Status: HAVING THE BIGGEST WRITER'S BLOCK EVER. FUUUUCKKKK

Break Down The Walls

uno

I stared up at the giant building in front of me, a million little butterflies erupting in my stomach once more. The building was 4 stories tall, overlooked a giant soccer field, and was surrounded by giant walls to maintain privacy.

I took a few deep breaths, trying to remember whatever it was they talked about in yoga, desperately hoping to calm my shaking hands. I felt a hot flash erupt on my forehead and I fidgeted with my bangs, hoping I wasn’t going to start profusely sweating.

This was it. After 4 years of special classes in college, and 3 years of internship, I was finally here. I was going to be managing the press for some of the world’s most prestigious athletes: soccer players. However, it was not for just a few athletes here and there.
I was managing all things press for an entire team. And not just any team! It was the Spanish team. The World Cup was in just 2 months and tension ran high as the Spaniards hoped to finally snag a title.

Deciding I couldn’t just stand outside the building the entire day, I gave myself a mini pep talk to encourage myself to simply open the door and walk in on my first day of work.

“Come on Sophie!” I whispered to myself, bouncing on my toes lightly. “You have this in the bag! Just open the door and show them who the fucking boss is!” I recited in my head over and over again, as if the constant repetition would make me believe I was actually capable of opening the door.

With some new found rush of adrenaline, I opened the door and was hit with a wave of cool air, which provided some relief after standing outside in the blazing sun for a good 10 minutes. I let the air conditioning soothe my hot skin and it calmed me down a bit, comforting my senses. A large receptionist's desk faced me and I stalked over to it, trying to look as put together as possible.

“Can I help you?” a middle aged woman asked me. She had soft brown eyes and her curly brown hair was pulled back into a tight bun. Her sharp features and impeccable clothing contrasted her eyes greatly. It was intimidating looking at such a sharp looking woman, but as soon as I looked in her eyes, I felt safe.

“Yes, my name is Sophie Fernandez, and I’m here as the new press manager.” I said quietly, hoping she would take me seriously. It wasn’t everyday you saw a young, 23 year old woman, claiming she was taking over such a powerful job.

“Oh my goodness Mrs. Fernandez! Welcome! We have been expecting you. Everyone is very excited to start working with you, as we have heard much about you!” she gushed, standing up from her large mahogany seat and extending her hand towards mine. I shook her hand in mine, relieved by the reaction and feeling less anxiety then before.

“Thank you, Mrs..uhh” I stammered, trying to find her name, but she wore no nametag and there was no plaque on her desk.

“Oh dear, porfavor, call me Mary” she said with a large smile and I smiled back, nodding my head. She walked around her large desk and stood infront of me suddenly.

“Okay dear, why don’t I show you where you’ll be working? I’m sure you can’t wait to see it!” she laughed. I giggled and nodded, following her to a large elevator. We went to the top floor, and as soon as she opened the door, there was a wave of talking, laughter, and ringing phones.

I looked around to see the entire staff working intently. Papers were being exchanged, people were talking on their phones animatedly, and coffee was being drunk.

“Can I have your attention please?!” Mary said quite loudly and immediately I flushed out of embarrassment. I twiddled with my fingers and gave a weak smile to the room of people who were all looking at me. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not shy, and I am rather outgoing but when faced in a room full of people, it’s not exactly fun.

“This is Sophie Fernandez. She is our new press manager for the boys. She is your new boss. I expect you to show her the ropes around her and I am confident that you will be nothing but wonderful to your new manager. Thank you.” Mary said, ending her little speech with a smile.

“If you haven’t realized it, we are all like family here” I heard Mary whisper from besides me.
A chorus of “welcome” and “good morning Mrs. Fernandez” came my way and I nodded my head appreciatively to the warm gestures from these people. I hadn’t realized it but Mary was leading me to the opposite end of the room, where two enormous oak doors awaited her. She waited politely until I caught up with her and reached the doors myself, before she opened them with ease.

What awaited me inside made me gasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes yes i know its laaaame. but i had to leave it with a cliff hanger ;D
it will get better!
i pinky swear! (;

ohhh and shout to my girl Dame Chance cause... shes my girl.
REPRESENT.