Rae...my celebrity best friend. I still can't believe that."

[jaseyrae]

I locked my hands behind my head as I heaved for air, noticing I was walking in circles around my little brother. "How was that?" It was always something that made me calm down my breathing.

"Just missed it by a few seconds, actually." He answered, writing down my time on the piece of paper. He looked up from the clipboard, smiling widely. "If you keep going like this for a few days, you'll beat your goal."

I grinned at him as best as I could, trying to catch my breath. "Wow...that was...a lot of running."

Jame chuckled, handing me my water bottle. "Cool down. You did really good today. We'll continue tomorrow."

"Thanks, Jake."

"So...Jack knows now?"

I sighed, my grip on the steering wheel tightening a little. This wasn't something I wanted to talk about right now. "Yeah."

"How do you know he can be trusted?" He had an edge to his voice, and I knew what he was thinking of.

Two years ago I had told one of my so-called best friends a really deep dark secret. The secret of my dad leaving because of me. And she knew that it was personal and that I didn't want anyone to know at all.

So the next day when I went out, it was all over the news. Paparazzi were at my house, trying to sneak a picture or get a few questions answered. People were stopping me on the streets asking if the rumor was true. Mother screamed and shouted at me that I had told someone for days. I cried for I don’t even know how long. And even Jake didn’t talk to me for a while. It was terrible.

She told everyone my deepest secret.

But I knew I could trust Jack with my now deepest secret. "He may be a player at times, and a flirt, and sometimes even a cocky arrogant jerk, but he's not a tattle tale. He'd never spill anyone's secrets, even if it was his life on the line. He takes it to the grave. That's why Jack is such a good friend. I'd trust him with my life."

"You said that about Sally too, but look what she ended up spilling...."

"Jake, just hush, okay? Jack's different, all right? I trust him, and that's final." I snapped, regretting the words once they came out my mouth. I sighed, my grip loosening a little. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap."

"It's fine." He mumbled, his eyes glued to the window. I hardly ever yelled at Jake. And when I do, it's usually something that gets me really upset.

"It's just that Mom's been raggin' on me all week lately about school, and with Jack finding out everything, and with the preseason coming up soon, it's just putting a lot of stress on me right now." Which is true. Mother has been yelling at me about my schooling. My grades have been slipping lately. But it’s not like it matter, considering I already finished high school. But still, it gives her a reason to yell at me. And with the season coming up, I have to work extra hard to stay in shape, and get in even better shape.

"It's okay. I should be a little more sensitive anyways. I know there's a lot of pressure on you right now. Since you know...you coming back to the season and all-"

"Yeah, let's not talk about that incident right now...." I mumbled, pulling into the driveway and slipped into the garage. "Don't tell Mom Jack knows, okay? She'll be furious with me if she finds out."

"To the grave, Jasey Rae, to the grave."

1 NEW TXT MESSAGE

FROM: RIAN!!! :D
Hey, come by my house when you can. I have something you might want.


I sighed, getting out of my car and immediately locked it, knowing what type of people were in this neighborhood. Most of it was pretty good, except for a few select people. And I didn't exactly want someone stealing my Viper away from me tonight. I just walked inside the house since Rian had told me to, then called out his name to see if he was there. He sent me the txt over an hour ago, so I didn't exactly know if they all went over to Alex's or someone's tonight.

"'Bout time you got here."

I turned around, smiling once I saw Rian walking towards me, his infamous grin plastered on his face. A smile he knew I adored. "Sorry, had to take a shower and stuff." I gave him a quick hug, asking him how band went and everything, which he immediately got into a conversation with, telling me all about All Time Low's practice.

We walked downstairs to where the rest of the band was, laughing at how Jack had tripped over one of the cords and fell flat on his face.

"Chicago!"

I was greeted by two pairs of arms wrapped around me, their owners shouting out my nickname in the process. "Hey Jack, hey, Zack!"

"It's about time you came!" Jack said, walking over and sitting in one of the chairs. "We've been waitin' for an hour."

"Sorry, I had a few things to do before I came over." I said, scratching the back of my head, trying to give him a subtle 'I just got done practicing' look. He noticed, but merely nodded once and started playing a Blink 182 song on his guitar. He knew that if he made it obvious I was giving him a specific look, it will make the other guys suspect something. And that’s something I really don’t want.

I avoided looking at the couch, since a certain someone was sitting on it. Right now, I didn't want to talk to him. And the awkwardness between us was so thick it could be cut with a knife. And everyone knew that. "So, what do you guys have that I might want?"

Rian grinned then, fishing in his shorts pocket and pulling out a CD case and handed it to me. "There!"

I looked at it, looking at a nameless CD through the clear case. "I don't get it? What is this?"

"A CD, duh!" Zack smirked, rolling his eyes.

I smacked his arm, laughing. "I know that! What of?"

"You now own the very first CD of All Time Low!" Rian grinned, tapping the case.

My jaw dropped. "Really?!"

"Of course! With an extra bonus song that no one besides us has ever heard!" Jack added, grinning his crooked smile.

"Oh my gosh! No way! This is awesome! Thank you!" I said, hugging each of them. Well, almost everyone. "You guys are the best."

"Yeah, we are. But I think we all know I'm the best." Rian said, putting his hand on his chest for a second.

"Uh, I think it's obvious that I'm the best." Jack interrupted, walking over to us as he walked over to us after outing his guitar on the stand.

"You're both wrong. I'm the best by far." Zack cut in, standing next to Jack.

Then, in an instant, they all started to argue on who was the best, exchanging a few choice words, jokingly of course. But, after a minute I started to zone out, my eyes landing on the figure that was sitting on the couch, looking at me. Hurt and anger was visibly shown in his eyes, and right then I wanted to crawl out of my own skin, because I knew I had caused that. But I looked away, looking back over at Jack, Rian, and Zack.

I found myself laughing at what I was looking at. Jack was sitting on Rian, who had a headlock on Zack, who had his legs wrapped around Jack. "I am so taking a picture of this." I laughed, getting out m phone. After I took the picture, I set my phone back in my pocket before reaching over to untangle the boys. "Rian, let go of Zack! You're gonna fucking kill him!" I laughed, getting Zack to unwrap his legs from around Jack's waist, then pushed Jack off of Rian.

"Just tell us who's best!" Rian groaned, holding his stomach as he got up, punching Jack for sitting on him.

I laughed lightly, seeing each one of the boys give me a puppy dog face. I knew if had seen those faces in a situation that I didn't want, the puppy dog faces would make me crack. They were just too amazing. "You know I can't choose guys!"

"Please? Just say one name! We promise we won't be mad!" Zack begged, causing me to bite my lip.

I sighed, looking back and forth at them, trying to look like I was deciding on who was the best. I wasn't going to pick. I couldn't pick. They were all so different.

Zack is really quiet at times, but when he talks, he's hilarious. Like, burst out laughing, my sides hurt kind of funny. And his hair ended up changing every few weeks, looking better each time.

Rian is just flat out amazing. I'd walk across the country just to see this boy's amazing smile. And when he talked, he, too, was incredibly funny. And, he's a god on the drums. Kara is really lucky to have him.

And Jack...well, there's not many words to describe Jack. Although, hilarious and loud seem to come to my mind. And though he may be a player to girls sometimes, and party a lot, and drink, even he has a soft spot, though he doesn't like to admit that.

Since they are so different in only God knows how many ways, I could never pick who was the best out of all of them. So, I came up with a plan. I gasped, pointing behind the boys. "What's that?!"

They immediately turned around, and I took that as my chance to bolt it out of there. I yelled out a goodbye, telling them I'd see them tomorrow, and got in my car. I brought the car to life and looked up, just in time to see them running out the door. I laughed lightly, giving them a wave before backing out.

Great, school tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
sprry if there's any mistakes ! i really have to rush!

dp you like the new layout by the way? i like this one better, but if everyone else likes the other one better i'll change ittt.

comment/subscribe!