The closest thing to being caught is lying.(A step-sibling affair)

chapter 4

I was in the gym, stretching with the other volleyball percipients, yes I Alex James does volleyball a realistic, optimistic, and excited person like me does volleyball.

We have stupid volleyball practice until five thirty today, which I say, takes up most of my day, which sucks!

Last night when I came out of the pool from the little swim I had by that little shit, called nick, I'm still pissed about that, I mean was that called for, but anyways last night when I got out of the pool I.....

Start Flashback

"YOU LITTLE..." I trailed off, once I got resurface. Nick was standing with his arms crossed and a wicked smile on his face, like it was funny being dumped into a pool of ice cooled water .UGH!

"Little what?" he questioned coming closer, he bended down where I was and leaned closer.

"You little shit" I whispered, I was going to get him in here one-way or the other and I had the perfect plan.

"Since you dumped me in here, you might as well have the courtesy to help me out, or I'll scream and have mom and Greg come out here and you know once they come out here its not going to be pretty!" I gave him two options; right call me wrong or wrong? If I was him I would pick the first one, because that one would be safer, I'd say.

" If I do help you out, you have to call a truce, thats means you cant get me back for this one. Ok?" he asked, I'd call it a truce all right!

"Ya, I'll call it a truce." I lied I'm a lair, he nodded and gave me one of his bronze hard hands. I grabbed it making sure to keep my body positioned well in the water. He moved closer so he could get a better grip of my small hand.

"You have to help me with this Alex" he said,

"I know" and thats when I put more power into my grip and pulled him over me and into the pool, all you heard was me laughing and water splashing everywhere. He resurfaced a few moments later, his brown eyes were glistening with anger, and I had to laugh.

"What the hell Alex? Why did you do that?" I lined myself on the edge of the pool, you really couldnt see anything, it was like ten in the night and there wasnt much light radiating off the house either.

"You started it first!" I threw back; still laughing I will never forgot this. He went underwater, I looked for him through the water but I couldnt find him, than I felt hands on both sides of my stomach, and than he popped up, right in front of me, the bastard had nerves I can say that.

"No Alex you started it first, if you hadnt said what you said in the kitchen we wouldn't be in this predicament, now would we?" I rolled my eyes; at least he was gaining knowledge.

"Where did you learn the word?" I questioned, putting both of my hands on his lower abdomen, to try and ease him away.

" Ya, I'm not as dumb as you think." He got a little closer his body was pushing against mines.

" I've wanted to do this for so long." What was he talking about, and then it came to mind he was going to kiss me, nick was going to kiss me and I wasnt going to fight him, but it was all wrong he wasnt suppose to be my step brother, I wasnt suppose to be falling for him. I realized that nick made me laugh more than anyone I knew and thats kindy freaky.

"We cant do this," I whispered, even if he kissed me I wouldnt back away and I knew it, our parents were a walk away and still

"Ya your right we Cant." he said before backing up, and giving me a little room.

" I think you should go before we do something that we'll regret?" he turned his back to me and ducked under water.

I actually agreed with him, I didnt want to regret anything with him I just didnt.

I pulled myself out of the water and ringed out the water out of my tank top before running inside and getting a towel.

End flashback

" James do ten more squats for daydreaming," I grunted when I heard the coach, I hated the damn man, he always gave me extra exercises to do and half of the time I don't even daydream, but because I loved sports I put up with this bullshit, I got to work on those extra activates.

Come too think about it, I haven't seen nick since I came out of the pool, I didnt even see him this morning like I usually do, and neither at school, ok what I'm saying is that I miss him, sue me, we at least say a good two words when we're mad at each other but this was different, it was moreI dont even know what to say.

When I had finished my extra exercises I went to take a shower than I got dressed, I was wearing a baby doll long sleeve shirt with jeans and boats, what its winter and its freezing in new jersey.

On my way out of the building, this skinny girl grabbed my arm scaring the crap out of me. The girl had wild brown curly hair with baby blue eyes and big-framed glasses.

" Yes?" I questioned as I turned to her, she heisted with a big gold envelope in her hands.

"This is for you" I took the envelope out of her hands and looked it over.

"What is it?"

"That's an invitation, for the winter ball on Saturday, its from sally and Freddie, its the winter ball and they would have handed it to you their selves but they had something to take care of" she took at breath, sally and Freddie are twins and their pretty damn rich not richer than me of course but rich, every year they have the biggest parties. So it's a privilege for me to be invited, but why would they invite me?

The last time I went to one if their parties were, come to think about it I dont even remember attending none of their parties for quiet a while.

"Thank you, tell them they'll see me there." I turned and continued my journey toward my car, I really needed to get a new car, I mean someone like me shouldnt be driving something like this.

I got into the coop and reversed.

_________________________________

I slammed the front door shut behind me and dropped my bag onto the floor in the den on my way to the kitchen.

There was no one home as always I mean, isnt someone suppose to be home in a big house like this, no we dont have any maids or anything, my mom believes in old fashion doesnt matter what generation she's in, I mean I would love a cook or a maid, we do have a pool boy, they couldnt get nick to clean the pool if his life depended on it.

I took out a juice bottle out of the refrigerator and walked over too the island and took a seat.

I was staring into space when I heard the front door shut, and seen nick appear in front of me with the same envelope that I got in the school parking lot earlier.

"You got one?" he asked, holding up the envelope, I just stared at him.

Can you believe him, he hasnt seen me for like a day and he doesnt even say 'hi are you?' or 'are you dead, everything alright?' I wasnt talking to him until he got some manners.

"Did you get one?" he questioned again, leaning on the other side of the island and staring at me, I turned my head so he couldnt see my face.

"So we're playing the silent game?" I rolled my eyes and got up.
I threw away my bottle and got my keys from off the counter where I was seated, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I walked to the door of the kitchen and yes nick was making a hot hole in my back, dont be mad, you started it not me.

I picked it up and walked into the den, dropped on the couch and answered.

" Hello?" I asked with the TV remote in my hands about ready to turn on the television.

" Hey, Alex?" I laid out on the couch and got comfortable.

" Oh, hey matt what's up?" I asked watching as nick came out of the kitchen and walked up the stairs trying to ignore my conversation this was going to be fun.

" Nothing I wanted to call and ask you if you got invited to sally's and Freddie's winter ball," it looks like he got an invitation too, how much people got this invitation?

"Ya I got one."

"Well, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go with me?" I smiled this was going to be very good.

" Ya, I would love too!" I beamed into the phone, I had a very good plan to set out, when since I become a girl that plans stuff, I have no idea but it was kindy fun to plan and have it come out the way you planned it.

"Great, so what time do you want me to come and pick you up?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the readers, you guys are great!