Status: read & comment for more(:

Recycling Love

Jasmine.

I have to found out who that boy was. There's no stopping me this time. Oh, lord.

After school Grace and I walked slower than usual.
"Go, nobody's looking." I followed Grace's orders and started walking towards the trashcan. But my gaze was to the ground. A few feet before I stopped I noticed a boy standing at the trashcan.
The boy looked familiar.
I looked the opposite direction, begging to be unnoticed.
I hurriedly turned back around and started walking to Grace.
We both looked away. We didn't want the boy to see us waiting.

"Dude, Daniel. What are you doing?" Sammuel asked.
"Sam, my man. Why do you always catch me thorwing trash away?"
"What kind of kids throw away trash anyway?"
"Why won't you let me throw it away, it's just sitting here."
Sammuel rolled his eyes and took the bottle from Daniel's hand.
"Watch closely," Sammuel stated. Daniel watched him remove the note from the bottle and replace it.

"Is it clear?" I asked. Grace smoothly flipped her hair and glanced at the trashcan. She then looked at me with big eyes.
"Yeah."
I took a deep breath and then courageously walked to the bottle.

A note? I wanted to jump up and down. I wanted to scream. I was just extremely happy as you could tell.

"It worked?" Grace sounded almost as surprised as I was.
I didn't reply, I just read the letter as fast as I could. I absorbed every sentence. I smiled with every little word.

Dear J,
Well, I was happy with your long greeting. Very personable. Also, I did recycle the bottle. Great tip. I thought I was the only one who recycled around here. Grace, I think I know her. She's pretty known around here. Supersmart? I'll take your word on it. And no, this isn't pathetic at all. It's actually a brilliant plan. You have to reply back, I took time to write this letter.

- Your new penpal.

P.S. I recycled. (:


"Grace," I said as I grabbed her wrist.
"What?" She glimpsed down at the letter.
"Who was that boy? He looks familiar."
"I think his name's Daniel."
"Daniel," I whispered to myself.