The Violet Hour

Chapter Fourteen.

“What are you doing up?” I heard as I jumped.
“Jesus, dude. Scared the crap out of me.” I said looking up from my laptop.
“It's two thirty in the morning. Don't you have class later?” Jon asked me as he walked into the living room.
“I think so? I'm trying to work on a paper.” I said.
“Don't you have practice in the morning?” I asked him as he sat down next to me.
“Yes.” He said rubbing his eyes.
“Then go back to sleep.” I said.
“I can't with you up.” He said.
“I'm up every night. You know I can't sleep.” I said laughing.
“Start taking some medicine or something.” He said.
“You know I used to. I can sleep when you're around, it's just I get stressed out and then I don't sleep.” I said.
“Stop being stressed out.” He said.
“You're so charming when you're half asleep.” I said glancing over at him.
“Please go back to bed. I don't want you to suck tomorrow. You'll be in a bad mood all day.” I said.
“I don't understand how you can have two hours of sleep and then be fine the next day.” He said. “Don't need to understand. It's awful. That's why you should go to sleep.” I said. “Are you happy here?” I heard him mumble.
“What does that mean?” I asked.
“You look sad.” He said.
“Alright, bud. Time for bed, let's go.” I said getting up with Jon. We walked back into the bedroom and he laid down and I sat next to him.
“I only asked because I care.” He mumbled.
“Just go to bed.” I said. I waited for a bit until I knew he was asleep then went back out to the living room. I tried to finish my paper but it didn't work out. I sat on the couch and looked out the window at the city until four in the morning when I finally forced myself to just go lay down.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
Comments please!