Dear John

Chapter 2

“I thought I had a brother that is so weird.” Stephen said coming into the room, my toes and fingers were painted pink and green I had on a facial mask and my hair was pinned back with some barrettes. Josh and Brian followed him in and immediately started laughing. “Seriously though what did you do to him? Mom will love hearing about this she has always wanted a daughter.”

“I’m not a girl. Stop teasing me.” I said, but that only brought out more laughs. “I understand now why guys are not invited to these sorts of things. Maybe I should go take this stuff off.”

“It’s a peel.” Jess said, “Just pull it off.”

“Yeah John just pull it off. No big thing.” Josh said. “Wait til I tell my brother about this. He is going to die laughing!”

“Don’t tell people.” Courtney got up and pushed the boys back out the door.

“Jess and I have been working hard while all of you were at the bar enjoying yourself. We have been trying to make him forget about Alli and start having fun and then oh hey I have three dumb drunk boys come in and attempt to ruin it all by making him feel terrible about what it is we are doing. Brian I expect you to understand because we did a similar thing for you when Chelsea broke your heart.”

“Sorry Courtney.” Brian muttered. “You’re right it isn’t right of us to make fun of John when he is clearly acting like a girl.”

“Shut up. In fact why don’t you three go back to Brian and Josh’s room and watch tv while Jess and I finish fixing him.”

“Jess?” I asked, “Do you think Alli will want to talk to me when we get home? Like if I just want to see her and hang out?”

“John no, don’t call her. Trust me you’ll be better off forgetting her.”

“But I don’t want to forget her.”

“John I know this has been hard for you and I know this is your first real heartache and I am trying to be as sensitive to the situation as I can be but you don’t seem to be understanding that she doesn’t want you back. She doesn’t want to talk to you. She doesn’t want to get back together and she doesn’t want you anymore.”

“I don’t want to understand that.”
“Are you going to cry again? I don’t know if I can take you crying again. Courtney we have a problem!” Court ran back into the room and saw me curled back up on the bed.

“What happened?” She asked.

“I don’t want her to not want me when I need her.”

“Jess what did you do?” Court sat next to me and rubbed my back, “John you’re going to be ok, just pull yourself together. I know break ups suck but this has gone on long enough you’ll be fine when you get home I promise you. Just stop thinking about her and move on.”

“I wonder if she is moving on.”