‹ Prequel: dead wrong

The Aftermath

Escape

Sitting in my room, i heard the others having fun... well... as much fun as one can have in a mental institution.
They won't let me out until the others go outside... I'm "too dangerous".... "too unstable"...
They rarely allow me and him to be near each other...
he gets the same treatments as i do.
Everything got quiet... they were going outside.... finally... locked in... fenced in... but outside nonetheless...
They opened my door, put chains on my ankles so i can't run, and let me out of my straight jacket.
i walked around, then saw the let him out too.... it was so nice to see my fiancées face again.
i ran to him and kissed him.
"i missed you!" i whispered, excited.
"i missed you too, babe." he said, then he whispered "i've got a plan."
"to escape?" i asked.
he nodded. i smiled and kissed him again.
Most of the guards were outside keeping the other patients under control.
we knew every inch of this hospital and our guards wouldn't worry if we would disappear for a while.
they guarded only the obvious exits.
he brought me back to his room and showed me that he could remove the bars from his window, he picked me up and helped me out, then i helped pull him out as well.
we ran to the back, which was never guarded.
climbing the fence i had the thought that they really should make it harder to escape... since the guard dogs "mysteriously" died last week...
we got out, ran to the forest, found his car, and drove off.
it took a while, but i got my chains off.
"where are we going?" i asked him.
"anywhere that isn't here." he said, speeding up.
we smiled and embraced our newfound freedom.
maybe now it'll last.... maybe...