Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

5.

I awoke with a sudden feeling of dread pouring over me. That, and rain. We’d left the top down on my car seeing as California and surrounding states are pretty warm and sunny.
I wasn’t so good with the feeling of dread though. I looked across at Jade who was calmly sipping coffee while trundling along the freeway.

We were pretty much at our next destination of Denver after 4 and a half hours of driving from Grand Junction. I could see the dull orange blur from the state capital’s streetlights on the horizon. I could also see some bright white lights heading towards us.
That was pretty odd seeing as we were driving on the correct side of the road.
Ok, it turns out it was a truck who was having steering issues and he was heading right towards us.

“JADE! THERE IS A TRUCK HEADING STRAIGHT FOR US!”
“I KNOW EINSTEIN! I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO TURN!”

I grabbed the steering wheel and made us veer to the right onto the grassy verge next to us. We travelled for about a hundred feet or so before Jade finally managed to press the brakes in his adrenaline filled state.
We sat back and breathed heavy for a few minutes. Both completely speechless.

“Wow... what on Earth happened there?”
“I do not know but be grateful we’re not dead right now Jade.”
“Obviously I am, but uhm, how do we get back on the road?”

I got out of the car and looked around. I glanced at my phone and noticed the time. It was 2am. That would make sense as to why it was so dark.

“Jade. I don’t think we’re going anywhere tonight.”
“Oh how come?”
“It’s 2am and I can’t see a thing. There’s a sleeping bag in the trunk though, so we’ll just have to cuddle up.”

I got the sleeping bag and lay the front seats back as far as they would go. Jade turned the engine off. I sorted the sleeping bag so that it draped over us.

The night was beautiful. We were far enough away from the freeway that it was just a mild noise in the background. The city lights of Denver were close enough to see but still far away enough to be a faint dim on the horizon. The stars were out in force across the dark sky. I could see them reflected in Jade’s eyes as he looked up at them.
I smiled. He looked so beautiful.

He turned to look at me and smiled.

“Mis-adventure or bad attempt at getting us back together?”
“Hmm, now you put it that way.... both.”
“Well it’s working.”

With that, he fell asleep.
Oh thanks Jade. A fucking cliff-hanger to attempt to sleep on. What did he mean though? Was the mis-adventure working to cheer us both up or was my ‘bad’ attempt at getting us back together working? I guess only time would tell huh?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, I'm getting my writing juices flowing again after a long break.

Comments? :)