My Way Home Is Through You

Five

Cameron met us at the elevator when we came back up. "I have an idea," he said, smirking. Savana and I looked at each other than at him.

"Okay," I said slowly. "Tell us." He looked over his shoulder then back at us before he told us his idea. I looked at Savana and she nodded. "Count us in." Savana turned and went back into the elevator and I followed Cameron to one of their hotel rooms.

"Savana isn't coming with us," Cameron said after he opened the door. He had already told us that Michael and Zach were in on it.

"Oh. Sorry man," Nathan said, looking at Zach. Zach shrugged, frowning. He was damn good at acting. "Are you ready for a day with us?" He looked at me.

My eyes widened. How bad could they be? There was no way they could be any worse than Savana and I running on three hours of sleep, four Red Bulls, two Five Hour Energy's, a bag of Hershey Hugs, a Klondike Bar, a can of Mountain Dew, and a bottle of Mrs. Butterworths syrup... Not to mention, we had both taken a sleeping pill.

I'm not exactly sure what happened that day, but I know it was when we were trying to make it in time for the first show of this tour. But we ended up making a special stop; Klondike, Nick, and James insisted that we needed tinted windows. Boys are weird.

"Yeah," I said, still trying to remember what could've been so bad that we had to get tinted windows. Cameron wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

Michael grinned. "Let's get the show on the road!"

My eyes widened. "WAIT! I wanna go say bye to my family." I left the room and went across the hall. "I'm leaving. See you guys there," I said.

"BEHAVE," Nick said in a warning tone. He was serious. If I didn't, he would probably consult with Savana and they would hide my stage clothes and make me perform dressed like Hannah Montana.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't forget that Heather is going to be showing up sometime tonight," I said, referring to our tour manager that had stayed behind due to family problems. "She's getting a taxi to the place. She said she would be there before we go on." They nodded before I ran out the door, into the wall, and fell onto the floor.

Fuck my life.

"We really need to buy a helmet for you," Nathan laughed as he and Cameron came over. Zach came out.

"You have a thing for the floor, don't you," he laughed.

I groaned. "I hate this hotel!" I stood up. "I'm going to wait in the elevator, which hopefully won't crash and take me down to a horrible death where I get crushed to death." Cameron raised an eyebrow.

"Want company? I mean, if you do have to die, you shouldn't have to die alone." I raised an eyebrow. Could Savana really have been right?

"Sure," I squeaked. I eyed his suitcase and backpack. "I guess a piggyback ride is out of the question." Nathan shot Zach a look and Zach shrugged. "Yeah. I'm gonna go wait in death!" I skipped ahead of them, pressing the button for the elevator once I got there.

"Are you a morning person by any chance?" Zach asked. I leaned my back against the elevator doors.

"What makes you think that?" I asked. I really wasn't a morning person. Or a night person. I just didn't sleep much. At all. Ever. Last night was the most I'd slept in weeks.

He shrugged. "You're really perky. Just saying..." Zach smiled as the little bell dinged. "Aren't you going to move?"

I raised an eyebrow. What was he talking about? The elevator doors started to open and I realized what he meant as I fell backwards. "That's it! I'm going back to bed," I whined as I pushed myself up. I stood and rubbed the back of my head. I groaned as I felt a lump.

They all got into the elevator and Michael pressed the button for the lobby. "I think the first thing we need to do is stop somewhere and buy a helmet for you," Nathan laughed. "Are you okay?"

I frowned. "Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm fine," I said, pouting. I crossed my arms over my chest. "When I don't get up is the time to worry." They all looked at each other.

"We'll keep that in mind, girl," Michael said. I had a feeling this was going to be a long day. When the elevator door opened, Zach went to check out of the hotel and I went outside.

I crossed my arms over my chest as we left the store. "I don't see why this is necessary," I pouted. "Four helmets? You're being a little insane." I looked at Cameron and he smiled innocently.

"We just don't want you to get hurt," Zach shrugged.

I frowned and stopped walking. "What's wrong?" Nathan asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I looked up at him.

"Can I have a piggy back ride?" I asked excitedly.

"From who?" Michael asked. I looked at them all skeptically before I took off running for the van. I ran around and got in.

I quickly slammed the door. "You're on, Vanna." I sat on the middle seat by the window and waited for them to come in.

"Got it!"

The front door opened and Michael got in the driver's seat. "What was that about?" Everybody else quickly piled in the van.

I shrugged. "Nothing." Dillon sat in the passenger's seat and Cameron sat beside me. Zach and Nathan sat in the back. Cameron had the bag full of my helmets. He took one out and handed the bag to Zach and he put it in the back.

"Put it on, Lizz," Cameron said, handing the one he had picked for me. I stuck my tongue out at him before I grabbed it and put it on.

I looked back at Nathan. "I don't wanna wear this one. Can you get the one that Zach picked for me?" I smiled innocently and he smiled.

"Sure." I looked back as he turned and grabbed the white helmet that was being held up by Savana in the back. "Thanks." He handed me the helmet then his eyes widened and he turned, looking over the back of the seat. "HOLY CRAP!" he yelled. He jumped over the seat, almost hitting Cameron and I and almost jumping into Dillon's lap in the front seat.

"I'm not that scary," Savana said, popping up. We were all dying laughing. "Seriously! What's so threatening about a five-two redheaded nineteen year old girl?" She pouted as she jumped over the seat and sat next to Zach.

"Good work," Zach chuckled, giving her a high five.

Nathan climbed to the back. "I wasn't scared," he insisted.

Savana and I were outside, dancing to a Hannah Montana song when Heather came out, followed by Kylie, Ryley, and Allstar Weekend. This couldn't be good. "Hey, Heather," I said, pausing the music. Kylie and Ryley were used to us randomly doing the Hoedown Throwdown.

I looked up at the 5'8" brunette with short, messy hair. She was less pale than Savana, but more pale than me.

"There's a small problem," Heather said. She looked at everyone behind her. Those words were never good. The door they had come out of opened again and five familiar boys walked out.

"We heard you guys were out here," John said. I could hear the smile in his voice. I knew Kylie was getting laid tonight. We all knew.

"Garrett!" I squealed, running and jumping in his arms. I buried my face in the crook of his neck as he spun me around.

"Lizz, focus!" Ryley said. Garrett put me down, but kept his arms around me. John and Kylie were already making out and I just wanted to slap them. "This is serious!"

I sighed. "Okay, I'm listening."

"The first band can't make it," Heather said.

Savana's face lit up. "I have an idea!" she exclaimed. That was never good. Everyone gave her their full attention. "We could do the Hoedown Throwdown!" Everyone exchanged a few looks.

"Who would play the music?" Ryley asked. "I wanna dance with you, Vanna."

"We'll dance, too!" Zach exclaimed. Cameron nodded.

Pat, Garrett, and Kennedy looked at each other. "We can play."

I turned in Garrett's arms. "Do you guys know how to play that song?" I asked quietly. He nodded. "Why?"

"We got bored," he mumbled.

I turned. "Okay. So we can do the Hoedown Throwdown... What else?"

Savana smiled. "Anything Miley Cyrus or Hannah Monatana!"

Heather smiled. "Lizz," I knew that tone of voice. "We need a singer." She smiled innocently.

Fuck my life. This was what I was being reduced to. "Fine," I grumbled. "I'm gonna go get ready. Can we practice in like ten minutes? I really would rather not look more stupid than I have to..." I shook my head as I started to walk towards the door. Garrett followed me.

I went to the dressing room and grabbed my bag. "Garrett, this is insane." I unzipped my bag and was horrified when none of my stage clothes were in there. Where was my skirt with the suspenders? My converse and my white button down shirt? "Garrett. Please tell me that this isn't my bag."

He looked at it. "I can't. That's your bag, baby."

I screamed. "Somebody is trying to kill me on stage! I swear. If I fall, please catch me." I pushed him out of the room before I quickly changed. I sighed, looking in the mirror. There was a reason I didn't wear pants on stage. Something bad always happened. I tried to fix my top and groaned. I was going to kill whoever was responsible for this.

I opened the door and stepped out and Savana was talking to Zach. "Oh my god," he said, eyes wide. She turned.

"Oh my god! It's Hannah Montana!" I glared at her. Something was telling me that she was behind this.

Cameron turned before he walked over. "What happened?"

"Life hates me!" I whined. Garrett was staring with his jaw dropped. He couldn't get me in bed. I don't even think I would let him see me wearing a two piece bathing suit. So to see me wearing something that showed my stomach and I had to PERFORM like that, probably just blew his mind. "How horrible do I look?"

"Like Hannah Montana," Cameron chuckled. His face lit up.

"Her hair is wrong though," Savana said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I have a wig!" Cameron exclaimed before he ran off. I was going to get revenge for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lizz

Are you excited for the next chapter? I know I am!

Comment? Subscribe?

I want to write a one-shot. Who should it be about?

XOX
Lizz