Secrets, Bruises, and a Court Date

The picture

I froze, 'did he really just say that?’ I thought

“I'm sorry I think I heard you wrong.” I say shocked. I sat down on the couch and the boy did the same.

“What’s your name by the way?” He turns and asks me. I sat back and look at the ceiling.

“I’m Jennifer, Jennifer Way.” I attempt the James Bond voice. He just smiled lopsided and says

“I’m Jake!” I’m now looking at Jake and thinking that, that is the way Gerard smiles. Jake must have noticed cause he got up and walked over to his bag. He quickly pulled something out, but I couldn't’t tell what it was though.

“Here I am pretty sure that is my dad in that picture.” He says handing me a picture.

It’s a picture of a woman (assuming his mother), a little boy (assuming its Jake), and … oh my Gee… Gerard. I shook my head a little just in case my eyes were playing tricks on me. I looked at the picture, then back at Jake, then back at the picture again. I can’t believe it!

“That is Gerard.” I say under my breath. I run my hand over the picture still not believing that my husband is in that picture. But it is sitting right in front of me, this is evidence. I handed Jake the picture.

“But…how…why…” I studder. And put one hand on my stomach and the other covering my mouth. I don’t feel so great anymore.

“Can I use your bathroom?” Jake asked while standing up. I nodded my head

“It’s down the hall and to your left.” I said while getting up with my balloon of a stomach.
Jake nodded his head and made his way down the hall. After I made sure he found the bathroom I grabbed my phone as fast as I could. ‘I need to call Gee’ I thought as I dialed his number.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it looks a little weird i typed it with word first. anyway ENJOY!!!! :)