Status: Inactive :/ Sorry. Serious writer's block on this story

Summer Sweetness

Image

"30... 29...28..."

"She is not seriously counting."

"Yes. Yes she is."

"22... 21... 20..."

"Lei, this is ridiculous!"

"You know how she gets, Rox. No use trying to stop her." I sighed in defeat. Lei was right though, when Hailee set her mind to something, she stuck with it.

"5... 4... 3... 2... SUMMER!!" Hailee shouted as the bell rang, "WOOHOO!" She threw her notebook in the air, causing papers to fly everywhere. Lei and I couldn't help but laugh as we watched our best friend jump and holler in excitement. Lei put on her sunglasses, "Ladies... we are officially done with high school. Let's start this off right."

"ROADTRIP!" we shouted in unison.

"Mom, there is no rule that say you have to go to college right out of high school. Me, Lei and Hails just finished 12 years of schooling. This is a well-deserved vacation." I"m in my room packing for the trip, which I told my mother about weeks ago. Which she clearly forgot about, hence the lecturing.

"Roxanne," she said in her I-mean-business-tone, "I thought we agreed you'd go to school."

"I never said I wasn't, Mom! Just not right now. I want to savor these last bits of freedom. Besides, I'm 18, I can do what I want." My mom tensed up. She glared at me then left my doorway. I sighed heavily and continued throwing clothes into my suitcase.

"I'm legally an adult and you still treat me like I 'm five." I finished packing and checked my phone. One text message from Lei.

i hope ur packd. our flight leaves early 2morrow

I quickly texted back, "Done. I'll be ready." and tossed my phone on my bed. I looked up at my wall clock and sighed. It's going to be a long night. I turned my light off and went down to the kitchen.