Status: Active.

You're a Scribbled out Name That My Love Keeps Writing Again and Again

Falling

Sophia woke up in her cold bed, groggily coming to her sense as she tried to figure out why everything was so unfamiliar.Dull light poured through her window and the sky hung heavy outside, looking too bleak to possible be daytime. Sophia rubbed her eyes, shaking her head in a daze and trying to clear the foggy sleep from her mind. She sat up, hugging her knees and sighed. Waking up in Forks wasn’t the most welcoming start to the day.

Sophia dragged herself out of bed and rubbed her hands together in an attempt to generate heat. She opened the curtains as far as they would go, trying to allow as much light as possible.

She pulled on a pair of tight black skinny jeans and a grey tank top, opening her bedroom door. She paused for a second, looking at the goose bumps on her bare arms and sighed. She rummaged around the various piles of clothes before finding a long black and grey cardigan.
Gone were the days of denim shorts and flip flops, waking up and finding yourself soaked to the skin in sunlight.

Sophia cautiously tip toed down the stairs, careful not to disrupt her father’s steady snoring. She wasn't aware of the time as there was no clock in her room and her phone was buried somewhere in the bottom of an untouched suitcase.
There was no sign of Bella as Sophia walked into the kitchen. Sophia had to do a double take of the clock on the wall which read 7.00AM. Never before had she voluntarily gotten up this early. She usually slept undisturbed until lunchtime, sauntering downstairs to receive a lecture from her mother about wasting the day away.
Sophia rolled her eyes at the thought. In many ways she was glad to be free of her mother, to be free of hers disapproving sighs and eye rolls and head shakes. Her and Renee never saw eye to eye. Renee would always be telling Sophia to keep her head out of the clouds and feet firmly on the floor.

Sophia’s grasp on reality had never been tight. That’s why she always preferred fairytales and dreaming to real life. She sighed as she looked out the kitchen window, watching as the grey clouds rolled in and blacked out every inch of the sky.

She paced the kitchen a few times, contemplating what she should do next. Her life had always been a steady routine and now, it seemed as if everything had been taken from its secure place and tossed carelessly away. It was an unknown and alien situation for Sophia.

After five minutes, Sophia found herself searching through draws and cupboards in search of a bowl. She fished one out and placed it on the counter, taking some milk out of the fridge.

“Cereal, cereal. If I were a box of cereal where would I be?” Sophia muttered, opening more cupboards until she found an assortment of cereal in the bottom cupboard.

Sophia screwed up her noise in disgust as she poured in the milk. Sophia never really ate in the morning, never having an appetite for it. She was trying to occupy herself and kill time.

She stabbed her cereal with the spoon, grimacing again.

She gave up after about five mouthfuls, chucking the contents in the bin and shoving the empty dish on the side.

Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth in boredom, Sophia realized the only thing left to do was the thing she had been putting off. To unpack and sort out all her belongings. She groaned at the thought but realised she couldn't keep putting it off.

After about half an hour, Sophia had productively sorted out everything in the clothing department and found her phone in the back pocket of her denim shorts.

She froze as she heard movement coming from down the hall but relaxed when she realized it was just Bella. She unzipped her rucksack and turned it upside down, releasing a combination of jewellery, makeup and random objects she had shoved in there at the last minute. Sophia’s head suddenly snapped up as she heard a male talking, the voice to silky and fluid to belong to Charlie.

She tilted her head to the side when she realized it was Edward even though she distinctly remembered him leaving after dinner. Her eyebrows furrowed as she realised Bella must have snuck him in. To do what? She snorted at the idea that sprang to mind.
Sophia sorted through her belongings, half listening to Bella and Edward's hushed voices, only able to detect a few words.
Sighing, she took her phone out of her pocket, flicking through her contacts. She stopped at Renee's name, deliberating. Sophia had only been at Forks for one day, but seemed to have developed an instant dislike for it. She tried to imagine herself living her for another month. The only positive thing would be spending time with Charlie however that prospect was being overshadowed by the boredom she would have to endure.
So that was why the thought of calling her mom and explaining how this was a big mistake was looking better and better.

Her finger hovered over the call button and she smiled as her decision was made.

Three thunderous knocks suddenly rang through the air, causing Sophia to jump and her phone to fall out of her hands and clatter onto the floor.
She stood up startled, listening to the raucous from downstairs.

"What is the dog doing here?" Edward fumed, striding to the door while Bella followed anxiously.
Edward swung open the door, his eyes blazing and a scowl set on his perfect face. Bella put her hand on his arm gently. He looked down at her pleading eyes and took a step back, his face still set in the murderous glare.
"What the hell is wrong with you Jacob?" Bella hissed. "Why can't you just knock on the door like a normal person instead of acting like a rambunctious child?"

She dragged him into the lounge, shutting the door and standing near Edward.
Jacob smirked, eyeing Edward's infuriated face. "I just came here to remind you of a few crucial details in the Treaty. The same treaty that prevents me from ripping his head of his shoulders right now.”
Edward remind emotionless while Bella's brows pulled together in confusion.

"What details?"
"Oh, don't tell me your precious little leech forgot to tell you? Sorry to burst your bubble Bella, but things aren’t going to go as you planned."
"What are you talking about Jacob?"
Jacob smirked again, a smug expression on his face.
"We haven’t forgotten Jacob." Edwards voice was hard and cold.
Jacob ignored Edward. "You see Bella, the Treaty states quite simply that if a bloodsucker , bites a mortal then the truce is destroyed. The truce comes to an end... but the war begins."

Bella's felt the blood drain from her face and fear knot in her stomach but she managed to keep her tone cool. "I don't have time for this Jacob. You're lying. "
"Nothing but the truth Bells. One bite, then that’s it." Jacob glared at Edward. "We will finally have a reason to take you filthy leeches down."
Edward scoffed. "You really think you’ll be able to defeat us?" He glanced at Bella's expression. "Not that it will ever come to that."

Jacob laughed, though there was no humour in the sound.

"The only way it will not come to that is if you let Bella live. There is no way around it Edward. You can't avoid it. You bite her." He paused to look at Bella, his eyes cold and emotionless before turning his stare back to Edward. "Then we kill you."

It was silent for a few seconds as Bella let everything sink in. Jacob's tone was so formal, so cool that it made the whole situation even more sickening.

"Y-you can't stop me Jacob. I know what this is about. It's about you. It's always about you and you're feelings." She hissed, letting all her rage out. "You're only doing this because YOU don't want me to, not because the Treaty says so. Because YOU have some pathetic infatuation with me. You'll do anything to stop me from concreting my relationship with Edward and destroying all your chances. You're trying to give yourself one last chance. One last chance with me. Well let me tell you Jacob Black. It won't work."

Jacob just watched Bella's tantrum with cool eyes, his lips turned upwards in a small smirk.
She throw her hands up in the air. "You're so selfish!" She cried in exasperation.
That made Jacob flinch and the smile twist into a sharp frown.

"Me?! Me?! Me the selfish one?!" He yelled in disbelief. "You're such a hypocrite!"
Edward stepped forward in front of Bella, assuming a protective stance. Bella pushed him lightly, stepping around him.

"Shut up Jacob! Charlie is still upstairs. " She hissed.
He ignored her. "I can't believe I’m hearing this! You have a nerve to call me selfish. Think about what you’re doing Bella. Think about the effect it’s going to have on other people if you become one of them. What about Charlie and Renee? You're not going to ever be able to see them again. So what will it be? Car crash? No, too cliche. A mysterious house fire, which you so happen to be caught in? What will it be, hmmm?"
Jacob watched Bella's pained face.
"You'll break their hearts." He muttered. “And you call me the selfish one.”

Each word was like knife being thrust into Bella's stomach. She started to feel physically sick.
Edward pulled Bella into a tight embrace, rubbing circles on her back soothingly. Edward didn't look up at Jacob, worried that if he looked at his face, he would lose it and kill him where he stood.
"Get out. Now Jacob."
He snorted. "I don’t take orders from you. Besides this isn’t your house."

Bella lifted her head from Edward chest and stared Jacob in the eyes. She saw his emotionless exterior waver when she held his gaze. He bit his lip and his dark eyes filled with regret.

Bella knew he didn't mean what he had said and she knew he would take it all back in a heartbeat if she asked him too. She knew that his uncontrollable temper got the better of him, especially on such a touchy subject. She knew that her decision was tearing Jacob apart.

"Maybe it is best you leave now Jacob. I don't want to keep having this discussion when there is nothing you can do to stop me." She sighed. "All this yelling has probably woken Charlie and he'll want some answers....And Sophia."
"Sophia?" Jacob asked confusion clear in his voice. "Oh, yeah. I heard your little sister was moving in with you." His eyes narrowed. "I guess it's just another life for you to mess with."
"Jake-"
"Don't argue with me. You know it's true." He said, his voice turning cold again.
He gave her one last stare before turning abruptly and leaving the house, slamming the door on his way.

Sophia, who had been crouching at the top of the stairs, one hand holding on to the banister and shamelessly eavesdropping in on the conversation, jumped as the door slammed. She didn't understand what was going on. The actual words behind the shouting had been hard to depict. She had only caught a few phrases.

She stretched her neck, peering into Charlie’s room and smiling as she him saw fast asleep, his mouth hanging open.

Sophia's attention turned back downstairs again and she watched as Bella and Edward walked out of the lounge and to the bottom of the stairs. Edward was holding Bella close, his face stern. Bella was biting her lip anxiously.
Sophia stood up slowly and walked two steps before Bella's head snapped up.
"Oh. Good morning Sophia." She smiled though Sophia could see the effort behind it. "How long have you been up?"
"Oh, erm, not long." Edward raised an eyebrow. "So...what was that all about?"
"What was what about?" Bella asked innocently.
"The, err, shouting. Door slamming. Edward's murderous face."

Bella fidgeted under Edward's arm and began to stammer an excuse before Edward cut in.
"Just a little misunderstanding between friends. It's all sorted now. Don’t worry." Edward said smoothly, composing his face into a serene mask.

Sophia nodded, stepping down the stairsbefore sitting on the middle step. She propped her elbow up on her knees and rested her chin in her hand. Her eyes, along with Bella and Edwards darted to the front door as they heard it open.

Jacob had stormed half way up the street, before he felt the urge to stop. It was as if he felt a pull, a force halting him and telling him to turn around.

He complied, turning around and stretching his arms as he felt the pull grow stronger.
He walked forward, following the strange force and realising it was coming from Bella’s house.
He thought this was a sign. A sign that leaving Bella upset went against everything he promised and he needed to go back and undo his words.

He walked briskly back to Bella’s house, felling the invisible pull becoming stronger and tighter, like an elastic band being stretched.
He stood at her front door, frowning as the pull seemed to draw him in closer and closer.
He opened the door.

"Look Bella, I’m sorry about what I said." He called, walking into the house. "I didn't mean-"
And then the elastic band snapped as he saw the beautiful girl on the stairs, lift her head and lock eyes with his.

As he stared into those big blue eyes, he felt as if gravity itself had become nonexistent and that girl was the only thing holding him to earth. The only thing from stopping him drifting away. It was as if he was bound to this girl by a tether that he never wanted to break .All these strange feelings of love and devotion came surging up through his body and he just wanted them to spill out so he could share them with her. He wanted to hold her and never let her go, to protect her from everything and make sure she was always smiling. This girl was his sun to grow, his air to breath. He felt as if he had been falling his whole life and then this girl had become his gravity, his force to keep him steady. This girl was everything to him and he knew he would give up his life in a heartbeat to protect her. This girl was his other half, his reason for existence. His soul mate. His imprint.

Sophia found herself caught in those dark brown eyes, unable and unwilling to look away from the boy. She suddenly felt weightless, almost as if she was falling for a second but the boy in front of her had caught her and kept her steady on her feet. The boy with russet colored skin, thick black hair and a height of at least 6 foot.With muscles bulging from under his t-shirt and dark, dancing eyes. The boy was beautiful and strange and Sophia felt herself instantly attracted to him.

She stood up, finally breaking his powerful gaze. She walked cautiously down the stairs, keeping her eyes down. She could feel him staring at her and felt her cheeks flush.
She looked up at Bella's perplexed face; the contrast to Edwards amused one.

"Well this is very convenient yet unexpected." He said, his lips tugging up into a grin.
"Edward. Would you care to explain what is going on?" Bella asked.
"Perhaps we should discuss this with Jacob."
Bella and Edward both turned their heads towards Jacob’s face which held a mesmerized expression.
"Jacob?" Bella asked, causing his head to snap up in her direction.

She jerked her head towards the kitchen.
He nodded.

"Yeah, i think i need to explain a few things. Bella, this is going to be...Just keep an open mind, please." He dreaded her reaction.
Her eyes narrowed in suspicion.
"I need to have a talk with err, Jacob here. Perhaps you should wait upstairs Sophia." Bella said, slightly nervous.

Sophia looked at the three of them, clearly baffled.

She turned her head quickly when she noticed Jacob’s attention on her again. She didn’t want to be caught in his intense eyes.
"Okay. Whatever." She headed up the stairs mumbling, "I don't remember Forks being so strange."
"Jacob. Kitchen." Bella said sharply, distracting his eyes from following Sophia up the stairs.
"Yeah, yeah."
Edward was struggling to hold back his grin as he pictured Bella's reaction.

This was going to be a very interesting conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so it begins.

Thank you for subscribing! It means a lot :D
I would really appreciate coments as well, to let me know how im doing.
It would also mean faster updates ;)

Thank youuu for reading,
x