I'm All Over You, Not Over You

You Could Cure Me

I turn over in my bed and for two seconds, I’m happy. Then I hear her, stumbling around the room trying to put her clothes back on. It can’t be but 8:00, and that means we’ve only been asleep for a little under two hours.

I squint my eyes open and check the clock on my nightstand. It’s 7:43. I groan and sit all the way up, leaning my back against the headboard.

“What the fuck are you doing, Jasey?” My voice is groggy and she giggles at it, stopping her search for a moment to come and kiss me quickly.

“Getting dressed, silly.” She answers like she does every time, careless.

I sigh and watch her. She’s wearing one of my shirts, which is not surprising. Usually she steals a shirt from me and leaves me hers, for some reason I haven’t figured out yet. She’s also managed to find her panties, but her pants are completely missing.

“Why?” I croak and she freezes momentarily. Then she straightens up and runs a hand through her hair, looking frustrated.

“Let’s not start this, Alex.” She puts her hands on her hips and speaks in a motherly tone.

“Why do you have to leave?” I continue bravely and she rolls her eyes, going back to her search as she ignores me. Irritation stirs in me as I stare at her, just waiting for her eyes to link back to mine. “Why can’t you just love me back?

It’s a total outburst I didn’t mean to let out, but I’m partly glad I did. She doesn’t move or speak. She just keeps her back toward me. I lick my lips and carefully choose my next words.

“I love you Jase, and I’ll do anything for you.” The warmth of my voice seems to thaw her out and she starts moving again, but to my dismay, it’s just to snatch her pants from under my bed. “Jasey?”

“I’m not talking about this, Alex. You know how I feel about it already.” She spits out coldly and slips her pants on with ease. Then she steps out of my room. The fury takes over my body as I climb out of bed and grab a pair of boxers before following her.

“You can’t just walk away, Jasey!” I yell at her as she slides her feet into her sandals.

She turns and glares a few daggers at me. “Watch me!”

I shake my head and grind my teeth as she grabs her purse from the couch. I lose it as she starts to stalk toward the front door. “Fuck you then, Jasey! I don’t want anything to do with you.” She disappears out the front door and I slam it behind her out of rage.

My back hits the door as my hands grip clumps of my hair and my eyes close. It’s a lie. It’s a big fucking lie, and I hate that she knows that. I wish I meant it, but we both know I’ll take it back next time. Until she goes to leave.

It’s like a disease, and the only person that can cure it, won’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count :: 526
Image
xooxEmber