Status: Active.

You're a Scribbled out Name That My Love Keeps Writing Again and Again

Moth To A Flame

Edward watched, his face painted with concern as Bella held her head in her hands, trying to process the information that Jacob had just given her. He couldn't help but let his lips tug up as he saw Jacob's distressed face.

"So, you're trying to tell me you made some freaky, magical werewolf bond with her?! She cried.
Jacob grimaced. "Don't say it like that Bells. It's called Imprinting."
"I don't care what it’s called! Just....make it go away." She said desperately.
"What?"
"Unimprint on her. You know..."She threw her hands up in the hair in exasperation. "Just get rid of it!"
Jacob chuckled. “It doesn’t work like that Bella. It’s not something I can control. Nor is it something I want to fight."

Edward pried Bella’s hands away from her face, smoothing her hair and telling her to calm down.

"Calm down?! You've got to be kidding me Edward! I'm sorry I can't find the rationality in this like you but I think I have a good enough reason. After all, a werewolf is claiming to love my little sister!" Her voice was burning with fury.
Jacob rolled his eyes."I'm not claiming to Bella. I do."
"You haven’t even spoken to her! And don't give me any love at first sight crap. This is just another childish attempt to try and make me jealous."

Edward sighed sadly, hating the state Bella was in and not being able to fully enjoy the fact that he wasn't competing for her love anymore.

"He's telling the truth Bella." Edward said softly.
"No, Edward. Can't you see? It's just another one of his sick games." Bella's mind was too scrambled to process the hurt her words could cause.

Pain flashed across Jacob's features but he quickly composed his face, settling a hand on Bella's shaking shoulder and ignoring when she glared at him.

"Bella. I don't know how to explain this but I know it's real. Imprinting is so indefinable. I suppose it is like that love at first sight crap, Bella but so much stronger. It's an unbreakable bond." He smiled, almost dreamily. "I used to think Imprinting was another burden that come along with the whole werewolf package. But now...I feel like I finally understand. I understand how intense these feelings are. And I wish I could take back all the things I said about Emily and Sam. Take back how i thought imprinting was for the weak as i suddenly i feel stronger then i ever have done, Bella."

Bella blinked in confusion as she had expected Jacob's temper to get the better of him. But his tone was cool and calm, his face a serene mask.
"It's like I’m free. All that heavy weight from chasing after you has been lifted and I can finally breathe. I'm not blaming this on you Bella; it was my own stupid fault for acting childish and trying to take what wasn't mine. And if I had listened to you maybe it wouldn't of got this far. But now it’s suddenly clear it would have never worked between us. Because fate had me tied to someone else. I still love you Bella but not in the same way I used to."
Bella smiled weakly. "You sound just like her. All that talk of fate and destiny."
Jacob grinned. "Maybe that’s why she suddenly chose to come here. Fate was pulling her towards me."

Jacob ignored Edward's scoff, relishing in the idea that Sophia had somehow known that he was her, waiting for her.

"B-but I can't let this happen Jacob. This was exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want Sophia to be caught up in all this. I wanted her life to be normal. I never wanted her to be involved with all the lies. I just wanted her life to run smoothly, without any obstacles that would prevent it from doing so. Don't you see Jacob? Her life can never be normal now. All this...It’s just too much. You will just end up hurting her."

"That’s where your wrong Bella. I could never hurt her. She's my imprint. We belong together. I will never put her in danger. I will never leave her side. Whether you like it or not."
"You can't promise that you will never hurt her Jacob. You’re not a normal teenage boy. You transfrom into wolf for Gods sake! And if you hurt her, it won't be because you arrive half an hour late to a date or...or because you forget to call her when you promised you would. You will hurt her because you are not human. You will hurt her because you are dangerous"

Jacob flinched at her words and his tone suddenly became cold and harsh.

"Coming from the girl with a bloodsucker as a boyfriend. What a role model you are."
"Watch it mutt." Edward growled from Bella's side.
"This isn't about me." Bella hissed.
"I know. It never is. You always find what’s best for other people. So why can't you see that I’m best for Sophia?"
Bella struggled for a logical answer. "I-I just...can't."
"Think it about it Bella. I will never hurt her. Never push her into anything she doesn’t want to do. I will never leave her and always be there for her, and never let her go on with her day without a smile on her face. I will always protect her. And if you really think about it, she's much safer with me that anyone else. I mean, have you seen the size of me? I really doubt anyone is going to try something when i'm by her side." He said, his voice taking on a playful tone.

Bella looked at Edward desperately. He smoothed back her hair, trying to comfort her.

"You know I hate to agree with him Bella and I'm sorry this is hurting you. But he's right. "
"It's not your fault Edward." She mumbled.
"It’s all falling into place Bella. Just stop trying to catch the pieces. Let everything work it's own way out. Trust me. Now everything for Sophia will work out for the best."
Bella groaned, realising she had been defeated.
"I'm still not happy about this." She lifted her head, looking Jacob dead in the eye. "You really love her don't you?"
Jacob smiled softly. "More than you’ll ever know."

Sophia paced around her room nervously, straining to pick out words from the hum of conversation below. She had completely forgotten the incident were she was just a second away from calling Renee and asking to be whisked away. Suddenly things were becoming interesting. And strange.

She couldn't get that boy's face out of her mind. As cliché as that sounded. She tried to occupy her mind but his face would always be there, hidden at the back but never completely out of view.

His beautiful face.
Sophia paused, wandering if she could use the word beautiful to describe a boy.
But from her perspective, he was beautiful. His presence seemed to light up the dingy hallway in which she had saw him standing.

There was something about him. Something that instantly drew Sophia to him. Like a moth to a flame. She couldn't explain or understand it. She had an urge to run downstairs just so she could see his face again. All the feelings were strange and unfamiliar and Sophia wasn't sure if she like them tampering with her mind. She refused to let them win. Let them take over her sanity. She refused to play the part of the typical lovesick teenager, desperately fawning over a guy out of her league. She didn't need any boy. She was independent. Always had been and always planned to.

She tiptoed out of her room and down the hall. She froze when she heard a low mutter and the sound of bed springs creaking under the weight of her dad.
She peered round his door to see him grumbling as he sat up from the rumpled bed sheets.
He ran a hand through his dishevelled hair, jumping when he saw the small frame of Sophia standing by the door.

"Good morning." She said cheerily.
"Morning." He grumbled, searching round for something unknown to Sophia. He looked up at Sophia's smiling face and grinned back, showing his teeth in a playful manner.
Sophia laughed and plopped herself down next to her dad, welcoming a conversation with open arms in a chance to distract her mind from wandering back to that boy. Charlie watched Sophia with raised eyebrows.

"Why are you so jolly?"
Sophia didn't really know why. She thought she had been keeping up pretence in front of her dad but it occurred to her that she didn't need to. She just felt a sudden burst of euphoria.

She settled for a shrug, still smiling and swinging her legs.

"What was all that yelling about?" Charlie asked suddenly.
The question startled Sophia.
"Oh. You heard that?"
"I think the whole of Forks heard it Sophia. I've never heard so much bickering in my whole life." He muttered, searching through his wallet.

Sophia smiled weakly, thinking he was letting the question drop.

"So? What was going on downstairs? Did Edward and Bella have a little disagreement?" He tried to keep his tone casual but Sophia spotted the eager edge to his voice.

"I guess you could call it a little disagreement. Little being the operative word."
Charlie grinned. "Really? So what happened?" He didn't even try to hide the eagerness, his eyes bright with anticipation at the thought of Bella and Edward falling out.

Sophia hesitated, biting her lip.

"I heard a door slam. Edward I guess? Of course he would be the first one to storm out. Never liked that boy." Charlie said, already drawing a conclusion of the incident.
"No, no that wasn't it. Bella and Edward weren't the ones fighting."
"What do you mean?"
"It was a boy. Bella's friend I think. They were yelling at him."
Charlie stared at her blankly.
"Err, abnormally tall. Short dark hair. Native, i presume. Looks like he's on steroids." Sophia said jokingly.
"Why didn't you say that in the beginning instead of rambling on about nonsense." Charlie huffed, disappointed there was no lovers tiff. "You just described Jacob."
"Oh. " Jacob
"Yeah. Hasn't Bella mentioned him to you?"
"Err, vaguely."
"Well, I’m surprised he came over. Him and Bella aren’t exactly on good terms at the moment. Not to mention the fact that him and Edward seem to hate each other with passion. I guess you can't blame them. That’s what happens when two testosterone filled teenagers go after the same girl." He shook his head in disapproval.
"Sorry, dad. You’ve lost me."
"Well, let’s just say Jacob’s a bit too fond of Bella. More than he should be." Charlie said in a hushed tone, like an old lady gossiping.
"I tell you, the two of them are worse than a married couple. They have a love, hate relationship. Bella is too serious and their personalities tend to clash. Give it a few days. I guarantee they'll be best friends again before you know it."
"I don’t know Dad. It seemed pretty serious to me."

He just chuckled.

"Jacob goes too far sometimes. It's not his fault; poor kid. He’s never going to give up on Bella." Charlie sighed."He's a good kid that Jacob. A real good kid. Bella deserves someone like him but it seems she has her heart set on that Cullen boy."

Sophia giggled at the way Cullen sounded on his tongue. He screwed up his face as if he had been left with a sour taste in his mouth.

"You're such a drama queen. He's not that bad dad. He was rather nice to me."
"More fool you then. He has a way of charming everyone, winning them over. Well not this old man. He's hurt Bella one too many times for me to give him my blessings."

Sophia frowned at that statement but let it pass. Charlie was sighing and heaving himself back onto the bed. It looked as if he wasn't ready to face the day yet. She wandered out of his room, her brain buzzing with new information.

So this was the Jacob that Bella was always hesitant to write about. That when Sophia asked about them,Bella's answer would be limited to only a few words.

Sophia shook her head, smiling slightly. Who knew her timid sister would have two of the most stunning human beings she had ever seen after her.

Sophia trailed her finger around on the banister, wandering wheather she should go down stairs or not.She suddenly felt her stomach nervously twist and churn at the idea of seeing Jacob again. She frowned, trying to smother these feelings that she was beginning to really detest.
She cautiously made her way downstairs, moving gracefully and lightly so as not to make the floorboards creak. She hoped Jacob would have left or at least not notice her as she crept into the living room.

But there was no such luck for Sophia. As soon as she twisted her body round the bottom of the staircase she saw Bella, Edward and Jacob all turn their heads to her direction.
Sophia bit her lip, her eyes searching each face for a change in expression.
It was Edward who was the first. His lips lifted up at the corners in a charming smile.
Sophia smiled back wearily, hopping down the last few steps and coming to join them in the kitchen.

She kept her eyes firmly away from Jacob's grinning face as she walked to the fridge. She pulled out some orange juice, drinking it out of the cartoon to soothe her dry throat.

"Err, Bella? You do realise that dad heard all the commotion down here." Sophia finally said.
Bella blinked. "Oh. Shoot. Is he angry?"
"Well he was hoping that you and Edward were having a lovers’ quarrel but I explained that it was... your friend you were arguing with." Sophia said, quickly mumbling the last part.
Bella sighed in frustration. "I think Charlie was more than hoping. He was probably on his knees praying."

Edward chuckled, absentmindedly playing with Bella's hair as she leant against the counter. Jacob stood awkwardly by the doorway, his eyes locked on Sophia.

"Well, at least he isn't angry." Bella said.
Sophia nodded, about to leave the room when Edward spoke up.
"So Bella? Are you not going to introduce your friend?"

Sophia watched as Bella sent Edward a glare, her jaw clenching. He smiled innocently and whispered something to her, causing her to sigh and stand up straight.

"Sophia, this is my friend Jacob." She said.
Sophia forced her eyes up to Jacob's face. He ginned warmly at her, waving.
"Nice to meet you Sophia."

Jacob's smiled was infectious and Sophia found herself grinning back. She could almost feel as if there was some sort ofelectrical pullbetween them, arcing through the air and willing them closer.

"Likewise, err...Jacob." She felt odd saying his name out loud for the first time.
"I'm sure Bella has told you all about me. After all, we're best buds. Ain't that right Bells?" He said ruffling her hair playfully.
She shot him a look that made him roll his eyes though his smile never deteriorated.
Edward's fingers intertwined with Bella’s and he tugged her arm gently.

"We should get going Bella."
"Where are you going?" Sophia asked, her eyebrows pulling together.
"Yes, Edward. Where are we going?" Bella asked, the same confused expression painted on her features.
He laughed lightly. "Silly Bella, don't tell me you forgot already? We're going to back my place. Remember? We have some things to discuss with Alice."
Bella blinked a few times before her face lit up with understanding. "Oh. Yeah. Right, of course." She babbled, grabbing her coat off the side.

She turned to Sophia who watching the two of them intently.

"You'll be okay here with Jacob, right?"

"What?! No! Oh you are so going to pay for this, Bella" were the thoughts that raced through Sophia's mind.

"Yeah. Sure." Sophia said, forcing a smile. Her mind began to buzz frantically and stomach turn with unease,

Bella smiled. "We won't be long. And I’m sure Charlie will be able to drag himself out of bed soon.Oh, and if Jake irritates you, feel free to kick him out. I won't mind." She smiled sweetly at Jacob.
"Feeling the love, Bella." He muttered
Sophia laughed. "Bye Bella. Edward."

They said their goodbyes, and exited the house. Sophia listened as she heard car doors clicking open and the sound of an engine purring to life.
It was silent as she strained to hear the car roaring down the road, the noise gradually fading into a distant drone.

Sophia looked up at Jacob, who was still smiling, his mouth stretching up from ear to ear.

"So..." He began. "I guess it’s just you and me hey?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the comments! Here is another update to show my appreciation ;)
Hope you enjoyed reading :D
x