The closest thing to being caught is lying.(A step-sibling affair)

Chapter 5

"Wow! You look beautiful." I was standing in front of my full-length mirror on my closet door, my closet was walk in so it had a door, and I just added a mirror.

Nick was standing behind me in his tuxedo I had to admit he looked damn good in it, it was black, his long hair that was usually in front of his eyes was comb back, he looked damn good.

We weren't talking to each other, I haven't talked to nick since the pool incident, which was last week. You know I never figured 'me' the type of girl to miss someone so much, I mean I miss my mom I even miss my dad and he's dead but never like the way I miss nick.

"Thank you." I had to say something right? I was wearing a silk white dress with a black belt under my breast, my hair was down, the dress had thin strap but I had a white fur coat, so I thanked god for that, my heels where white because majority of my dress was white.

"So does that mean your talking to me now?" I bet he would of asked me that questioned, I turned around to him, with my heels on I was almost his height.

"No, nick I'm still not talking to you and until you figure out why I won't talk to you." I looked down to my white slim wrist watch, yap, matt should be here any minute, I moved over toward my bed and grabbed my coat as well as my purse, which contained my cell, lip gloss and to think of it, nothing else.

"So that's it, is that the way it's going to go?" I turned back to him. He looked pissed I guess both of was pissed of at each other for no reason, I had a reason I wanted him to kiss me in that pool.

"Yes nick, yes it is." on my way out, he grabbed my arm stopping me in my tracks. I turned back to him; he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Let me go, nick." his grip loosened but he didnt let go.

"This is not over." I turned back around, when my arm was released.

"No, nick its not." And I walked out of my room with him boring holes in my back.

I reached downstairs when I felt my phone vibrate in my purse; I dug around in it until I located my sidekick.

"Hello?" I said as I reached the door and pulled it open.

"Hey Alex."

"Oh? Hey Matt, you're here is my guess, right?" I stood on the front steps, with my arms crossed over my chest, it was freezing outside, I live in North Carolina and its winter add up the equation and what do you get freezing.

"Yea turn around." I turned and there he stood standing in a black tux, with a single rose stem in his hand, I smiled that was so hot. I hung up the phone and turned fully to him.

"Is that for me?" I asked as I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

I stood back and he handed me the rose, I brought it up to my nose and sniffed oh! The smell of a single rose is so much better than a bundle of red roses.

"So you like them then?" I smiled again.

"Of course I like them." I turned back around and looked out at the darkening sky.

"Shall we go mi lady?" I smiled, oh he was so cute, he held his arm out to me and I took it, we started down the steps.

When I got to his car I was fully impressed no it wasn't a limo or a jaguar it was something way better in my opinion anyways. Matt drove an Aston Martin can you believe that? I mean I tried to get my mom to get me one but the answers is always no she gets me a Benz but not an Aston martin that's just bullshit!

"Wow! Nice ride. When did you get it?" I had to know, I just had to. He opened my door for me and when I got in he shut it behind me and then returned back to his side and got in.

"Well it's a long story." My smile was not coming off my face I mean I'm actually driving in an Aston martin I promised myself that one day I'll be driving one, believe me when I say that. He backed out of my driveway and started down the long narrow road to our hostess home.

O0oo0o0oo00oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00oo00oo00o0

"Welcome to sally and Freddie's winter ball can I have your last name please?" where did they get this robot from; its a party not a class.

I've been hearing that same saying since I got here. There was a line; I mean a long line. Matt was behind me I think talking to someone I really didn't know I wasn’t paying attention.

"Next?" the girl at the entrance asked, wow what a line can go by fast, I walked up to her, she was wearing an all black pantsuit, her hair was in a bun in the back and she was wearing black framed glasses.

"Welcome to sally and Freddie's winter ball, can I have your last name please?" oh my gosh shut the fuck up. I smiled regardless.

"Its James. Alex James." She ran her finger down the list on her clipboard.

"Oh yes. Alex please step this way." Did I mention this before no I don't think so? It's like a red carpet but instead its blue, cars pull up you wait in the long line on the blue carpet until you get up front and then bam your in.

There were valets to take our cars to the parking lot of course; they too are dressed in all black. I could already tell that this party was going to be crowded just by the look of all the cars pulling up.

She opened a glass door and motioned for me to step in before she closed it behind me. The music was loud and it was dark, party time!

I stood by the door to wait for Matt I saw people grinding on one another the music being Nelly hot in here. I felt like dancing too. There was a chandelier over our heads, the space was completely empty by empty I mean no furnisher expect of course the bar, wait they had a bar and a dozen small round tables to the side, this place actually looked like a real club.

The door finally opened again and there was Matt, he looked surprised to see the amazing room ahead of him, how much did this party cost?

"Oh my gosh look at this place Alex?" his hand was placed on my lower back as he whispered in my ear.

"I know it's amazing!" I responded. We moved forward and through the dancing crowd to the bar.

There was two guy bartenders dressed in all black, what the hell is up with them and black tonight. I took a seat on one of the stool and so did Matt.

"May I help you?" one of them asked while wiping down the counter.

"Yea, can I have a martini please?" I spoke before matt could get a word out and turned my face and smiled at him because of what I did he smiled back.

"Yea sure and you?" he pointed his attention to Matt.

"Can I just have a beer?" the bartender nodded, I like this party under age children can drink now that's what I'm talking about. The bartender placed a wine designed glass in front of me and a tall glass in front of matt.

"This shit is cool we can drink." I spoke as I took a sip of my martini. He smiled and nodded.

"Yea it is. So you wanna dance?" before I could answer Carolina was beside me. She was smiling from ear to ear.

Carolina was my closest friend she was there for me through the thick and thin.

"Hey there girlie?" she said, I looked down at her dress wow home girl was doing it. Her blonde and black hair was tied back she had a diamond necklace around her neck matching her all white dress, it was designed with sliver it was a pretty sexy dress.

"Hey carol when did you get here?" Matt moved off his stool and stood up with his drink in his hands.

"I'm going to find Derek and the boys ok?" he whispered in my ear eyeing Carolina. I nodded and then he was off.

"I got here about an hour ago you?" she was ignoring Matt again; don't even ask because they're always like this, their always mad at each other.

"Like ten minutes ago, where's Derek?" I questioned, Carolina and Derek have been going out for like ever.

"I don't know we got here and I haven't seen him since you know how he is." She shrugged her shoulders.

"How come you didn't call me yesterday like you said you would." She hit me when the sentence was finished. I laughed and finished my drink and asked for another.

"Sorry but I was pissed off." I pushed my glass aside and the bartender replaced it.

"Pissed for what? Let me take a wild guess Nick." I drank that glass down too. All of a sudden I heard my song playing usher's love in this club. Woo I had to get up I held up my pointer finger to carol signaling a minute and bogged my way onto the dance floor.

I danced and danced woo was this my jam, until my drinks started to kick in which was so wrong but I had to use the bathroom.

I made my way through the crowd and up the wide staircase to where I thought the bathrooms were probably, no I didn't talk to anyone on the dance floor and no I haven't seen nick or his buddies since I've been here which Is a totally good thing I need some time away from that little bastard.

I made my way down a long narrow hall thinking that maybe a bathroom might be down it, when out of nowhere someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a dark room pushing me against the wall and capturing my lips.