Come Back

Rewind - Olivia

Beeping. That was the first thing I heard. I listened closely and heard doors opening and closing, wheels being pushed around, people talking. I exhaled getting frustrated that my eyes wouldn’t let me see what was happening. The last thing I remember seeing was…. A boy crying… Why was he crying? Searching through my mind, I tried remembering anything that could help me. I saw that mask. His hoarse voice trapped in my head. The way he--- NO! I don’t want to remember. I don’t want to remember….

My eyes shot open and I observed my surroundings. I lay in a hospital bed; the beeping came from the monitor standing next to me acting like my protector. The room… My room had been invaded by dozens of different flowers sending their beautiful scents throughout my room. Some balloons floated above hitting the ceiling, others planted firmly on the ground. Cards lined up on the table at the end of the room.

Slowly, I tried my best to sit up straight on my bed. My body aching and cracking as if I haven’t moved in years. Feeling a bit dizzy, I quickly hurried over to a bag near the bathroom to find some clothes. Before I could faint from the dizziness I got into the unfamiliar bathroom. In the mirror I stood there starring at an unfamiliar figure. She was so thin, her hair chaotic, flying all over the place. Her body had purple and blue spots on her shoulders, arms, legs, and stomach. Olivia watched as the girl touched a purple blob on her shoulder and flinched from the pain. Shocked by the sight, finally understanding that horrible shaken up girl was no one other than herself.

Disgusted by the sight she stepped into the shower and washed away the filth on her body. After scrubbing her body and hair five times or so, she stepped out and dried herself off. Grabbing a toothbrush she brushed her teeth ‘til they squeaked in delight. She changed into the floral outfit she found in the bag. Beautiful familiar brown curls bounced down to her mid back. She twirled around looking in the mirror at the Olivia she remembered. The Olivia with hair that shined in the sun light, with her skin that seemed flawless, topped off with her smile that brightened up everyone’s day. Satisfied with the dramatic before and after change she slipped on the matching ballet sandals she also found in the bag.

Warm steam followed her out of the bathroom making her forget she was in a hospital. Something is missing. Digging into the bag she wrapped her fingers around a key necklace. With a slight smile she placed it around her neck.

“Mmm Olivia…” I twirled around to face a boy lying on a couch in far corner of her room.

I didn’t know anyone else was here up until now. Slowly, I opened the door making sure not to wake him. After a nice long chat with a nurse and a few doctors they said I was free to go. Happily, I skipped back into my room but skidded to a stop to quietly enter the room. He was still asleep on the couch I watched in ‘awe’ as he squirmed around calling out my name. I kneeled in front of where he fell asleep and not really caring what he would think I ran my fingers through his hair. I let out a giggle when he smiled and his eyes fluttered open revealing soft hazel eyes. For a few more moments I ran my fingers through his hair before taking a step back to give him some room.

“Hello,”

“Olivia?” he asked, still a bit groggy from his sleep.

“Yes, that’s my name.” I rocked back and forth in amusement.

“Do you know who I am?.... Jason Wilson.”

“I'm sorry Jason, I don't. Are you my brother?”

I saw the hurt in his eyes as I spoke. “Oh I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-Da !! :)

Comment; Subscribe; & keep on reading

So what do you guys think ''/ ?

-Thank you for everyone that takes the time to read <3