The Violet Hour

Chapter Eighteen.

I walked into the apartment after I dropped my mother off back at O'Hare. I dropped my keys onto the small table next to the door. I went and sat down on the couch and sighed while I ran my fingers through my hair.
“Well, that was an interesting visit.” I heard Jon say as he sat down next to me.
“I'm sorry, Jon. You have no idea.” I said looking up at him.
“Nah, don't worry about it. She's just looking out for you.” He said holding my hand. “No, she was being a total jerk. She didn't need to do that at all.” I said.
“I heard what she said while you guys were in the kitchen.” He said.
I sighed. “Which part?” I asked.
“All of it. Blaine, I won't make you go anywhere you don't want. I can promise you, I'm not leaving.” He said.
“You don't even need to say that. I know you're not. She's just ridiculous.” I said.
“You may think that and yeah, I do sometimes too. She needs to let up on school but without her, you wouldn't be here. So, I have to like her.” He said grinning.
“You're such a jerk. Where did you steal that line from?” I laughed.
“I've been watching movies. No but seriously, I mean it.” He said.
“I don't deserve you, at all.” I said quietly when I laid my head on his shoulder. “What do you mean?” He asked me.
“You're so nice to me. You don't judge me or leave me. You don't cheat on me, that I know of.” I said laughing. “You just make me feel right.” I said.
“I won't cheat on you. You mean too much to me.” He said. When he said that, I just melted. Then I remembered how my ex fiance had said the same thing to me, two weeks before he left me. No, I wasn't comparing the two people but it just made me wonder. I hope I didn't screw things up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?