The Violet Hour

Chapter Seven.

“So, I guess it's safe to say you won't be cooking for a while.” Jon said as he sat down my bag in his living room as we walked in.
“Shut up, Toews.” I said looking at him. I was on crutches and I hobbled over to the couch and sat down.
“This blows!” I yelled.
“Look at the positives. You get to stay with me for a few days.” Jon said with a wink.
“Oh yay.” I said. Jon came and sat down next to me.
“It'll be an adventure! Think of it like a mini vacation.” He said.
“I'm on spring break hence, I'm on vacation. I don't want to be a bother, Jon. I can stay by myself.” I said.
“Blaine, why can you not listen to anything anyone ever says?” He asked. “I have a small apartment. I can manage.” I said.
“You cut your foot open, I don't think you can manage. Please, at least for forty-eight hours, stay here.” He said.
“Fine.” I pouted.
“You're not a bother, either. It'll be cool having you around. It'll be practice for when you do move in here.” He grinned.
“Oh my god. Jon, trust me, at the end of this forty-eight hours our relationship will be done.” I said throwing up my arms.
“Now why would you say that?” He asked me.
“Because I'm so boring. I'll probably start demanding some bizarre thing at like 3 AM. I'm just going to be this lazy college kid sleeping on your couch.” I said.
“Why would you sleep on my couch?” He asked.
“Uh, where else am I going to sleep? As much I liked sleeping on the floor in like, grade four, I don't like it so much now.” I said.
“You seriously act like we're in the 1950's. You're sleeping in my bed.” He said. I squinted my eyes at him.
“Oh really?” I asked laughing.
“I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, what if your foot starts acting up? I won't hear you in the other room. You have to be near me.” He said grinning.
“Good lord.” I said shaking my head.
“Would you like something to eat?” He asked me as he got up and walked towards his kitchen.
“I don't think I'll be eating anytime soon.” I said looking at my foot. I sat on his couch and looked around his wide living room. If I looked the other way, I could see Chicago. I tried to get up but it hurt my foot too much and I was starting to get tired. I took one of the pain pills the doctor gave me and I could feel it working. It was probably going to knock me out. I heard Jon come back out and he sat down next to me.
“Well, I'd ask you if you wanted to watch TV but you don't have much of a choice.” He said as he turned it on.
“Yeah, yeah.” I said in between yawns.
I laid my head on Jon's shoulder and I could feel him grab my hand. I fell asleep a few minutes into a food network show.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
thanks for all the comments and new subscribers.
Keep it up!