Status: UNDERGOING REWRITE. SAME STORY

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 11

Image

As the night progressed, the guys got drunk and I decided only to drink after I got conned into playing beer pong.

I was conned into playing one game and, of course, I had to defend my table… 5 times. I don’t even like beer; I have to chase it with something that actually tastes… not like piss. So I had a bottle of Jack for me to take shots after I had to drink. Mark decided to do a Conway vs. everyone else beer pong table. We played against Matt and Brian, which was an easy win; Jimmy and Zacky, also easy; Davy Havoc and Jade Puget of AFI, they were actually a challenge; Adam Lazzara and John Nolan of Taking Back Sunday, who were only so-so; and Jonny and Matt Berry, who knew that they could play. We finally lost to Michael and Jason Berry. To say I was relieved would be an understatement. All the guys watched in amazement as Mark and I dominated the table in the longest winning streak of the night.

“Sooooo… I noticed something about choo tonight, Bekah-Booooooo.” Zacky slurred at me.

“And what would that be, Mr. Baker?” I giggled.

“Dude, you can take liquor like no one’s business, but you drink beer like a pussy. What’s up with that?”

“I’m not a pussy! I just don’t like beer. At all. I really like liquor, though. With the exception of rum. It’s the only one I can’t take straight.” I blabbered with a slight slur.

“BEKAH!!! Come quick!” Mark yelled at me from the other side of the bus.

Naturally, I assumed that the worst had happened and someone passed out, hit their head on a table corner, and was now bleeding out. I sobered up real fast and ran to the other side. “Who’s hurt? Do I need to kill someone? Am I holding anyone back? SPEAK, PEOPLE!” I got out all in a rush. Mark stood there looking like I’d lost my mind, Michael was laughing, and most everyone in a band was confused as to who this crazy chick was and why she was there in the first place.

Finally, something clicked. “OH! Right. Um… nobody’s hurt; you couldn’t hurt a fly, so don’t threaten to kill; and you’re not here to hold anyone back. You’re here because we’ve been challenged again.” Mark smiled drunkenly.

“Holy shit, bubba." I walked over to him and smacked his shoulder. "You made me lose my buzz. And I was getting my flirt on. You suck so bad right now." I sighed. "Who are we playing?” I whined.

“Just a couple of guys from Green Day. They’re not on tour here, they just had a show in Dallas tonight and want to hang.” Mark said like it’s no big deal.

“Mark. You know damn good and well that I just might go fangirl over Green Day. Are they here yet, or do I have time to compose myself?” I said slowly.

“No, we’re here. Thanks for the heads up.” I heard a voice with a hint of laughter from behind me. I’m pretty sure it was Billie Joe.

Without turning around, I spoke back to him, “Give me just a second while I go stick my head in the nearest oven. Excuse me.” I said, absolutely mortified and started to take the long way around the bus, just to avoid looking at the majesty that is Green Day.

Mark stopped me as I tried to walk past him. “Bekah, calm yourself. Apparently, we’re now legends among the Warped circuit. Breathe, and let’s keep our awesomeness intact.”

I took a deep breath, nodded, and looked at him. “Give me a cigarette. You know I play better when I smoke.” After I had lit it up, I gulped and turned around. There before me was Billie Joe, Mike, and Frank, AKA Tre Cool. “Sorry about that, guys. I’m really embarrassed. My name is Rebekah.” I said as I went to shake their hands.

“And you were afraid you’d geek out. Psh.” Billie Joe said as we shook hands.

“Oh, I am. I’m just waiting for the right moment to call one of my best friends and brag that I not only met you, but dominated the BP table against ya’ll. Who’s first?” I smirked, finally back to my confident self.

“That’s my girl! Come on, bitches! Let’s play!” Michael screamed as he carried me over his shoulder to the table.

After Michael had put me down, Matt came over to me. “Bekah, why didn’t you freak out when you met us? I thought you said we were one of your favorite bands?” He said, kinda sadly. I guess he’s an emotional drunk.

“Matt, I didn’t freak out when I met ya’ll because I haven’t known about you guys nearly as long as I’ve listened to Green Day. They’ve been around since I was like 5 and I’ve been listening to them since junior high. It’s not that I don’t like you guys, I just haven’t liked ya’ll as long. It’s like ya’ll meeting… Pantera or Metallica before you started making music and touring.” I explained.

“Oh… OK. I guess it kinda makes sense…” Matt still moped.

“Poor Matthew. Did I hurt your feelings?” I asked in a baby voice. He nodded. “What can I do to make it all better?”

“Gimme a kiss so I know that you actually do like me?” He asked, also in a baby voice.

“You know why I can’t do that, Matt.” I replied quietly to him, a stern look in my eyes. I turned around to face Billie Joe and Mike on the other side of the beer pong table. “Ya’ll know all the rules, right?” I smirked.

“Yup. Now, distractions are only house rule. Are we allowed to?” Mike asked.

“How do you think me and Mark won?” I laughed. “Of course we allow them.”

And then, the game started. Billie Joe and Mike ended up going first. Mark stepped to the side and let me distract the men as I had for most of the night. It was just that much easier as I was wearing a very low cut top. I leaned over the cups and told the guys to “aim for the valley.”

Billie Joe froze, ready to throw the ping pong ball, his gaze focused on my barely covered cleavage. “But all I can see is mountains…” He barely managed to get out.

Both men finally managed to take their shots, both missing miserably. Mark and I were up, Mike decided to play dirty like I had. He pulled himself out and started dangling over and around the cups. Neither Mark nor I was fazed. Mark just ignored it altogether, I giggled. We both made our shots.

“Looks like this might be one of our easiest wins of the night, bubba.” I smirked at Mark.

“Maybe, Bekah-boo. Maybe.” He smiled.

_______________________________________________________________________

The game continued with me and Mark successfully keeping Green Day distracted and they missed half of their shots. Mark and I, having perfected our stances and arches years ago, made damn near every shot we took. We won, of course.

“Damn! Who taught you guys to play?” Frank (Tre) asked.

“Our mom.” Mark answered.

“She was pretty bomb. We learned basics when we turned 15 and she had us play each other until we had perfect shots.” I reminisced.

“Damn. How long did that take?” One of our bystanders asked.

“For me,” Mark started, “It only took about a year. For Bekah, it took a year and a half.”

“So, you guys have dominated BP for what, 8 or 9 years now?” Billie Joe guessed.

“Nope.” Mark smirked. “Only 7 years for me, 5 for Bekah.”

Billie Joe gaped at us. “She’s only 20??? And you’re 22??? What the hell?! Guys… We just got our asses kicked by KIDS!” He whined.

“I have a phone call to make now, excuse me.” I smiled and walked over to the bus. I dialed the number of my uber awesome rock idol and one of my dear friends. “MATTHIAS!!!” I yelled when he answered.

“UBERAWESOMEROCKIDOL!!!” He answered, “What do you want at almost 3 am?”

“Just a couple of things. First, I just dominated beer pong with my older brother. Again.”

“Congratulations. Not uncommon for you. What’s special about this time?” Mattie asked, sleep and boredom lacing his words.

“Mark and I just dominated like half of Warped tour and a special guest… Green Day!!!” I squealed as I jumped up and down like a crazy person.

“You didn’t!” He definitely sounded awake now.

“Get your ass on Skype and I’ll let you meet them.” I bribed.

Mattie squealed like a little girl. Green Day are his heroes. “I’ll be on as soon as I get a shirt on!”

“Ok. I’ll let you do that. Let me go get the guys and you call me back in like 5.” I hung up, not leaving him room to argue. “Billie Joe!” I called as I walked back around to the BP table.

“Yeah?”

“Remember that best friend that I told you about that I would call when I had the right moment. I just called him and he doesn’t believe that I have not only met you, but completely destroyed ya’ll while playing. He wants to Skype and meet you. Is that ok?” I asked hesitantly.

“Yeah. That sounds pretty alright to me. When is he calling?” Billie Joe smiled.
Just then, my phone played the Skype tone.

“Oh… Like, now.” I laughed and answered Matt’s video call. “Hey, buddy. So, this is Billie Joe. Say hi, Billie.”

“HIIIIIIIIII!!!! What’s your name, dude?” Billie Joe smiled and waved like a lunatic.

Mattie seemed at a loss for words for a while. “I’m Matt.” He finally got out. “Did my girl here actually beat you? Also, who was your partner?” Mattie asked with a smirk.

“Yes. Her and her brother mopped the floor with us. Mostly because Bekah, here, has a pretty amazing rack.” Billie Joe winked at me.

In the background, I heard my brother yelling “That’s my baby sister! And she’s half your age, dude! Don’t try it!”

The three of us laughed. “And Mike was my partner. He liked what he saw too.”

“And ya’ll didn’t even see the whole things.” I grinned devilishly.

“No worries, Billie Joe. I’ve been on the receiving end of that too. She can do a lot of damage with those. Except in the games I played with her, she had to take off her shirt to do anything to me. It was her lucky bra… Black with lime green skulls on it and it was strapless. It was an instant boner and she knew it. DAMN YOU BEKAH AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL BREASTESES!” Matt and Billie Joe laughed together.

“Why are you telling a complete stranger these things like I’m not here? Dick.” I laughed.

“Bekah! We got ourselves more challengers! Come get drunk!” Mark yelled from the table.

“Well, I gotta go defend my table, boys. I’ll talk to you later, Matt. Bye!”

I walked back to the table to see Matt and Michael. Both of whom were drunk as hell.

“Matt. Haven’t we already gotten you?” I asked with a smile.

“You got me and Brian whilst I was sooooooooooober. Errbody knows tha people get better as they get drunker. And Michael pretty much stays drunk, plus he’s pretty awesome at drinking games. Did you know this guy can shotgun a tall boy in like 2 seconds?” Matt babbled drunkenly.

“Dude. I know.” Mark replied, almost as drunk as Matt, “We’ve been best friends since sixth grade. Our mom taught him how to play too. Fucker got it down pact in like 4 months.”

We set our cups, and the game began.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry that I haven't posted in almost a year! It's been fucking insane! I moved to a whole new state with my boyfriend and we've been trying to get our lives together. Again, I'm sorry, So I made this chapter a little longer than most of the others. Enjoy!