‹ Prequel: Cats and Dogs
Status: Currently on hold. I have just too many things to worry about right now.

Aliens and Vampires

Crazy Earth Air

"Nothing much, Echo was doing backflipps, Jake put on a red nose, and I broke out the unicycle; it was like a circus." Leah said sarcastically and I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, though I did scoff along with everyone else in order to blend in.

"You're hilarious." Alai said before plopping down in her mate's lap and making herself comfortable. "All of you, really. I'm cracking up here." Even as she said this, her eyes never left Edward, almost as if she was speaking only to him.

"Oh, Echo, sweetie, I totally forgot about letting you change." I immediately looked down at the clothes I was wearing and saw nothing wrong with them. Red, yellow, and orange material covered every inch of skin from my neck down. A classic ball outfit of a dress, leggings and knee high boots. Absolutely nothing strange about it.

"There is no need. My clothes are in perfect order." No one said anything for several seconds, but I did notice that Edward casually walked behind the couch on which I was sitting and that his hand discreetly placed itself on the back of my neck.

"Play along. You're not dressed like a human. Let her help you blend in. You have nothing to loose." The words were said in my mind and before I could turn around to look at the vampire and demand to know what he meant by that, his hand was gone and Alai was speaking to me.

"Well, I have absolutely no idea what they were over there in the windy city but here, it's not that. So, come with me." Alaivera jumped off the brunette man's lap and gripped my wrist in a hold that made me immediately wince in sympathy for Edward's previous position.

"Alright. Thank you." I mummbled as I was led out of the room.

"Oh it's no problem. I have no real girl friends I can do this with. Leah doesn't like clothes, or make-up, or anything girly really." As Alaivera and I walked down a long hallway, I glanced fleetingly at the images on the walls. Some were of Alai and her family, others of the trio I had just met and others still of people I didn't recongize.

At the end of the walk way, I was escorted into a large bedchamber and sent in the direction of the bed while Alai walked to a door on the left and dissappeared behind it. I didn't have to wait long for the blonde to reappear, a few seconds later she stepped out of whatever room was back there, clutching a black dress.

"Hope this is okay, you're too tall for anything else." She held out the garment and I took it gratefully. "It's late right now, but tomorrow I'll take you into town and get you some clothes. If you're going to be here for a while then you'll need something more than a day dress. It's Febuary." That sentence made absolutely no sense to me but I nodded and smiled anyway. "You can change in here, I'll make sure the boys stay out. Just throw your clothes in that basket and join us in the living room when you're done." Alaivera looked around the room for a moment as if trying to see if there was anything she missed before exiting.

It was as I was changing that I started thinking about my situation, and what a situation it was. I knew I had to tell Alaivera and her family eventually, if I stayed here for any length of time it was would only be a few weeks before He found me and I couldn't just leave without giving her a reason as to why. There was also the fact that she had no idea what she was, it would be unnecessarily cruel to deny her the knowledge.

There was only one thing that I was still unsure about. How would I be recieved after these people found out? Alaivera and her friends seemed tolerate but her mate Jacob was still glaring at me and hadn't said more than two words in my pressence. I couldn't even imagine him discovering I was from a different planet, the man would kill me before I could explain; and if I wanted that, I could have stayed home. At least there it wasn't insanely hot and oxygen rich. I had only been here for a few hours and I was already light-headed, how did the humans stand it?

My thoughts finally stopped racing after the dress was pulled over my head, now I just had to find that damn basket; where had she pointed to? It may have taken a minute or two for me to find the item but eventually I managed to toss my clothes into it and open the right door (there were like a million of those things) which led out into the hallway.

The moment I stepped out of the room, a smell met my nose and I just about fainted on the spot. It was wonderful, perfect, beautiful, my mate's smell. Hesitantly, I placed one foot in front of the other and managed not to get lost on my way to the livingroom. "EDWARD!" Oh my goddess her voice, it was the most magical thing I had ever heard and it was just around this corner. Yes! And there she was, long golden blonde hair, pale flawless skin, eyes as dark as night, oh and how cute she looked when she was yelling.

"EDWARD CULLEN! YOU TOLD ME YOU'D COME HUNTING! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T COME HUNTING WITH ME?! EMMETT DOES! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW CLOSE I CAME TO KILLING YOUR BROTHER TODAY?! AND THAT'D BE ON YOUR HE- who are you?"

She turned toward me and every connection in my brain in my brain seemed to fail at that moment. "Mate." I whispered in a daze and it was all I could do to stay standing and not fall to the floor. I doubt the crazy earth air was helping much in that department.