Status: On Hold

Situations

Rayne

I still can’t believe someone as amazing as Slayden would want to be with me. He does all these things like cleaning the apartment, cooking me dinner and helping me relax though. Those little things are what tells me that he loves me.

Sometimes I wish I could drop out of school and just be with him. Don’t get my wrong, I love school and I want to further my education. It’s just that it seems like we barely see each other anymore.

I have school all day during the week and he works at night. I only get to see him for an hour when I get home until he has to leave for work. I don’t ever voice this to him though. I don’t have a job except during summer, so that means he pays for almost everything. Saying that would make me sound like some spoiled brat.

I only have just over a month left until summer though. And once summer rolls around, I can spend more time with Slayden. To put it simply, I can’t wait for summer.

I was on my way home from school right now, but stopped when I heard someone call out my name.

“Rayne!” I looked over my shoulder to see a grinning Jenny. I smiled and opened my arms for a hug as she neared.

Jenny launched herself into my arms wrapping her small arms around my waist.

“Hey there sexy.” Jenny said in a seductive tone before leaning up to place a kiss on my cheek.

I rolled my eyes then pried myself from her tight grip. Her lip jutted out into a pout and I just laughed.

“Stop being such a party-pooper.” Jenny then hooked her arm with mine and started pulling me down the street.

“Jenny, I can’t hang out today. Slayden’s expecting me back soon.” We were walking in the direction of my apartment, but I didn’t want her to think that we were going to go somewhere else.

“How about you introduce me to him?!” Jenny exclaimed. “You’re always talking about him and how amazing he is, but we’ve never met. Do you think that’s fair? I want to meet this guy that’s got you so head over heels in love with him.” She had an expectant look on her face and I couldn’t say no to that.

“Alright.” I gave in and Jenny squealed in excitement. “But just let me call him first to let him know you’re coming over.” Jenny nodded her head in understanding and pulled me to the side of the sidewalk.

I pulled out my phone and called Slayden. It only rang once before he picked up.

“Hey babe. What’s taking you so long to get home?” Slayden asked right away. “I miss you.” I could just picture the face he was making.

“Sorry, I saw my friend Jenny on my way home and talked to her for a bit.”

“Oh.” Slayden was doing something in the background but I couldn’t quite make out what it was.

“What’re you doing?” I asked curiously.

“Trying to make dinner, but we don’t have anything to make.” I giggled at how distressed he sounded. “Hey, don’t laugh! This is a serious matter. I was going to have some amazing dinner made for you but now I can’t.” I rolled my eyes at how dramatic he was before speaking again.

“It’s alright. I can pick up something from that Chinese place.”

“Mmm. That place has the best take-out in town.” I mumbled in agreement.

“Oh, uh, I was wondering if it’s alright if Jenny came over for dinner. You two haven’t met yet and she really wants to meet you.” I explained to him.

“Rayne, I don’t control your life. You can bring over whoever you want too. It’s both of our apartments, remember?” I mumbled a yes before saying I love you and hanging up the phone.

“So is it all good?” Jenny looked up at me with a curious expression.

“Yeah. We just have to pick up some food on the way.” Jenny grinned then hooked her arm in mine once again.

“Awesome! I’m so excited to meet Slayden.” I smiled back hoping that they would get along.

***

This is the complete opposite of what I wanted to happen. Jenny and Slayden both had big personalities which didn’t seem to fit well into the same room.

To say that they clashed would be an understatement.

I tried to lighten the mood but every time I did it would backfire and the atmosphere would be tenser than it was to start with. I honestly didn’t know what to do anymore.

Slayden suddenly stood up and took all the dishes and carried them into the kitchen. I stood up and took all the extra food following after him.

“We’ll be back in a second Jenny.” She nodded her head then leaned back into the couch.

I stepped into the kitchen and put the food into containers before sticking them in the fridge.

“I don’t like her.” Slayden whispered from beside me. I sighed before rubbing circles into my temple.

“Believe me, I know.” I whispered back. “I’m pretty sure the densest person in the world could figure you two didn’t like each other.” Slayden sighed then wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’m sorry Rayne. I just get a bad vibe off of her and the way that she looks at you… It isn’t exactly how a friend would look at you.” Slayden explained, his grip on me tightening.

“Don’t be silly. Jenny and I are only friends, nothing more. I love you, not Jenny.” I can’t believe what Slayden was saying. Jenny was a great person and a great friend, but I felt nothing more towards her and I’m pretty sure she felt that same way.

“I love you too, but I still don’t trust her or exactly like her for that matter.” I sighed then tilted my head up to press a kiss to his lips.

“Alright, but I honestly don’t see why.” I said truthfully.

“I know you don’t. You always try to help people and look for the best in them. I’m glad you do though; otherwise we probably would never have gotten together. But promise me you’ll be careful around her. Please?” He asked pleadingly.

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Slayden doesn't like Jenny D:
What do you guys think of her so far?
Also, do you want me to put up her picture considering she's going to be in this for a while?

Ready Set Love
happyamanda
vae vae
EvilBunny
Write Naked
MattLuvv
- The happy train is still chugging along as of right now.