Status: I'm back! Hopefully regular updates will happen...but no promises.

Broken Brain

Two.

No way I was going to the principal’s office, because then he would send me to the guidance counselor, and then he would call my parents and tell them I should be in special classes, and then it would turn into this huge argument. It was the same story every time, and I was not up for that right now.

Plus, I had to do something. I wasn’t allowed to rearrange the chairs, now the entire world was at risk. I had to do something. I quickly looked around to see what I could fix to save the world. Nothing. I hurried down the hall. There had to be something sitting around, but at every turn I got the same results.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate again. The world! I was going to ruin the world! If I didn’t fix something soon the world would be ruined and it would be all my fault!

Then, in the distance, I heard the roar of the cafeteria. Of course! There were tons of things I could fix in there! The world was going to be okay!

I rushed down the hall and into the large, open room. I looked around. The lunch ladies were putting food out for the next lunch. I walked over to the counter and grabbed a pair of gloves. The lunch ladies knew me by now and didn’t mind me fixing things, as long as I wore gloves. I started putting the food in groups, first in smaller groups by individual type, like bowls of sliced peaches or bags of carrots, then into larger collections, like fruits or vegetables. When I was satisfied with my work, I took off my gloves, threw them out, and let out a relieved sigh. The world was safe again.

The lunch ladies stared at me. This happened a lot, so they didn’t bother asking any questions. They just accepted that I had done part of their job for them.

There was still a lot of time left in this period, and I couldn’t go back to class or to the principal, it wasn’t worth staying in this lunch because Mina (my best and pretty much only friend) wasn’t in it. I didn’t even need to fix anything. I wasn’t exactly sure what to do with myself.

I decided I would just wander the halls. Explore, have adventures, be a ninja, and other fun things of that nature.

I grabbed my bag and snuck out of the lunchroom (I had to sneak past teachers; nobody’s supposed to leave lunch early, and I wasn’t even supposed to be there in the first place. Aren’t I such a rebel?)

I snuck down a few abandoned hallways, the ones that most people didn’t even know about. I figured that was the safest. I did a few fun things like quietly tap on the xylophones stored in the halls and rifle through metal cabinets full of useless junk.

I rounded the corner, and found myself back near my history classroom, and saw something perfectly fantastic.

No Name Hawthorn heading toward the boy’s bathroom.

Can you say “perfect timing”? Good thing I organized all that food.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter's going to be really good, I promise! (Or, at least, I hope you all will agree...) I think I'll probably roll with this for a little longer. I think I've got some sense of direction now.
Thoughts so far?