My Way Home Is Through You

Four

I took a quick shower and got dressed--going through at least three outfits before I found something comfortable. I turned slowly and considered how I would wake up Klondike and Savana. Screaming didn't work-- ever-- so I decided I would jump onto the middle of the bed.

Savana rolled out of bed and onto the floor. "That wasn't nice, Lizz. You could've just told me to get up and get a shower." She stood and dusted herself off. "Did you know that Cameron has your number?"

I glared at her. "You didn't," I hissed as two arms snaked around my waist.

"I didn't. Klondike did," Savana smirked.

I turned my attention to Klondike. "I'll kill you," I said, slapping his arms off me.

He chuckled. "You love me." He was right. I did love him. As a friend. As my best friend's younger brother. Not to mention he was god damn hansom.

"Not right now," I said, crawling over to Savana's side of the bed and jumping off as she claimed the bathroom. "I'm gonna go find everybody and make sure they're up." I grabbed one of the cards and left the room. I looked down the hallway. "Hmm... I should've asked what room they were staying in..."

The door across from me opened and I ducked, hiding my face. "Are you sure that crash didn't affect you?" I looked up slowly to see Zach.

I stood, eying him cautiously. "Happens all the time. I really just need to buy a helmet." I nodded to myself. "Do you have any clue where the rest of my band is staying?"

He chuckled. "The room next to yours." He pointed to the door to my right.

I smiled widely. "Thanks! I probably would've knocked on every single door if it weren't for you!" The door opened behind Zach and Cameron came out.

"When are we leaving again?" he asked. He flashed a smile at me. "Hi, Lizz."

I blushed. "I didn't do it!" I yelled before I started knocking on the door. It opened and Ryley glared at me.

"Some people need more than three hours of sleep a day, Lizz," she said. I rushed into the room and closed the door behind myself. She raised an eyebrow. "What was that about?"

"I'm hiding," I said before I dropped to the floor and crawled under the first bed that Kylie was sleeping on.

There was a knock on the door. "Lizz, I'm gonna kill you," Ryley sighed. I watched from the safely of under the bed as she opened the door. "Hey, Cameron." She looked towards me. "Lizz, I think it's for you."

He looked confused. "Where is she?"

Ryley snorted. "Under the bed." He nodded and walked over, dropping onto the floor and pulling up the blanket.

"We were wondering if you and Savana wanted to ride with us today?" he said smiling.

"You know, most people don't look under the bed when they ask if somebody wants to ride in their van...." I pointed out, pursing my lips. "Sure, I'll ride with you guys."

"What about Savana?"

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm not going to decide for her." I crawled forward. "I'm going to go ask her now, if you'll excuse me." He didn't move and that was the easiest way out from under the bed. I stared at him patiently.

I didn't really notice before, but he had really pretty eyes. He was really cute in general. "Is Lizz under the bed?" Kylie asked.

"Yup," Ryley answered.

"Are you going to move?" I asked, studying Cameron: his face shape, the way his eyebrows arched, his pink lips, the way his eyes shined with some emotion I couldn't even begin to comprehend, the way his hair covered his forehead.

He raised an eyebrow. "What do I get out of this?" So that's how it was going to be. I raised an eyebrow as he continued to watch me.

"If you don't move, nothing," I said with a smirk. He pouted, but moved. I crawled out slowly and then stood. "Would you mind accompanying me to go as my dearest, darling Savana if she would join us today?" I held out my arm and smiled innocently as I held my breath. I was really hoping he would say no.

"Sure," he said, linking his arm through mine.

"Freaks," Kylie muttered as we started to leave the room. Cameron opened the door for me and followed me into the next room. Savana was on the edge of the bed, tugging on one of her black boots.

She looked up once she had them both on. "Morning. Hi Cameron." She got up and walked over to the mirror, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Hi Savana," he answered. I looked up at him, wondering if he was going to ask or if I had to. "We were wondering if you wanted to ride in our van today. I mean, it's only like four hours away..."

She shrugged. "Sure."

I let go of Cameron and went to throw my clothes into my bag. "We'll take our stuff to our van and then we'll be ready," I said. Savana did the same as Klondike came out of the bathroom. "Klondike! We're leaving soon."

"We are?" he asked. I turned to see him with a towel around his shoulders. I could never get over the fact that he was so perfectly tan and he didn't wear a shirt whenever we were in hotels. I watched as a few drops of water ran down his chest, stopping only when they reached the top of his skinny jeans.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "Yeah. Savana and I are going with A-Dub."

I zipped the bag and threw it over my shoulder. "We'll be back in a few minutes." Savana and I left the room quickly, scurrying to the elevator.

"Cameron likes you," she said, bluntly, when we were almost to the lobby.

I snorted. "He does not. I've only known the guy for a day."

She shrugged. "A day was long enough for you to fall for Garrett," she said in a tone I couldn't disagree with. The doors opened and she left the elevator. I followed behind her.

"That's different," I protested as I grabbed my key. I unlocked the door and we threw our stuff in. I grabbed my headphones and put them around my neck as Savana grabbed her book.

She raised an eyebrow. "How so?" I closed and locked the door again and we started walking back towards the building. "Because when you met Garrett, you went through three stages. The shy stage-- when you first met him. The friendly stage-- you didn't really like him at first, but then you got to know him. And then, the stage where you're completely infatuated. That stage lasts the longest." I opened the door and we went inside, going for the elevator again. She pressed the button. "But for you... That stage actually didn't last that long with Garrett... I'd say two weeks, tops."

I rolled my eyes. "That is NOT true."

She laughed a bitter laugh as we stepped into the elevator and she pressed the button for our floor. "The shy stage for Cameron was yesterday, when you first met him. When Zach was calling him out of the van. You saw him. I could see it in your eyes. You panicked and went inside. Then you came back. Your friendly stage with him started different. You liked him from the start... Face it, Lizz, I can read you like a book."

She was right-- about part of it, anyway. She could read me like a book. I really hoped she wasn't right, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lizz | Ryley | Savana

This chapter is for you beautiful people that are reading, subscribed, or commented. I dedicate it to Savana because she can't sleep and has been running on about 3 hours of sleep.... Poor girl.

Comment. Subscribe. <3

XOX
Lizz