Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

7.

Is there anything to do in Iowa other than leave quickly?
God, now I know why kids wanna get out of here as soon as they can….
Jade is quiet, more quiet than usual. I can’t stand it, I swear something is always bothering that kid.

“What now…?”
“What do you mean, what now?”
“Jade, you know what I mean”

I shot him a look that basically said ‘you just dumped your bitch ass girlfriend over the phone, in a car, half way across the country, in the company of your ex boyfriend who is still in love with you’ in about 3 different ways.

“I dunno Dave… my head feels fuzzy from drama. Can we just grab some food and leave Iowa quickly, it sucks here. There’s only 16 hours of driving left according to google maps on my phone, so I will drive for the next 8 and you for the last 8. I hope you’ve booked a hotel in New York…”
“Of course I have, I booked one before we left. Not some dive either, I am sick of crime scenes and urine stains.”

We stocked up on vegan snacks and drinks so we didn’t have to stop for anything other than fuel on the way towards Chicago.
Jade was concentrated while he was driving but I knew he was thinking deeply. I could almost hear the cogs whirring in that beautiful mind of his.
Half of me felt like I’d set him free but the other half felt like I’d completely fucked his life up in one swift move in a last resort attempt to fix mine.

I guess there’s an angel and a devil on every shoulder.

“Wanna listen to some Madonna?”
“No Dave, I don’t want to listen to any fucking Madonna. I want to get to New York, have some god damn sleep that isn’t in someone else blood or piss stain, eat some proper food and just question exactly why you brought us across country when we haven’t even looked at each other for five fucking years.”
“Do you want to know why Jade?”

He flashed me a look that had piercing daggers in it. I knew I had to tell him the truth, or slightly fabricate it. I’m not sure yet.
After all that happened in Vegas and the surrounding areas, he has sure gotten irritable. Help.

“Ok Jade, you wanna know the truth? I was sick. Sick of being in a room with you and never saying a word, or looking at you, or acknowledging you or simply just leaving instead. I was sick of the way she dangled you in front of me like some fucking possession that she didn’t give a shit about but had and I didn’t. I was sick of there being an elephant in the room and Hunter and Adam patching together pointless conversation just to try and shoo it away. Sick of being in two different musical acts with you and doing them separately. Sick of denying the fact you are the only person I have ever been in love with and will be in love with for the rest of my diamante encrusted life. I am not saying I want you back after all this, I am just saying that I want us to start afresh. Not like nothing ever happened because five years apart after being so close has really, really hurt me. I just want…. You.”

He looked across at me; he had tears in his eyes. He went quiet again but I knew that the cloud above his head had dispersed.

“It’s taken you a while but thank you…. That’s all I’ve wanted. You.”
“Then why didn’t you just say?”
“Because I was afraid”

His voice broke and he started crying. I ordered him to pull over at the side of the road and I awkwardly opened my arms for him.

Almost there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, two years after last touching this, I have decided to do two last chapters to finish it.
653 words.

almost there.