They're Gonna Eat Me Alive

Change

“Why didn’t you tell me that he was here?” Brendon whispered angrily, questioning Pete.

“He didn’t want me to,” Pete answered back just as quietly. Ryan was still sleeping and he didn’t want to wake him up because Pete knew that he didn’t want to talk to Brendon yet. “I think you should leave.”

“You’re unbelievable,” Brendon said. “I’m trying to work things out with him, but you won’t let me. I thought you wanted him to be happy.”

“I do,” he said back. “But I’m not going to force him to talk to you if he doesn’t want to. He’ll talk to you when he’s ready.”

Brendon still looked angry.

“You can’t protect him forever,” he said, backing through the open door of the apartment. “He’s going to have to talk to me eventually.”

“I know and he will,” Pete said. “Just not now.”

“Whatever,” Brendon said. He walked away and Pete sighed once the door was shut. Pete knew he was more in the middle of this whole thing than he wanted to be, but no matter what he would stay by Ryan’s side as long as he needed him.

“Pete,” said Ryan suddenly from behind him. Pete turned to look at him.

“I didn’t know you were up,” Pete said quietly.

“Was that Brendon who just left?” he asked. Pete nodded his head.

“Thank you for getting him to leave,” Ryan said. “I know he’s mad at you, but I’m just not ready to talk to him yet.”

“It’s no problem,” Pete said. “Do you want to go get some breakfast?”

“Sure,” Ryan said. “Let me just get dressed.”

Pete watched as Ryan retreated back to the bedroom to get changed. He could already see that Ryan was starting to be more himself again. He knew that before anyone knew it, Ryan would be ready to talk to Brendon. He just hoped things went smoothly—for both of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm probably going to end this soon. There will either be 1 more chapter, or a few more. I have no idea yet.

Anyways, thanks to the following for commenting:

summerlin
GreenUmbrellaTree
ColorMeBright


Comments are appreciated!

~Sally