Secrets, Bruises, and a Court Date

What Kind of Super Hero?

Gee hasn’t called me yet. I kept pacing back and forth just waiting for him to call. Thoughts were rushing through my head a mile a minute. ‘I cant believe that he didn’t even mention he had a son. He didn’t even tell me!’ I thought over and over again.

Jake is here still and he told me how he took a train and a cab ride to get here from New York. I asked him why he left his home to come and stay here with Gee. He said that his mom is abusive and he can’t take her anymore, he was scared of her, I could see it in his eyes when he told me. I gave him a hug and told him he could stay for as long as he likes. The thing I didn’t tell him was that I also had abusive parents, I knew those exact feelings he felt when I was his age. I know where he is coming from, and how it feels to have parents like that and I hate people who have kids and then abuse them, I am filled with disgust just thinking about it.

“What time does dad get home?” He asked me while bobbing his head to his iPod that supposedly Gerard gave him for christmas last year.

“Umm... depends really, I mean depends on how much they get done in the studio. I reply while putting some dishes away, still waiting anxiously as well.

“Oh” He replied and dug through his bag.

“You hungry? I can make you something if you’d like? ” I asked while looking through the fridge.

“Umm... you have any popsicles?” He asked Hesitantly.

“Sure do!” I exclaimed and grabbed them from the freezer and placed them on the counter. “Take your pick,we have; Super heros, Chocolate fudge or, Firecrackers.” I list while pointing to each box.

“What kind of super heros?” He questions while walking over to the counter.

“Batman!” I reply excitedly.

“Awesome! I love Batman!” Jake replies jumping up and down with a grin on his face.
I hand him a popsicle and put the rest back in the freezer. Next thing I know walks in Gerard. Here comes the anger and an explanation.
♠ ♠ ♠
heres another chapter, sry for the wait. comment.