Oceans Runaway

Surprise

I walked down stairs after getting off the phone with my girl. Okay so she wasn't my girlfriend but she was mine.
"What do you want mom?"
"We're going to lunch come on."
"Do I have to?"
"Yes. Destan just because Kai is gone doesn't give you an excuse to hide in your room."
"I'm not hiding. I'm just not hungary."
She sighed, "Okay. You can stay this time only."
"Thanks."
"Yeah. We'll be back."
I watched as my mom, dad, and brother walked out the door. I was usually with them. Every so often Kai was with us too. They loved her. No where near as much as I did, but they did love her. I laid on my bed texting Kai. I got a brb and hours passed. I text my mom asking where they were. Apparently they were going to a movie in Boise and we're on their way back. I started throwing clothes in my closet, getting ready for school when I heard a knock on the door. I walked down stairs and wasn't ready to see what I saw. There she was. My Kai. Those brown eyes that glistened in the dimed lighting, that smile that I loved. She jumped into my arms before any explanation.
"What are you doing here."
"Leaving."
"What?" She handed me two tickets. Hawaii. One of the smaller islands.
"Kai....you're serious."
"Yes I am. But we have to hurry." She pulled at my hand, "Destan we can make something no ones ever seen before. We can be together. Come with me."
I smiled, "Let me grab some clothes."
We ran up to my room and I started packing. I had packed all she said I'd need, as we heard my parents pull up. Shit.
"Talk to them. You're going on a walk you'll be back later."
I nodded and she slipped out my window.
"Hey I'm going on a walk, I need some air."
"Okay be back before dark."
"I will." I walked out the door and saw Kai waiting in the rental car with all of our bags.
"You ready?"
I smiled, "More than anything."