Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

3.

I stared down at the deflated tyre and groaned. I don’t even know what had happened to it. I did know one thing though. I don’t know how to change a flat tyre.

“Davey, are you sure you checked the tyres before you left?”
“Of course I did! You know how careful I am when it comes to things like this.”
“What the fuck happened to it then?”
“I will happily pay for a logical answer to that question.”

I dialled the number of a garage nearby and sat on the hood of my car to wait.

“Are you sure the radio’s broken?”
“My greatest hits of Madonna is stuck in there. If you put the radio on, you will be subjected to it for a lengthy time. It doesn’t turn off until the CD is finished.”
“How long is the CD?”
“Twenty three tracks long.”
“What number is it on at the minute?”
“Number one.”

He slumped back in the seat, admitting defeat that we had no radio whatsoever.
We waited by the roadside for two and a half hours. When two people aren’t talking to each other a lot, two and a half hours feels like two and a half weeks. Two and a half super long weeks that you’ve wasted doing fuck all.
I turned around on the hood to see Jade asleep in the passenger seat. I guess that’s why he’s so quiet then. Looking at him asleep brought back so many memories. Memories of him asleep on my chest, clutching my hand as I play with his hair, watching his lips form a tiny little smile in his sleep. It’s such a shame these memories haunt my dreams every night.

The breakdown guy did his magic on my car, also fixed my radio. Not that I could turn it on because a now awake Jade is moaning about having a headache now. I can’t win can I? Darkness soon started to fall as we made it to Las Vegas. Vegas looks so much nicer at night time. The darkness hides all the dodgy shit that goes on.

“Davey...?”
“Yeah?”
“Are we in Vegas? Can we get like, a motel or something?”
“I was planning on it.”
“Sorry for falling asleep...I didn’t sleep much last night and I was not expecting you to turn up at 8am saying let’s drive to New York.”
“I... yeah sorry about that. I’m impulsive.”

We checked into a seedy little motel like they do in movies. A single, dimly lit room with a double bed. Perfect opportunity or not? Not for anything wrong! To talk... obviously.
I changed into my night clothes and got into the right hand side of the bed, I looked across at Jade who was smiling at me.

“This is a proper little adventure isn’t it?”
“I guess so. If I’m going to be honest, I wanted to get away from Cali and talk to you. So it’s almost more like kidnap.”
“I agreed to come along though, so possibly not kidnap but definitely a surprise adventure.”
“Okay, that sounds cool. We’ll stick with that.”
“What did you want to talk to me about Davey?”

I turned and gave him a look that pretty much said everything .

“D...? It’s gotta be something...”
“Everything. Everything from that moment.”
“Oh.. well. I’ll explain. Marissa... she... she didn’t believe we were together, simply because we hadn’t come out to the fan base yet. I explained to her we were going to but not till we were having a break before we started the Blaqk Audio cycle. She texted you off my phone saying it was over. She kept me from you, I wanted to see you so much but she assured me you’d moved on. She broke both of our hearts Davey. Not me.”

I looked at him with my mouth slightly open. I’d believed every word that spilled from his mouth. His eyes were glistening and tear stung and his little chubby cheeks were bright red from containing the tears. I wiped under his eyes and stared at him.

“Don’t cry Jadey. I believe you...”
“Good, ‘cause I’m telling the truth, honestly. She made me change my...”

I cut him off with a kiss. He blinked at me a bit before the shock went away and his lips locked with mine.

You know in movies where the main characters that are obviously in love with each other kiss, and they make it look like rainbows and fireworks? Well that’s exactly how this kiss felt. Our first kiss in 5 years and it felt like we’d only just done something about it.

Sheer relief is what it felt like.
♠ ♠ ♠
781 words.

Guess who's back!

I'd been away from it long enough, and I don't have a lot of college work to do these days, so I thought I'd update :) x