Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

2.

I went inside and opened all the curtains in my house. Light flooded in as if the sun had just risen. I looked around outside. People were walking their dogs, people were roller skating, there was skateboarders and all sorts. I sighed and walked over to my laptop. I clicked onto an online directions giver and retraced the route from my house to New York.
I found a large bag and chucked a load of clothes in there. Too much pink though, I should probably change that actually.
I loaded my bag into the car, checked the engine and tyres before I was ready to drive.
I drove to Jade’s house first. That was the most vital stop on this trip.

“Jade!”
“What? Oh, it’s my biggest fan. What do you want?”
“To follow you until you love me.”
“Haha, very funny. No, really, what do you want?”
“For you to get in my car.”
“Do you always talk in one sentence?”
“Only if you keep asking me these kind of questions.”
“Okay then, where are we going?”
“It’s a surprise. Get in the car, and you’ll find out.”
“Still not very elaborate and still not answering my question.”
“Get in the fucking car Jade.”

After some not so gentle persuasion, he packed some clothes and got in the car. I turned my car towards east and headed for Utah.
Within the first hour, no words had been said. It was heavy silence that just happened to be that irritating awkward silence everyone hates.

“Can I put the radio on Davey?"
“It’s broken, it committed suicide long ago.”
“Right... so we’re going to sit in silence till we get to wherever we’re going?”
“Well it’s not quiet now you’ve opened your mouth.”
“So you want me to shut up again now?”
“No... Keep talking.”
“About what?”
“I don’t fucking know! The weather, where we’re heading towards if you can use your brain.”

He sat and thought about where we were going. He thought for a good twenty minutes before he realised.

“We’re not...”
“New York.”
“Why?! Why do this now?! What are you even aiming to do?! Why are we going to fucking New York?”

His voice got higher and higher with each question. I had to stop myself from laughing; his facial expressions were pretty funny too. Then I realised I had no answer to his questions.
Back to silence then. Nice one Davey, real smooth. How about now, you quickly change the subject and make it more obvious you don’t have an answer.

“You hungry?”
“That’s it change the subject like you always do. Do you even have an answer to my questions? Of course not, because you never thought that far ahead because your big silly fringe got in the way of all that’s in front of you again.”
“What on earth does my fringe have to do with this? Besides, it’s a short fringe that now sits in a quiff...”
“I don’t know, I just felt the need to insult something for once.”
“So you pick something non-existent. My ‘big silly fringe’ was soooooo 2007.”

He laughed for the first time since he got in the car and he looked slightly happy. I bit my lip and looked back on the road.

“Davey, can we be normal on this trip?”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean, like, laugh and smile and talk normally and stuff.”
“Sure, it can’t be that difficult eh?”

Well I shouldn’t have opened my mouth. We went another two hours of silence. I get a feeling I shouldn’t have bothered with this. It seemed pointless and we were nowhere near California or New York. He asked me if we could get something to eat so I pulled over in Barstow.
The meal, if you can call a plate of fries with coffee a meal then so be it, wasn’t as quiet. We talked and ate as if nothing had ever happened between us. I guess this was how it was going to be from now on.
I hope so, because I’m sick of it being so damn quiet in the car.

This was good though, right? It was what I wanted, so why didn’t it feel good?
Maybe it was because I’m still completely in love with him.

“Shall we crack on then?”
“Yeah, I like New York. This sure beats flying.”

I flicked the lock on the car before groaning. A flat tyre. What the fuck?! I double checked the tyres before we left. Is this karma being a bitch? I hope not, otherwise this could be an interesting trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts people? probably 2 or 3 more parts.
770 words.