Status: UNDERGOING REWRITE. SAME STORY

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 9

Image

My phone has amazing timing, just saying. American Idiot by Green Day started playing from the bunk above us literally, a second after Matt asked. “Well, that is my alarm, so it’s 8:30 am.” I said as I snaked myself over Matt, pulling myself far enough up next to the top bunk to grab my phone before I dropped myself smoothly next to Matt on the inside of the bunk again.

The other men in the room had finally resumed their normal postures, but still stared at me.

“Guys, what? Do I have something on my face?” I laughed.

“You looked possessed when you woke up.” Zacky claimed, with a wide-eyed, dead serious face.

“That was some creepy shit.”Jonny seconded as Brian and Jimmy nodded.

“I’m glad it worked.” I smirked, silently thanking my mom for telling me that they were watching me sleep.

“You did that to us on purpose?!” Brian screamed while the other gaped at me.

“That’s what you get for being creepers and watching people sleep.” I smiled.

“All of you. Shut up. It’s too fucking early.” Matt moaned a complaint.

“Matt, I have to get ready for work. You have to let me up.” I laid next to him and smiled at him, hoping that I was adorable enough to be let out.

“Fat chance. Matt has a human teddy bear now, they don’t get up until he does.” Jimmy laughed.

I quirked my eyebrow in an, “Oh really?” motion. All five men nodded. “Has anyone wanted to get up when being used as a teddy bear?”

“Yup. Matt’s a good hostage holder.” Zacky nodded solemnly.

I just smirked at the challenge. I slid myself down on the twin sized bed just enough to make Matt think that I was getting comfortable again, but enough to have my toes just out of the bed. After making sure I could fit between the rungs, I hooked my feet around the outside of the bars, let out a big breath, and pulled myself through the rungs of the bunk using mainly my legs. This was something that I had perfected when I was in college and had woken up late… Which happened a LOT. I landed softly near the bags at the end of the beds, conveniently having mine at me feet. After I grabbed my clothes for the day, I chanced a look back at the band. All of them were dumbstruck.

“What?” I feigned innocence.

There was a lot of incoherent mumbling before Matt found the words to say. “How the hell… What else can you do?” He asked in wonder.

“Yeah… What he said…” Jonny breathed out.

“I did mention that there are only three things that I’ll ever brag about. The first is my massage skills, second is my knack for sign language, third,” I smirked, “is my flexibility.”

“You have no idea how happy you’d make all of us if you gave us another demonstration.” Zacky told me.

“Please?” Brian asked.

“With whipped cream on top?” Jonny puppy pouted at me.

I laughed as I made my way past the frozen Jimmy to the bathroom. As I was in the doorway, I turned and said, “Sorry, Jonny-boy. I’m not into whipped cream and that kind of stuff.” I smiled and shut the door behind me, hearing poor Jonny get punched for suggesting whipped cream.

Right after I had changed and was in the process of putting on my eyeliner, someone knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” I called, far more chipper than I normally am in the mornings.

“Bek!” Matt half-whined, “I gotta pee.”

“Can you wait like two minutes? I’m almost done in here.”

“No. I’m seriously about to piss myself.”

“Fine. Come on. Be fast.” I said as I opened the bathroom door and went back to doing my eyeliner and mascara.

“You’re not gonna leave?” Matt questioned.

“You don’t have anything I haven’t seen before. I can deal with just about anyone taking a piss.” I laughed.

“Whatever you say…” he said as he pulled himself out and relieved himself.

When he was done, I was putting the finishing touches on my mascara, and Matt tried to hug me. I cringed away. “Gross. Wash your hands before you touch me, please.” I grimaced.

“Fine.” He sighed as he turned on the water and washed his hands. Once they were dried, I let him hug me. “So there’s still something that you didn’t fully explain.”

“What didn’t I explain?” I asked, confused.

“Why do you feel the need to do penance to God for something you didn’t do?”

“That’s exactly it, Matt. I didn’t dump Dustin before any of that happened and I should’ve.” I explained and stepped out of the bathroom to look for my shoes. Once I found my black chucks and slipped them on, I headed towards the door, yelling back at the guys, “I’m heading to work. Later boys!” with a girly backwards wave.

3rd person POV
“So. Did you find out what Bekah meant last night? What happened?” Brian asked, concern evident in his voice.

“Yeah, I did. It’s not pretty, man.” Matt told him.

“Can you tell us?” Jimmy prodded.

“It’s not my story to tell. But I will say that her reasoning for her lack of sexual activity is all kinds of warped. She’s blaming herself for something that isn’t her fault.”

“Now I just wanna know MORE!” Jimmy shouted.

“So you can tell us what all you two did last night, right?” Jonny asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“We talked until she got tired, and she made me go to bed because she was tired, and we slept all night. I had a crazy ass dream, and then you fuckers woke me up in the middle of a really good dream.” Matt summed up.

“What kind of ‘crazy ass dream’?” Zacky asked his friend.

“I was in an interrogation room and some woman, in like her early 40’s, was questioning me about all kinds of shit. Bekah, Val, the band, my tattoos, why I pierced my lip and gauged my ears, plans for after the band… Stuff I’d expect from a girl’s parents if I was asking for their approval to marry their daughter. Not stuff I’d question myself about in my subconscious, you know?” Matt explained.

“You’re right, that is a crazy ass dream.” Brian nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, apparently, this is what I do on Saturday nights... Lol. I finally figured out how to put the banner I made in! I'm so proud of myself. Hahaha!

Also, I am implementing a new rule! I'd like at least 5 comments per chapter before I update again, please. =) I genuinely want to know what the readers are thinking as they read.

Thank you, XxWishxOnxAxStarxX, for both commenting and subscribing. =)