The Violet Hour

Chapter Six.

I had been trying out some new things lately. I was knitting, going out more, and I learned to cook. Jon was coming over later tonight and I decided to cook for him and myself. I was cutting up some tomatoes and I looked up and out of the window in my kitchen. I was just looking for one second and I've cut tomatoes a million times. I've cut tons of things! But my hand slipped and I dropped the knife and it landed on my foot.
“AWH EFF!” I screamed. I looked down and the knife was on the floor and my foot was bleeding worse than anything you've seen in a 'Saw' movie. I freaked out for a second and put a towel around it. My hand was shaking and I called Jon.
“Jon!” I said trying hard not to cry.
“What's wrong?” He asked.
“I cut my foot and I really think I need to go to the ER.” I said.
“I'll be there in ten minutes. Do you need to call an ambulance?” He asked.
“I don't know!” I yelled.
“Just get your foot up. I'm on my way.” He said. I hung up the phone and limped over to a chair. My floor had blood all over it. I don't think I could watch horror movies anymore. I put pressure on my foot with the towel but I was bleeding like a gal cries during a chick flick! I was starting to have a panic attack when I heard Jon yell out my name from the hall outside.
“It's open.” I said. I was starting to cry at this point. It hurt so much and I was feeling some affects.
“Jesus, Blaine.” He said as he came over to me.
“Let's go.” He said as he helped me up. We tried walking but it just wasn't working.
“Blaine, this is not going to happen.” He said. Then he picked me up and carried me into the elevator and then into his car.
“What the hell were you doing?!” He yelled as he drove me to the hospital.
“I was trying to cook for you. I looked up for a minute and dropped the knife and it landed on my foot.” I said. Jon patted my knee and we got to the hospital in ten minutes. Jon helped me out and my foot was still bleeding. We went up to the receptionist and I told her what happened.
“Are you feeling okay?” She asked.
“I'm having a panic attack and my foot is gushing blood. I've got a massive headache. No, I'm not feeling okay.” I said sobbing. We sat down and Jon filled out some papers for me and we finally got a room.
“Well, you're going to need quite a bit of stitches. You cut a vein, too.” The doctor said.
“We've got pressure on it but we're going to hook you up with an IV and give you something for your headache and panic attack. I'll be back in a few minutes to stitch you up.” He said. The nurse came in and hooked me up to an IV and gave me some medication.
“Jon, I'm so sorry.” I said looking at him.
“Why are you sorry?” He laughed.
“I always seem to ruin things.” I said.
“You didn't ruin anything. You cut open your foot.” He said holding my hand.
“I've never gotten stitches before.” I said.
“It won't be too bad. I mean, you're going to need a lot, like he said. I'm here, though.” He said kissing my forehead. A few minutes later the doctor came in and gave me twenty stitches. It wasn't too bad but it hurt pretty badly. I held Jon's hand the entire time.
“So, Blaine. I really don't want you on this foot for a while. You can get crutches but you should not put pressure on it at all. Is this your boyfriend?” The doctor asked looking towards Jon.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Do you two live together? He's going to have to help you out.” He said laughing.
“We don't live together.” I said.
“Well, I suggest you arrange something. If you're on your feet too much, you'll bust your stitches and you will get an infection.” He said. I sighed and nodded.
“I'll give you a prescription for the pain in your foot then you can leave.” He said and left the room.
“Looks like you'll be staying with me for a while.” Jon smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy the chapter.
Thanks for the comments and subscribers!
Keep it up!