The Violet Hour

Chapter Nine.

I sat at home with Jon all day. He was really sweet about it and brought us lunch and sat with me but he had a game tonight. I sat in his room while he got dressed.
“Wear the purple tie.” I said as he looked at ties in his closet.
“Are you my stylist now?” He asked laughing as he came out with it.
“No, but I'm your girlfriend. So, it's close enough.” I laughed. Jon walked over to me and gave me a kiss.
“It's nice hearing you say that.” He said quietly. I just gave Jon a hug in response. I watched him put on his suit and put on a watch. He looked so different when he was getting ready for a game. Actually, no, he looked like Captain Serious. I was sitting on his bed while he was getting ready and I was looking at my foot.
“You okay?” He asked, looking at me via his mirror.
“Yeah, it's just sore. I wonder how bad of a scar I'll have.” I said.
“It'll probably be bad for a while.” He said. I just shook my head and sighed.
“Alright, well, I have to go.” He said and kissed the top of my head.
“Let me help you to the living room first.” He said as I looped my arm around his shoulder.
“I hate this so much.” I groaned as I hobbled out and landed on the couch.
“You'll be better before you know it.” He said.
“I still hate you.” I said.
“Love you too.” He yelled as he walked out of the apartment.

I read for a while then walked around his apartment, or at least tried to. I've been at his place plenty of times but I guess I've never really seen it. I walked into his room and looked in his closet. All of his old jerseys and medals were in the back of the closet. I laughed at his modesty. I walked back into his room and looked at the nightstand. There was a picture there that I had never really noticed before. It was a picture of me and him together at a party with some of my friends. I totally forgot about it. I picked it up and looked at it. It really made me smile. I think that was what pure happiness was. I loved Jon and I really knew that. Everything crappy that had happened in the months and even years before, had helped what we had now. I went back into the living room and read for an hour or two. I turned on the TV and checked the score of the game. The 'hawks were winning and it was mid way through the third period. I changed the channel and got pretty bored with TV within an hour. I got up and started cleaning his apartment, well at least the kitchen. I decided against touching anything sharp. After I got done, I sat down at the table and just sat there bored. A little while later, Jon walked in quietly.
“Hey, I didn't know you would still be up.” He said.
“I slept enough last night. I totally see myself not sleeping tonight. How'd the game go?” I asked.
“We won.” He said.
“Good job.” I smiled. He threw his keys down on the table and walked over to me.
“You cleaned my kitchen?” He asked laughing.
“I was pretty bored.” I laughed.
“What do you usually do when I'm gone?” He asked.
“Go out or something.” I laughed.
“You'll be able to go out soon.” He said.
“I'm going to go get changed.” He said and walked into his room. I waited a few minutes the walked into his room where he was sitting on his bed folding some clothes up. I took the clothes and moved them and sat down on his lap and started kissing him.
“What's this for?” He asked.
“I'm just really glad you're around.” I whispered and went back to kissing him.
That was the beginning of the first night I was really “with” Jon.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Love the comments, keep em up.
Love knowing what you guys think!