Secrets, Bruises, and a Court Date

A Little Miracle

The doctors rushed out of the delivery room with my baby on a stretcher. I didn't know what was happening, all I knew was, I wanted to hold my baby.

"Wait where are you going with me baby!" Jen yelled still trying to catch her breath from the labor she had just endured in.

I ran after the doctors as they ran down a hallway and into another room. I wanted and needed to know where they were taking my baby. The thing that scared me the most was what they were going to do to the baby.

"I'm sorry sir, but you are not allowed in here." Nurse told me with her arms in front of me.

"But, that my baby..." I said trying to push my way through into the room.

"I'm sorry sir, but you are going to have to wait. There were some complications during the birth." She explained to me, while she pushed me back into the hallway.

"I want to see my fucking baby! Don't you understand english woman?!" I scream in her face and finally pushed passed her. The doctors were huddled around the stretcher my baby was on.

"Clear." One doctor yelled. And then a thump like noise and a beep.

"Nothing Doctor." A nurse stated after looking at the monitor.

"Sir, I'm sorry but we need to escort you out into the hallway." A security guard said as he escorted me out.

"Let me go! I want to know what's going on!" I yelled trying to fight back my way into the room.

In that time I was trying to get back in I heard a cry. I knew it was my baby that made that noise. My baby finally cried out for the first time of her birth. I finally got out of the security guys reach, and ran over the doctor.

"Is my baby okay? What's going on?" I asked in panic.

"Yes, Mr. Way, your daughter is fine. But we have to keep her here for a few days." He explains to me as he hands me my daughter.

I looked down at the baby resting in my arms. She was sleeping peacefully after all the commotion she had been through. 'She has my nose,' I thought to myself as I let a tear fall from my face. I carefully walked her back to Jen's room.

Jen was sound sound asleep in the hospital bed as I came in. 'Wait where's Jake?' I asked myself.

I looked around the room without seeing any sign of him until I heard a toilet flush in the bathroom.

"Hi dad! Is that my sister?" Jake asks as he tries to look and see, but was a little too short to see.

"Shh... yes this your new little sister." I said as I sat in the chair next to Jen's bed.

"Aww, she's so cute and fat." Jake decided to point out to me and then kissed his little sister on her forehead.

"Babe, baby wake up." I whispered into Jen's ear. "Look who wants to see their mommy."
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter for you readers. please leave comments