Status: Will try updating as soon as finish each chapter

The Emotion Controllers' Past

Chapter 6

I slowly scooted back into the shadows as I hoped that the boy named Felicidy was hiding me with his back. There was a slight tug when I felt my jacket being caught on something. Slowly, I moved my hand, being careful to not make a sound as I tried to untangle my jacket. At last, after a bit of fiddling, I got my jacket off the nail in the ground. It was not a time to be asking what the nail was doing there, so I kept my mind focused on hiding from the man’s sight.

Suddenly, the man turned his head towards me. The dark black sunglasses gleamed in the light. I could feel his eyes penetrating through the darkness and holding onto my eyesight so I wouldn’t turn away. Then, his deep voice menacingly said, “Get out. NOW.”

I could feel the other three kids eyes turn to look at me. They were not filled with pity, nor were they accusing. They were blank stares as if when the man had talked, he had also ordered for them to look at me. I slowly stood up and walked towards the door, while quivering in my shoes. There was not a single sound nor breath from the other people. I breathed a sigh of relief when he let his hold on my eyesight drop and looked at the other kids.

“All of you, NOW.” With those four words, the other kids followed my example, walking slowly towards the door. Even in the dark, I could see Madriac’s hands shaking slightly.

I heard a gasp from behind me. The man had led us to a large room, much more furnished and neater looking than the room we had been kept in before. It was very fancy like a room from a large mansion. There was a glass chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. The walls were the tint of a light brown. Couches lined a corner, with a TV between them. There was a kitchen in another corner. It had all the cooking utensils you would ever need, all of them looking brand new and terribly clean. There were also 4 beds, stacked on top of each other like a bunk bed. Near the beds was a large wardrobe, looking as if it can fit a whole car. It was elegantly carved, with beautifully decorated sides and handles. There was also a small table with a mirror propped in front of it, for us girls to put on makeup and perfume. Next to the mirror were already many types of perfumes. If it wasn’t for the fact that we were brought here by a dark man with a menacing aura, I would probably have already jumped on the couches and enjoyed my time there.

“Sit on the couches, you four,” The man commanded, “I will now explain everything to you all.”

We followed the directions as we walked towards the corner with the couches. The man went to stand in front of the television.

“At last! I have gathered you four! The past 14 years of my life, I have been researching and gathering information about all of you. Your address, your private life, your education, your birthplaces, your family history, your ancestors, EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING! Call me a stalker, call me a pedophile. It doesn’t matter for at last, I have achieved my life goal!” The man smiled evilly as he spread his arms out.

“You four emotion controllers should know what I’m talking about, right? The fact that you guys can control other people’s emotions just by your scent, what you wear, what you play, and what you cook.” We were all stunned. What was this man talking about? Controlling emotions? Is that even possible? I don’t need my life to be filled with this type of person.

“Oh, you don’t? I will first introduce myself. You are all to call me master. I am going to dominate the world!” The man shouted, his voice echoing off the walls. Oh boy, another one of those dumb jerks who actually think about dominating the world. Psh.

“And at last, I have gathered you four, I can finally achieve that goal. Horolia, you are the one that controls emotions with your music. Those piano competitions? I know you have realized by now how people react to your music. Aren’t the happy when you play a piece that’s in the Major and is at a fast pace? Aren’t they sad when you play a piece in the minor?” Horolia sat there, shocked.

“And you, Felicidy. You control people with the shirt you wear. Red is your least favorite color. It is because whenever you wear it, you make people angry. You may not realize this yourself, but you know it is true.” Felicidy also froze in his spot.

“And Madriac! Oh, your smell changes the emotions of those around you. How wonderful!” Madriac’s face turned into a look of disgust. Dang, this guy is sounding more and more like a pedophile.

“Cazarthy, I am not a pedophile.” I froze. He just read my thoughts?! “You, my dear, controls with your foods. Am I not right? Why are your burned cookies always thrown away? It’s not ONLY because they taste bad, right? Somewhere at the back of your brain tells you that you shouldn’t feed those to the ones that you care for.” My brain stopped processing his words. He was right. He was right about everything.

The man stopped talking at last and took a sheet of wrinkled brown paper from his pocket. He unfolded it to show it to us.

“The four control the people.

The one who resists has a spade.

Four will find the truth.

One will dominate.”

The man read the poem out loud. “I’m sure you’ve all heard of this? Every kid has heard of this poem since they were young. Mothers and fathers only say that this is a poem to warn kids of how the world will end when they misbehave. But no, you and I both know this. The truth is, this is a prophecy. You are the four who control. I’m the one who resist. How do I know I’m the one who resists? Because I have the mark of a resistor-”

He pulled down his shirt and showed us his shoulder. There wasn’t a tattoo nor was his shoulder too colorful. It was like a birthmark, only a darker shade of brown...... and in the shape of a spade.