Status: comment ! comment ! comment ! :3

Listen To Your Heart.

Bitter.

I dragged my sorry ass out of bed making sure I didn't wake Danny as I did so. I stopped and stared at his face as he slept, a small smile lingered on his lips. I slide into the shower. The water made its way through my hair as I gently massaged shampoo into my scalp. I pulled on my clothes, black skinny jeans and a floral blouse. From the bathroom I could hear the soft noise of snoring, making sure I didn't wake him I stood at the door and peered in. I watched Danny's chest rise and fall with every breath. I thought about going back to bed and quite simply just never waking up. I sighed and walked out of my apartment leaving behind my lovely best friend.

-

I sighed as the rain and wind below vigorously throughout the street, I bit my lip. I didn't have enough money for a cab so I pulled on my black jacket and walked out the doors. The rain was coming down hard but even from the other side of the street I saw the sign. My eyes widened and I walked across the busy street to the poster that had a simple M on it.

I thought that I must have been dreaming, I closed my eyes but sure enough when I opened them the poster was still there.

The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine The Maine

My mind was blank. It had been 3 years, 3 long years away from the lot of them. 3 years was what it took for me to move on and now they were here, now everything was about to change whether I went or not. My feet rushed along the sidewalk as quickly as possible, I was wet and anxious; not a good mixture.

I came to a holt and closed my eyes; this was what I had hoped for, for so long. Was I about to let everything go? My heart was beating out of control; there was only one name in my head that longed to escape my lips. My body quivered in the cold wind as my decision was made.

As soon as I walked in those doors I regretted it. The screaming girls were out of control, I must have been the only person in the venue not smiling. Then, well then my breath caught in my throat and I felt all flustered. It was like my heart was about to jump out of my chest, he was the same except this time his hair as shorter and he was covered in tattoos. I started to hyperventilate; it got awfully hot all of a sudden.

I closed my eyes and reminded myself that I didn't care for him anymore, that he was just another person. Then he started to sing, his sweet voice filled the air. It was like I was floating, his voice was amazing, he was amazing. My lips parted and you could barely hear my words but I knew what I was saying, “John” over and over again.

I closed my eyes for the entire show; I let the music fill me up inside. I hadn’t felt this tranquil in months. Then the music stopped and I opened my eyes, John and Jared were sitting on stools. Jared started to strum and my heart fastened. “I thought I had my girl, but she ran away. My car got stolen and I’m gonna be late. For work this week make that the fourth day straight but, I’m fine with it.” His eyes ran through the crowd, as the lyrics he sang built tears in my eyes.

Why did I run away? This was all I wondered and then I remembered. So he would still stand up on that stage and inspire others with his music. It was all over quicker than I’d like, the crowd was screaming and the boys were smiling. My eyes never left John, his scanned the crowd. He breathed in heavily as he layed his eyes upon me.

On stage walked Grace, she threw her arms around John’s waist and kissed his cheek; not once did he take his eyes off me though. My heart broke all over again, I averted my eyes to the ground but when I looked up he was still staring. Grace had the biggest smile on her face but John’s, John’s face was completely blank as so was mine. Jared came up behind him and placed his hand on John’s shoulder while the other grabbed the microphone.

“Pat, Kenny, Garrett and myself would like to congratulate John and Grace for their 3 year anniversary” he crowd screamed as tears ran down my face. Not only had he replaced me within 3 weeks but he had kept it going for 3 years. Was I really that replaceable to him? Was I really that useless?

Grace grabbed John’s face and pulled their lips together, I cringed and pushed through the crowd, tears were streaming down my face. Without even trying to do so John had made me fall in-love with him again and break me all in one night. I had never felt so little in my entire life, so worthless.

I was left with a fire in my stomach and the taste of bitterness in my mouth, if this was what I was going to feel all the time than I’d rather be numb,
♠ ♠ ♠
He is back.
<3