Status: Hiatus (:

She Had The Most Amazing Smile

So Embarrassing

"Yeah, I like it here. Huntington Beach is definitely different. What? No, mama! I haven't even had time to meet boys! Alright, I'll visit her. I love you, too. Bye." Ginger shuts her phone off.

The brunette heaves a sigh seeing as one short phone call with her mother can leave her exhausted. She looks around her new apartment and smiles. There were still some boxes in her trunk downstairs but her place looks great so far. She makes her way to her simple little Mini Cooper and grabs her purse and the two boxes labeled Bedroom. She barely manages to close her trunk and gets to the elevator. The first thing to catch her attention is a pair of bright green eyes. They entrance her too harshly that they cause her to drop her keys.

She awkwardly tries to pick them up while still carrying the boxes when the green eyed distraction grabs them for her. He hooks the keyring on her finger and smiles gently toward her. They both get out on the same floor and walk the same way, only he stops at the apartment room number next to hers.

"Are you sure you've got it?" He asks.

This guy has ear gauges, snakebites, and a septum piercing, all being the most she's seen on a guy in real life. Since she's from parts where they have limited facial piercings, she is surprised by the amount of metal just on his face. Not to mention the two sleeves of tattoos. Mama would so not approve.

The words just can't escape her so she nods and he walks in through his door. She fiddles with the keys until they drop again. She groans, bumping her forehead against the wooden door purposefully. Anyone can nearly hear the thoughts in her head that scream, "Fuck my life" until her new neighbor opens the door. Out walks Green Eyes and he smirks in her direction.

"Apparently you need more help then you thought." He smugly says.

He selects the correct key and slips it in the hole. He twists her door knob and pushes it open. He makes the "Ta da!" pose and she smiles, thanking him. He watches her settle in and disappears without a proper thank you. Ginger looks around for him but she can only presume he went to his own place. She decides to take her boxes to her room and unpack.

*

"Zack, where the fuck did you put my stupid apron?" Matt growls.

Standing at six foot one, Matt Sanders towers over his five foot eight roommate, Zack Baker. He scrounges around their shared apartment, tearing nearly everything to shreds. Zack reclines on the chair, a beer can in one hand, the remote in the other. Flipping through channels, Zack chuckles as his best friend goes apeshit looking for the stupid material he needs to wear at work.

"Shut the fuck up, Baker. I don't see you lifting your fat ass off my fucking chair to help me look." Matt looks over to his friend and grins. "I mean that literally. Sometimes we don't even make it to my room."

Zack rips his body off the leather and shudders. He puts his can and the remote down on the coffee table and lifts newspapers and random objects around just to find Matt's Express apron. His friend works for the convenience store down the street and would be late and in trouble if he didn't leave with his apron soon.

Matt squeals with delight when he uncovers it in the crook of their sofa. "Found it."

He puts on his aviators, checks for his wallet and car keys in his pocket and salutes Zack. He leaves his lazy friend back in the apartment to get ready for a painfully boring 6 hour shift.

*

Ginger plugs her laptop in its charger and boots up the screen. She accesses her E-mail and learns she has two new ones, one from a friend from high school, the other from her older sister.

She isn't telling the complete truth when she says he's a friend from high school. In truth, they were more like fuck buddies. Anywhere and everywhere: the car, the nook in the library, the janitor's closet, you name it. Ocean View High School was never the same after. Ever since graduation, she promised herself to stick with one guy in one relationship and commit. If things didn't work out, she wouldn't rely on FTF relationships.

She read in his E-mail that he lives in Huntington also and that they should meet up and not for sex, unless she wanted to. As much as she'd love to keep her sobriety, she would love to feel his body above hers just for old time's sake.

She responds, I'll think about it. ;)

The idea of sex stirs her insides and intrigues her. She shuffles things around in her box and uncovers her best friend for the past two months: her vibrator. She turns it on with a grin and slides things off her bed, stripping herself to get the utmost comfort of privacy.

She presses it to her soft spot and moans happily. She cranes her neck and shuts her eyes as it pleasures her like how she's been handling during her two months of singlehood. Two months since an electronic device replaced the hands, lips, and length of a man.

Just as she nearly reaches her climax, the vibrator stops. "What the fuck!?"

She tries to turn it on then off and tosses it to her wall. She feels herself slowly die down, her lower regions aching for someone to touch her. Strangely, her mind wanders to the green eyed male next door. The curves of her lips rise but instantly fall. What if he has a girlfriend? She refused to be a home wrecker. What if he's gay? Then he'd definitely wouldn't want to help her out.

She groans and picks up her vibrator. She checks it and finds out it's battery operated. Fuck.

If there's one thing she hates it is replacing batteries. She didn't even know which it would take. She could go to the small convenience store down the street. What if she had to ask the manager? So embarrassing.

But then again, it's only a battery. How many different battery types could there be?

*

Ginger looks up at all the brands and sizes of batteries. She looks from her vibrator to the rack and then back to her vibrator. Screw that, she'd rather just get a new one that is simple. She stuffs her vibrator in her pocket just as a worker comes around.

He has a built frame and piercing hazel eyes with one lip ring. He, much like Green Eyes, has sleeves full of ink and it fits his persona well. The faded pink apron with the word "Matt" scrawled on it wasn't so much his thing. But he definitely made it look a lot more appealing than on its own.

"Excuse me, did you just pocket something?" He asks her.

Her eyes go wide. She's never been accused of stealing. "No, it was just my...uh...yeah..."

He narrows his eyes at her. He doesn't believe her. There have been a lot of normal robberies at a convenience store, Matt understood that well. But it was a rarity to see a woman steal anything other than something sexual.

He holds out his hand.

"Well let's see it, then." He tells her.

She bites her lip. So embarrassing...

She thinks about just running past him and leaving but it'll look worse. She hasn't even done anything wrong, unless you consider looking at batteries for her vibrator wrong. She releases a sigh.

She pulls out her vibrator and once he matches eye contact with it, his face turns bright red.

"Uh, sorry, ma'am. I -I didn't think...well..." He coughs. He scratches the back of his shaven head. "Can I make it up to you?"

His question brought her to surprise. He is definitely good looking, that's not the issue. But the fact that he asked her on her first day to some sort of making it up, she is appalled.

"Uh, oh, wow. I couldn't. It's no big deal." She mutters.

She's embarrassed that he learned of her vibrator and asks to make it up. He's embarrassed that she had a vibrator and it wasn't a store item and that he wants to ask her out..

"It's pretty terrible of me to not. Let's go out to this casual restaurant. Do you like Chinese food?" He asks.

She smiles and nods slightly.

Little did Ginger MacFadden know, she just met the two boys that will turn her life into a series of quarrels, orgasms, and utmost confusion. How will she fair?
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best first chapter but bear with me! Hopefully it'll get way better. This is just a major introduction to the characters and how they meet.

Thank you!
x.Kris.x; Meganator; xxbrittxxx

Posted: September 8th 2010