Status: In The works. First chapter will be up soon.

Don't Be Afraid

Promises

Sophie hadn’t slept much the night before she’d rolled around with nightmares running through her head. Unlike most three year olds she didn’t run to her father she just lay in bed by herself and cried because she was afraid of getting in trouble if she did.

“Sophie?” Zacky’s voice came out a little worn and tired as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes standing in his little girl’s bed room door he looked over at her. She rolled over on the bed so she was facing the door way, her green eyes searching the room for a moment before she finally let them rest on her father.

“Daddy?” She mimicked as she sat up on the bed hugging her stuffed dog to her chest and pulling her knees up against the stuffed dog. Zacky smiled gently as he walked over and sat down next to her.

“The man that’s going to help me take you away from mommy is going to be here soon” He spoke softly as he gently reached over and touched his daughter’s angelic face. There was just something about her that just seemed too fragile to survive in the shitty world they lived in. Sophie looked at him for a few moments leaning her head into his touch.

“Otay” she mumbled into her stuffed animal not really wanting to move or talk to anyone. She just wanted her uncle’s…she wanted to play and eat ice cream, she didn’t want to talk about her mommy.

“Sophie…” he paused trying to think how to approach the situation carefully. “I know about what happened…no one told me I just…I peeked when you were in the bath.” His voice was slow and cautious as he looked over at the toddler for any kind of reaction.

“Daddy mad?” She asked softly tears starting to well up in her eyes as she looked at him pulling her face away from her stuffed dog. Zacky smiled gently as he picked her up and placed her in his lap sliding his index finger under her chin placing his thumb lightly against her small chin.

“Baby girl, I would never be mad at you for something like that.” He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to the top of the little one’s head. “If something like that ever happens again I want you to tell me right away ok? Daddy will make sure you never get hurt again.” He promised knowing all too well that it was nearly impossible for him to promise that.

“Otay Daddy” She spoke up quietly pressing her face against his chest. The rhythm guitarist ran his fingers through the little girl’s curls, feeling like everything would work out in time.

“Come on baby girl, you are going to talk to the nice lawyer man and then uncle Jimmy and Uncle Brian are going to take you out.” Zacky stood off the bed adjusting his daughter so she rested on his hip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers block sucks I have a few more chapters written up But I'm stuck at one point.