Status: In The works. First chapter will be up soon.

Don't Be Afraid

Short

“Let go of me!” Zacky growled ripping himself away from his friend; the anger coursing through him felt like it had completely taken his body over. He felt like he needed to kill someone or something. Seeing the bruises on his precious baby girl was something Zacky just couldn’t handle.

“Baby,” Gena’s voice came out quietly as she maintained her own anger walking over to her distressed boyfriend. “Stop, Sophie is going to hear you and think she did something wrong.” She was speaking firmly to Zacky because there was no other way to get him to listen.

“Gena! You saw those bruises!” Zacky nearly exploded but Gena did nothing but nod her head. “How can you be so calm!?” His voice let on just how distressed he was. Gena walked over and took his face into her hands.

“Look at me Zacky,” She forced him to look her in the eyes. “I’m calm because I have to be right now, if I don’t stay calm that little girl upstairs is going to come unglued and blame herself.” She leaned up and pressed a gentle kiss to Zacky’s lips. “You need to calm down, I want to kill Dianne as much as you do right now. At the same time though, our daughter needs us.”

Everything that she was saying made sense in Zacky’s head. Even though he felt blinded by rage he knew that Sophie really needed him to be level headed and not angry about what he wasn’t even supposed to see. He felt his limbs relax as he wrapped his arms around Gena; she smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips.

“Val’s getting her dressed now. When she gets down here I want you to act normal, all of you.” Michelle announced as she came down the stairs wearing the same expression many of the other members in the house were. Frustration, pain, anger, flowed through all of them at that moment but they all had to push it aside.

“I don’t understand any of this,” Brian spoke up from where he was sitting. He was just as pissed as everyone else in the room but he wasn’t really sure what to do with his anger. He had the overwhelming urge to go get shit faced.

“None of us do Brian.” Gena countered looking at the guitarist and letting out a heavy sigh before shaking her head looking toward the stairs as Val came down them. Behind Val Sophie followed dragging her stuffed puppy in one hand and her blanket in the other hand.