Profit of Innocence: Love Kills

Welcome Back

On the start of the third term holidays, my mother Judy had driven me to New South Wales where I meant to be staying with my uncle and cousins for the next few weeks;
“I’ve posted a photo of Chopper on James’s wall and it’s done, HEY!!! Mom my phone says there’s no reception; PLEASE tell me it’s just the area we’re in”

Mom looked at me and nodded; “yes it’s the area we’re in, just remember darl, Greg did mention that there wasn’t much reception or range in his area, here we are”
I stared outside the window blankly, til they pulled reached a double story white house, her twin cousins Kirsten and Jenny ran up to me as soon as I had gotten out of the car, hugging me tightly, not letting her go, then her uncle came out, with his son Jack, the youngest child and most shy out of the three; “Amelia! Long time no see! We’re so glad you could be here with us throughout the holidays, the girls have been hanging out to see you all week; Judy, how are you?” as my uncle and my mother engaged in conversation, I’d gotten my bags and bought them all inside, as I walked up on the porch, I noticed a cornfield that wasn’t there on her last visit ten years ago;

“Hey, sweet cornfield! How long has that been growing for?” he looked at the cornfield, then at me;
“Started growing it ten years ago not long after you, Jacque and Steve left, so how was the traffic coming up? Not too jam packed I hope?” mum was just finishing her smoke as my uncle told her all this;
“Actually it was dead quiet, absolutely no other car in sight once we left Melbourne, dead wasn’t it darling?” I nodded at her as I dragged the last bag inside; mum had left ten minutes later; as I’d gone inside after saying goodbye to my mom, I went inside with everybody else, taking one last look at the cornfield, I thought that I had heard laughter.

As I finished unpacking at 5:45PM with help from the girls, my uncle leant in against the doorway; “Amelia, what do you say we go out for dinner as a welcome back pressie?” I agreed to this idea and had gotten ready, I wore a strapless bra with a vintage strapless dress, vintage tights and black knee high boots which had a stump of a heel on them; the girls wore matching summer dresses with white sandals, whereas Jack wore a Scooby Doo shirt, black shorts and black sandals.

We left at 6:10PM, he mentioned that we were meeting somebody there, but left me wondering who it was, we arrived at the restaurant by 6:30PM, my uncle walked up to the manager and spoke softly, the manager looked through his book and smiled; “right this way sir” as my cousins and I followed my uncle to our table, I noticed it wasn’t empty, a boy between the ages of 18-21 was sitting down reading his menu with a glass of Jack Daniels, he had brown almost black hair, he wore guy liner, a Motley Crue band tee, leather coat, ripped black skinny leg jeans and Doc Martin boots, I immediately knew who he was, a friend of mine, Dean, that I’d met through a friend, once he saw me, he immediately got out of his seat and hugged me; many photos were taken that night, some of Dean and I, and some more of my cousins and my uncle, we all finished eating by 7:45PM my uncle had taken my cousins to look at the desert displays, whilst Dean and I stayed put; “I still cannot believe you’re here, you weren’t’t suppose to be here til next year” I’d said all of this out of shock and all too quickly, however, Dean just smiled as he looked at me; “well I had the money, and besides I really wanted to see you and tell you that Jayne broke up with me, about time too, we were constantly arguing and she was bitching at me all the time, but you are the one for me, the one I am truly in love with, I know I sound like a fag saying this, but it’s true” I smirked as I had leant in and kissed him, I did feel bad for Jayne, but it was her loss, Dean had taken a photo of our kiss and set it as his wallpaper.