They're Gonna Eat Me Alive

Urges

They were pressed together in what could only be described as a tangled, sweaty mess. The tour had ended just a little over an hour ago and the moment they had set foot into the hotel room they would be staying in for the night, Brendon had pretty much attacked Ryan, pressing his body firmly against Ryan’s as he slammed him into the wall nearest them.

Later, they were lying in bed together, their breathing normal again. They were both on the edge of sleep. Ryan couldn’t help but notice how content and happy he felt in that moment. He had never felt this way before. He felt like nothing could ever go wrong, that he could do anything. Ryan knew that he was having these feelings because of Brendon.

They weren’t actually together, but they spent a lot of time with each other. They talked and had actual conversations—it wasn’t just a physical relationship that they shared. The others knew that Brendon and Ryan were together in a more intimate way when they weren’t looking, but they didn’t say anything.

Ryan backed away from the edge of sleep, opening his eyes to look at Brendon. He could hear Brendon’s breathing slowing down and he knew that he was almost asleep. Ryan could feel a familiar urge inside of him, though this urge wasn’t to kiss Brendon.

“Brendon,” Ryan whispered.

“Hmm,” Brendon hummed, not opening his eyes.

“Can I ask you something?” Ryan asked. Brendon opened his eyes slightly to look at him.

“What is it?” he mumbled. Ryan hesitated a moment. He was always hesitating.

“Have you ever been in love?” he finally asked. Ryan watched Brendon closely, waiting for his answer.

“No,” Brendon finally answered quietly. Ryan was silent, not knowing what to say, if there was anything to say. Brendon was watching Ryan carefully. He wasn’t sure how Ryan was going to react.

“Ok,” Ryan finally said quietly.

“Let’s go to sleep now,” Brendon said quietly, pulling Ryan closer to him. “We get to go home tomorrow and I want to at least look like I slept.”

Ryan couldn’t sleep this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated.

~Sally