Status: Active (:

I Know You're Somewhere Out There

Five

I wandered around the house, gawking at everything and anything. Zacky's house was gorgeous; it was quite the upgrade to my old, alcohol filled "home".

Everything seemed so surreal. Though I was amazed, it hadn't quite settled in yet, that I was free of my father. I knew it wouldn't be that way for a while, but I knew it would eventually set in. I couldn't wait for that day.

I turned a corner and spotted Zacky on the couch, watching an episode of To Catch a Predator. I grinned and rushed over, hopping on the loveseat. "I fucking love this show!" I said excitedly. "You get 'em, Chris Hansen!"

Zacky laughed. "So, you like it here?" He inquired.

I kept my eyes glued to the television screen, but nodded to answer his question. "It hasn't settled in that I'm living here yet, though." I told him.

"I didn't think it would," he chuckled, "I don't think it's settled in for me that I have a roommate now, either."

I smiled and nodded. We both watched the show intently for about fifteen minutes, until there was a knock at the door. I immediately tensed up and looked over at Zacky, who was getting up from the spot on his couch.

"You're okay," he said, noticing my obvious fear. "It's probably one of my buddies." He added, flashing a pretty smile at me.

I nodded but kept my eyes attached to him as he strode to the door. He slowly opened it until he saw who it was, then he let the door swing open. "Matt, what the fuck are you doing here?" He chuckled.

Matt walked in and they did a man-hug thing. "Not much, Vengeance. Came to see how everything went." He answered.

He had quite the voice.

"Went smoothly. She's chillin', watchin' To Catch a Predator with me." Zacky laughed and they walked over to me.

I flashed a timid smile at the new man. Other than having a gorgeous voice, he was a big fuckin' guy. Tall and muscle-y. "Hey, Sie, this is my buddy Matt." Zacky introduced.

"Hey," I said, my voice full of apprehension.

"Nice to meet you, Sierra." Matt said kindly, flashing me a big smile.

He seemed nice enough; I just couldn't shake the feeling of fear from my head. It was going to drive me crazy. "Nice to meet you too." I managed to squeak out.

"I'm going to go get us some drinks." Zacky announced.

The two walked back into the kitchen, and I let out a relieved sigh.

"So," I said, filling a red plastic cup with Pepsi. "Thoughts?" I asked, looking over at Matt.

He shrugged. "I don't really know yet. I still think it's a shitty move on your part, but she does look fucking scared shitless. Is she always like that?" He asked.

I shook my head. "She's fine with me; when you knocked on the door she thought it was her dad or something. She's really anxious about it." I replied. "Can't say I blame her, though. He must've really fucked her up."

Matt nodded. "Poor kid." He sighed.

I nodded. "Tell me about it. Think you could come over in a couple of days and help move furniture and shit into her room?" I asked, shooting a glance his way.

"Of course, dude. When are you taking her shopping?" He asked.

"I figured either tomorrow or the next day." I answered. "I'm leaning more towards tomorrow, though. I want her to get comfortable; I know it'd be hard to without having a space to call your own." I added.

Matt nodded. "That's what I'd say, too."

I nodded subconsciously and I gave Matt his drink, then picked up my cup and Sierra's. We walked back into the living room. Sierra was still sitting on the loveseat, but her eyes were glued to the television again. I smiled at the sight.

I walked over to her and took a seat next to her. She looked over at me and smiled slightly. "I got you a drink; I hope you like Pepsi." I said with a small laugh.

She nodded and took the cup, immediately taking a long sip of it. "Thank you," she said.

I nodded. "So, Matt, where's Ange?" I asked.

Seldom was Matt away from Angie. "She's working right now," Matt answered, "which means I am a free man for the time being," he added with a chuckle.

Sierra raised an eyebrow at that. "Matt's fiancée," I explained.

She made an 'oh' face. "So, Sierra, what do you think of good ole Zack?" Matt asked with a friendly smile.

She chuckled and shrugged. "I like him."

"That's cool. He's a good guy."

"No shit," she laughed.

Matt grinned. "Yeah, you probably knew that already... I'm just trying to make conversation."

She chuckled at that. "I'm just being shy."

He nodded. "Don't worry about it."

She smiled and nodded. "I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
gahh, sorry for the long wait! D: