Status: Active.

You're a Scribbled out Name That My Love Keeps Writing Again and Again

Nosey

“So…” He began. “I guess it’s just you and me hey?”

Sophia smiled weakly and nodded, turning her torso slightly so she didn’t have to stare into those intense eyes. Silence hung heavy in the air, constricting around Sophia. Her ears ached for some noise, something to release the stillness. She resisted the urge to blurt out something irrelevant and stupid. It was quite usual for her to be the first one to break an awkward silence, by saying the first thing that popped into her mind such as “Did you know humming birds are the only birds that can fly backwards?” Consequently Sophia would receive perplexed stares and end up making an uncomfortable situation worse.

Sophia busied herself, sorting through the kitchen racks and placing unnecessary herbs and spices in alphabetical order, imagining herself doing this back home and getting her hands batted away from Renee.

She jumped when Jacob cleared his throat. She turned to him, watching as he raised an eyebrow.

“So, Sophia?” She tried not at blush at the way he said her name. “I was wondering…?” he trailed off, looking as if he had difficulty in finishing the sentence. Sophia’s heart beat quickened as she watched the strangely beautiful boy struggle to find words. He looked her in the eye.

“I was wondering if…if you didn’t mind me borrowing some food from your fridge? I was in a rush this morning and skipped breakfast. My stomach is not being very forgiving.” He finished his sentence with a dazzling smile.

Sophia blinked a few times. “Yeah. Sure. Sorry, I don’t really know where anything is placed.”

“No problem. I’ve been here enough times.” He walked over to a cupboard, fishing out a plate and utensils.

Sophia watched him curiously, wandering just how many times he’d been here.

“So, you and Bella are really close then?” She asked, leaning against the counter.

“Definitely. I guess if i were to quote a term from girl lingo then we would be BFFs.” He looked up from the peculiar sandwich he was making to grin at Sophia.

She giggled and shook her head, suddenly feeling completely at ease with Jacob.

She bit her lip, desperately wanting to know more. “Not meaning to pry but do you err… like Bella? Like, more than a friend?”

Jacob paused, looking almost comical with a knife raised, covered in mustard. She guessed the question had caught him off guard. She had only been here 5 minutes so he hadn’t expected her to know so much.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked. None of my business really is it?” Sophia said quickly.

“No, no it’s okay; I just wasn’t expecting you to ask that.” He paused, gathering his words. “ I was head over heels for Bella. I was completely oblivious to everyone else. Everyone’s warnings and advice and lectures about how she and I would never work out, I just ignored. She has that bloo- Edward but I didn’t care. I wasn’t willing to give up. I genuinely believed I was in love with her and she was the one for me. But she never loved me back, never the way I hoped. But that didn’t discourage me, I still chased after her. Even though there was no hope. Pathetic of me really?” He turned to Sophia, who was standing quietly. She suddenly had a strange feeling of jealously towards Bella, though she shook it off in irritation, scolding herself mentally, telling her mind to get a grip.

“But then something opened my eyes. Something made me realise that its time i stop chasing after Bella because she is not my future. It hit me suddenly and unexpectedly but I’m grateful for it, none the less. Now i know i can move on because now i know i don't love Bella the way i used to."

Sophia frowned, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

"And what might this something be then? The something that made you open your eyes?"
Jacob paused again, placing down the bizarre food in his hands. He turned to face Sophia, smirking mischievously.
"You’ll find out… Later.”

Sophia frowned, watching Jacobs cheeky grin grow wider at her annoyance.

“How is that fair? I generously let you raid my fridge for food and make… well I’m not even sure what you want to call that.” She pointed to the sandwich Jacob was preparing, now getting taller as he stacked it up. “In fact, I’m not even sure that mess is classed as food.”

Jacob rolled his eyes.

“But that’s not the point.” She said quickly. “The point is that it’s only fair to tell me as I have been nothing but fair to you.”

Jacob shrugged. “I would have taken your food anyway. Even if you had of said no.”

“But I’m sure it will taste much nicer knowing you were given this food instead of having to steal it. Please can i know Jacob?”

He pretended to consider for a moment, placing his hand on his chin in a thoughtful gesture. “Hmmm. No.”

“You’re extremely irritating.” Sophia said.

“And you’re nosey.” Jacob stated simply.

Sophia sighed, dropping the matter. She watched him for a few minutes, as he layered slice after slice of bread, making one colossal sandwich. Every so often Jacob would look up at Sophia, locking eyes and smiling at her, causing her to look down at the floor quickly and pretend to be extremely fascinated with the wooden floorboards.

“Tah Dah!” Jacob exclaimed, presenting his towering sandwich to Sophia.

She raised an eyebrow. It honestly didn’t look very appetising.

“You not going to eat that, are you?”

“Of course I am. I admit, it’s no masterpiece but hey, its food.”

Sophia smiled at his testosterone filled attitude.

“Are you hungry?” He asked suddenly.

“No, I’m good thanks. I don’t really feel like eating.”

“You sure?” He asked, concern lacing his voice. “I’d be happy to make you something. It’s the least I could do.” He ducked slightly so he could look into her eyes.

Sophia tried not to blush at his sudden worry for her well being. Instead she glanced at the sandwich, grimacing.

Jacob followed her gaze to his meal and chuckled.

“I can do normal, you know. I can make anything you want. Grilled cheese, perhaps?”

“That’s sweet of you Jacob, but I’m really not hungry. Thank you though.”

His smiled matched Sophia’s as they stood, simply staring at each for a few seconds.

“Err…so…I guess I better eat this thing considering all the effort I put into making it.” Jacob said, picking up his plate.

“Shame to let all that food go to waste. That’s like what? Half the fridge’s contents on one plate.”

“Har, har.” Jacob said, rolling his eyes and making his way into the living room.

He plopped his self down onto the couch, getting comfy in such a way you would think it was his own house.

Sophia watched him wearily as he picked up the remote and turned on the TV, taking a large bite of his homemade sandwich, perfectly at ease.

He looked up at Sophia, his dark eyes twinkling and patted the space next to him. She knew it was completely illogical but she couldn’t prevent the anxiety gnawing at her stomach as she sat down next to him.

Jacob flicked through channels, asking if Sophia wanted to watch anything. She shook her head, telling him he could watch whatever he liked.

She fidgeted on the sofa, not comfortable with being this close to him. It wasn’t because it was Jacob. It was because he was a boy. Sophia had never really been associated with boys, never had a boyfriend let alone a friend of the opposite gender. In her old school it only took one speech when she was 14, about how dissecting any animal, dead or alive was degrading and morally wrong, to repel any attention from boys for the rest of her school life.

She couldn’t help but feel edgy in her current situation, only mere centimetres away from a boy she felt strangely and unexplainable attracted to.

He seemed to be radiating a lot of heat and Sophia wandered if he was coming down with something. She stopped herself from asking, thinking she had asked too many discomfited questions for today.

She also wanted to ask his age again, wandering if somehow Bella had made a mistake when she told her or Sophia had simply misheard. She found it hard to believe that he was only a year older than her, being 17. His shirt was clinging to his frame, his muscles prominent under the thin material. Sophia had two theories. Health freak or frequent steroid user.

She watched as he took another bite of his sandwich, his jaw clenching as he chewed, his eyes glued to the TV but a hint of a smile tugging his lips. Sophia quickly looked away, cursing herself for staring as it was likely he had sensed her.

She kept her eyes focused on the TV, shifting uncomfortably. She was desperate to simply stand up and walk away, to allow herself to breath securely.

Jacob dropped his plate down, the sudden clatter making Sophia jump. He turned to her with a smile that made her stomach skitter absurdly.

“Finished.” He declared proudly.

“That was…fast.”

He shrugged. “I’m a growing boy.”

Sophia bit back a sarcastic remark along the lines of “If you grow anymore you’ll be carted off to the circus.”

“You sure you don’t want anything to eat? I personal think I can astound you with my cooking skills.”

Sophia was about to answer when a deep voice came from the doorway, reverberating off the walls and startling her.

“Well, well, well Jacob. I’m surprised you’re still here. You’re visits aren’t usually this extensive, especially if Bella’s nowhere to be seen.”

Jacob didn’t even twitch at the sound of Charlie’s voice, unaware to Sophia that his acute werewolf hearing had picked up Charlie’s movements form upstairs a long time ago.

Jacob twisted on the sofa, facing Charlie and smiling politely.

“I thought I would stay and talk to Sophia. Get to know Bella’s little sister a bit more.”

Sophia nodded, smiling reassuringly at her dad though her continuously being referred to as “Bella’s little sister” was starting to irritate her.

“Well, that’s very nice of you lad. Where is Bella anyway?”

“She went out with Cullen.”

Charlie sighed. “I should have known. She’s always off, gallivanting round the Cullen’s house. Doesn’t even have the decency to tell her old man where she gets to anymore. She disappears without a word-” Charlie’s ramblings where cut short as the front door opened.

Bella appeared in the doorway, followed by Edward which followed aggravated grumblings from Charlie about people waltzing in and out of his house like a motel. Charlie stalked off to continue his ranting alone.

“Oh. Jacob. I thought you would of gone by now.” Bella said, entering the living room.

“Nah, I wanted to keep Sophia company.”

“Uh huh.” She glanced at Jacob, then Sophia, then back to Jacob.

“What did you guys do? Have you been alone the whole time? ” She tried to keep her tone casual, though the words were spilling out of her mouth too quick to be considered calm.

Sophia tilted her head to the side, watching her sister curiously. “You were never this weird when we lived with Mom.”

“I think Forks has that weird effect on Bella. Too much green. Gets to her head.” Jacob stated.

“She’s fine Sophia.” He turned his attention towards Bella. “How about we go into the kitchen Bella and I’ll help you prepare dinner.” Edward intervened, tactfully steering Bella away from Sophia and Jacob.

Bella nodded, shuffling off to the kitchen with Edwards arm securely round her waist.

Bella shut the door and turned to glare at Edward.

“You’re so understanding. Do you have any idea of how infuriating that is?”

Edward held up his hands in defence.

“I really think you’re over reacting Bella.”

“I didn’t want this for her. She doesn’t deserve a life like this Edward. I’ve screwed it up for her.”

“Being with Jacob will make her happier than she could ever be. Her life will be perfect because you know Jacob will make sure of it.”

“Ergh. Why do you always have to be right?”

He chuckled, encircling Bella in his arms.

“You should be happy for Sophia. And Jacob.” He murmured into her hair.

“Yeah because we all know why you’re so ecstatic for Jacob.”

Edward pulled back to search Bella’s face questionably.

She rolled her eyes. “The only reason you’re so accepting is because now Jacob will be out of our hair.”

He laughed lightly, he sound almost hypnotic. “That’s true. But I do think Jacob deserves to be happy, Bella. And I’m glad he’s found his happiness.”

“I know, I know. But would it kill you to just agree with me for once?”

Edward laughed darkly. “Sorry Bella but incase you havn't noticed, I’m already dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments and subscribers. I really do appreciate it :)
And it's good to know people enjoy this story :D
x