Status: active

Adored..

Broken,beat and scarred, but we die hard.

Her eyes opened slowly, letting her brown orbs adjust to the annoying light seeping through the baby blue curtains. A small,warm body was cuddled against her side, tiny arms wrapped around her neck, the soft breath tickling her. She swallowed a giggle at the sight of her best friend`s beautiful son and stretched her arms in the air, careful not to wake up the little angel sleeping next to her. The little boy stirred in his sleep, murmuring something under his breath, making her freeze for a moment, afraid that she`d woken him up.

After hearing him snort a little, she calmed down and carefully unwrapped his arms around her neck and slid out of bed, placing a light kiss on his forehead. She tiptoed towards the door, cussing lowly when the door creaked. After she closed the door, she frowned and ran down the stairs to see what the smell invading her nostrils was. It could not be Bridgett cooking. She was her best friend, but that girl couldn`t cook to save her life. One time she tried to make dinner for the three of them. That did not end well.

She made her way into the kitchen and was surprised when she saw her mother cooking breakfast on the stove and Bridgett sitting on the counter, sipping from her cup of coffee. Her eyes watered at the sight of her mother, Maria, which she hasn`t seen in months. She had missed her so much, even tough they talked regularly on the phone. A few tears escaped her eyes and she raised her hand to wipe them away, hissing loudly when she felt pain shoot through her bruised cheek. The sound made her mother`s and Bridgett`s head snap around and look at her.

Her mother let her fork drop on the tiled floor and ran to her daughter, hugging the life out of her, sobbing from time to time.
"I missed you mom ", Rory said, her voice heavy from crying. They broke apart from the hug and held each other at arm`s distance, wiping away tears.
Maria opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out except for a few sobs. She hated seeing her only daughter like this - bruised and beaten. If she could, she would tear the man apart limb by limb.

"Look at what that fucker did to you", her mother hissed, fury evident in her tone of voice, wiping Rory`s eyes with her thumbs. Rory shook her head and smiled at her mother`s choice of words. Her mother was a good woman, she was sweet and caring , but when you messed with the people she loved, she was scary. Well as scary as a 42 year old woman could be.
"That doesn`t matter now, mom. He`s not gonna hurt me anymore ", Rory said, trying to comfort her mom and herself.

He wasn`t going to hurt her anymore. He was in jail now and not coming out too soon. No one ever will, she swore herself the night she managed to get away from the monster she loved. Yes, she was bruised and had a broken heart, but her heart also held a lot of anger and hatred.
She was not going to be put through hell and back never again, she promised to herself, as she wiped away the remainings of her tears, a small,reassuring smile forming on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is like a prologue
comment,subscribe and tell me what do you think:D