Status: Hiatus

Tainted Love

Tainted Love

It was pouring rain and her father was yelling at her again. Probably because she was more of a rebel and they wanted Laiya to be more like her brother, the “A”-student. But Laiya didn't care, it was her life.

One day the yelling became out of control. Laiya stormed up the stairs to her bedroom still yelling at her parents, "If you don't leave me alone I'll run away, but you probably wouldn't care if I did. All you care about is... is my stupid brother" she screamed through clenched teeth.

"You get back down here this instant or you won't be able to do anything for the rest of your days. No more parties, no more late nights! You'll stay home with your mother and I. Why can’t you be more like your perfect brother!" her father yelled, "Laiya get down here now! If you don’t I'll take all of your crap out of that room and you can live in the basement . You're lucky you're not down there now!" he screamed back barreling up the stairs after her.

"Don't even think of closing that door!" her mother now joined in the screaming as Laiya slammed the door to shut it.

"Don't you dare you little monster!" her father roared flying up the stairs. With tears streaming down her face, she quickly shut her bedroom door and pushed her desk in front of it. She knew in a matter of seconds her father would be pounding the door trying to get a hold of her and wring her neck like he did so many other nights. She had finally learned to use something to block his pathway into her room. Luckily, she had already packed a bag of things she would desperately need for the long trip ahead of her. She knew this day would inevitably come.

She could hear her father throwing himself against the door trying to open it. She opened the window, grabbed her bag and some last minute items like her teddy bear and a jacket and threw them out on to the lawn. With a loud bang and crash she saw the look of pure rage and hatred on her fathers face coming in through the new splintered hole in her door. Although she was scared to jump out a second story window, she was even more terrified of what she would suffer at the hands of her so-called-father.

"Don’t you even think of jumping out that window." her red-faced father huffed, now out of control. "If you do you can expect to be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life." he threatened.

She took one last look around at her beautiful room which was decorated with all of the many pictures she had taken, then took a deep breath and jumped. 'Oh my God, what I am doing' was all that was going through her head. When she hit the ground with a thud she had thought that she had broken all of her bones or that she had died because she couldn’t feel any of her limbs anymore.

"Ow!" she screamed. That was when she heard a single gunfire. The sound was incredibly loud and sounded deadly "Oh shit I’m so dead now" she whispered, "where do I go, where do I go now?"

“If you don’t get back in this house right now I’m going to shoot and this time I guarantee I wont miss. I’m going to make you suffer for all this misery you’ve put me and Susan through the last thirteen years!” he roared.

Upon realizing her father’s seriousness in his threats, Laiya picked herself up off of the ground and quickly dodged her way behind a neighboring house. She watched her father peer out the window for her, watching for any movement of her. Eventually she saw her father give up his search and exit her old room. She knew it was finally safe to come out of hiding. She reached into her pockets for the money she had stolen earlier out of her parent’s wallets. The first thing she would do is buy a one way ticket out of the country and get away from everyone. To start over new. Maybe even change her name.

She waited at the bus stop in the dark with only a few others. Gazing down the street she could just make out the little dots that were the buses headlights in the distance. After finding a seat at the back she let her eyes droop and fell into a peaceful sleep, dreaming of her new life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i re did/ re edited most of the story, now making it into a one shot..
if i ever get more time (or inspiration!) i'll proabbly continue with the longer story of it
(just continue off of this point)
comments? =)