Status: Re-vamping the story. So there may be a few changes in the previous chapters.

Don't Stop Believing

Chapter Six: Don't Hurt Me, Too Much

"Michael?" I tried the name out and decided that it suited him very well.

He nodded and then turned his gaze to the dirt floor as I continued to study him from where I was at across the room from him.

For the first time I noticed that not only was he covered in bruises but also cuts, both old and new. I also saw that he was shivering, wither it was from the coldness of the room or his fear of me, I am not quite sure. After a minute I figured it must be from a mixture of the two. I found it quite chilly in basement and I had a shirt and pants on while all he had were boxers.

I picked up the old blanket at me feet and started to approach him. The blanket was gray and worn very thin. I think it could have been a very warm wool blanket at some point but now it was worn so thin and it was very dirty. I did my best to dust the dirt and dust off of it before I got to him.

Hearing my footsteps the boy started to whimper and curled up into an even tighter ball on the bottom step.

"Please M-iss, I am s-s-sorry to have d-dis-displeased you. J-j-just p-please don't h-hurt me, t-too much." He begged of me.

Hearing such words coming from a human being broke my heart and I couldn't take it any longer. I sat down on the bottom step beside the boy and wrapped the blanket tightly around him with the hopes that it would at least calm his violent shivering the tiniest bit.

He looked up at me with with confusion.

"I thought you might be cold seeing that all you are wearing is boxers." I told him with a smile.

"Why a-are you b-b-being so n-nice to me?" He asked me with tears in his eyes.

"Shhh, Michael, it's okay. Just calm down a bit and we can talk, okay?" I told him ignoring his question altogether.

He nodded and I sat down beside him. Maybe now we could get somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is so short and that I did not finish it on September 5th. Please don't hate me. I am hoping to make it pick up a bit in the next chapter.

Please comment and subscribe.