Status: Please comment and subscribe. Recommend it to your friends. Anything would be lovely!

Slipping Through My Fingers

Prologue

Prologue

"I've never been the best man for you, but my love is true. You have to know that," Duke whispered, and his eyes sparkled in a way she'd never seen before. "Please don't leave me."

"Duke," his name came out strangled and unnatural. Grace choked, and began coughing. She covered her mouth, and when she pulled her hand back, her eyes took in the blood spatter with sad realization. This was it, her last moments in this life.

The sparkle in Duke's eyes turned into tears, and Grace desperately wanted to make them stop, but she couldn't feel her fingers anymore. Duke pressed his lips to her's, one last time, before pulling her to him, holding her tight.

"I'll." she started. Cough "Come." Cough "Back. Cough "Like." Cough "The." Cough Cough "Stories." She finished, before her body was overwhelmed with a hacking cough.

Duke looked down at his only love, his heart breaking. He watched as she took one last breath, before letting her eyes fall shut. He felt Grace's soul leave her body, and cried out, pain and agony filling the empty forest around him.

She was gone, and his soul was no more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try and get the first chapter out soon. Please comment if you like. Or give me advice if you don't.