Profit of Innocence: Love Kills

Was it a Dream?

My mom picked me up early the next day- having no idea about the events I’d been through that week, the drive home was too quiet, she tried several times to make conversation with me, but I couldn’t speak, I still had Malachai’s knife with me in my handbag;

“are you alright hon? You’re very quiet, anything interesting happen at Greg’s? anything exciting?” she was desperate to get a simple yes or no from me, however I just shook my head and continued to stare blankly out the window, my mother had given up and turned on the radio.

Approximately half an hour later we were near a diner; “how bout we go in for some lunch? Hungry at all?” I nodded as I lazily got out of the car followed her inside, I ordered a diet coke, my mom got some coffee; “so catch me up on all the goss girlie, how’s everything going up in Adelaide? I’m sure the girls were happy to see you, apparently Greg organized Dean to come out and see you, that would have been a shock” she spoke too fast, obviously wanting a proper conversation with me, I tried my best just to make her happy; “yeah I saw Dean, we caught up, he was so friendly and nice, he couldn’t stay for the entire trip though, had to go back home you know?” I smiled half heartedly she nodded at me.

I looked around as I did I spotted a boy with longish red hair at a pinball machine, he suddenly looked up and directly at me, I almost jumped out of my seat, it was Malachai, but how could it be him? He was dead, wasn’t he? Someone else walked in the diner this time, a dark haired girl whose hair was curly, Rachel? I couldn’t believe this, she was dead too, at least I thought she was, my mom looked at me then looked where I was looking; “Amelia…are you okay? Why are you staring at that couple over there?”

The only thing I could think of was ‘thank god I’m not the only one who can see them’, my mom had gone to the bathroom, then I stood up and slowly walked over to the red head boy and the curly head girl, they saw me coming, Rachel ran over to me; “Amelia, when you burned the field you saved us, we’re not ghost, we are ourselves again, we are normal, see?” she was wearing her normal clothes, I was half listening to her, but kept my focus on Malachai, he looked at me and walked over to me slowly, he took my hands in his, I moved in closer to him;

“I don’t understand, you were dead and now…” tears took over and I cried, he embraced me and kissed the top of my head, I then grabbed his knife from my bag; “this belongs to you” he looked at me and cupped my face then kissed me deeply.

Suddenly, a scream came from the bathroom, I ran in and saw my mother there laying on the ground, dead, I screamed, then I noticed the rest of the adults had been poisoned, I noticed Malachai slashing somebody’s throat, the terror and fear left my face, as I watched Malachai slash the throats of the innocent, he looked up at me, he was covered in blood, I ran into his arms and we kissed passionately.

The End……?