Status: Inactive :/ Sorry. Serious writer's block on this story

Summer Sweetness

Rainy Day Adventure

"You know," Jewel sighed, "When you think of Florida... you think sun not rain." She scrunched her nose up in distaste as she looked out the window.
"Jewel," I laughed, "Get away from the window. Come play pool with us."
"You mean attempt to play pool," she chuckled.
"You just hit the balls into the holes with this stick right?" Hailee asked.
"That's what she said!' I laughed. Jewel laughed with me.
"That doesn't even make sense," Lei frowned.
"Who cares," Jewel laughed, "It sounds dirty."
"You guys are retarded."
"Come on, let's play," I said.
"Mind if we join?" We all looked towards the door. Disco Curtis was standing there smiling at us. They walked in and stood around the pool table.
"Nice weather we're having," AJ joked.
"Oh yeah," Jewel scoffed, "If you call rain nice."
"It can be nice," Tanner said, nudging me with his elbow. I felt myself blush slightly.
"Let's go do something," Brendan said.
"Here? Or... out there?" Lei frowned.
"Out there of course," he said, slinging his arm over Hailee.
"But... it's wet," I said, clearly stating the obvious. Garrett did a bad job of holding his laughter.Jerk.
"That's the fun of it," Tanner smiled, "Let's go have a rainy day adventure." Me and the girls exchanged a look. I looked back up at Tanner, a smile slowly growing on my face. I linked arms with him.
"Fine. Let's go my ginger friend." His smile grew and he pulled me out of the room.

"AH! IT'S COLD!" Lei and Jewel screamed.
"Damn... it started pouring as soon as we walked out," Garrett noted. I shrugged, "What's a little rain amongst friends?"
"A little?!" Lei shrieked.
"It'll let up," Tanner said, "Where to?"
"Let's just walk and see where our feet lead us," Brendan smiled. He grabbed Hailee's arm and they fled down the sidewalk. In less than five seconds, we were all paired offand drenched. Umbrellas would've been a good idea. and following after them. We walked for about half and hour when we came to a Starbucks. There is a God!
"Starbucks!" Lei exclaimed, "Outta my way!" She ran up to the doors and pressed her face against the glass. Garrett chuckled and went up behind her. He put his arm around her waist then opened the door.
"Someone's getting along well," Jewel chuckled.
"That's Lei for ya," Hailee giggled as she dragged Brendan inside. Jewel followed behind with AJ and I with Tanner.
"Your friends are very animated," he said quietly to me.
"Yea," I said, shaking out my long black hair," But you gotta love them." I looked up at him and smiled. His hair had gone curly in the rainhe looked so adorable.
Starbucks plus a rain day equal heaven. If you had been looking at the eight of us from the outside, you would've thought we'd been friends forever. I was slowly beginning to feel more comfortable around them once I reminded myself they were normal guys. It was nice. Eventually, they kicked us out Starbucks and back into the rain. Something about us dripping on the floor or whatever. It's not our fault it's wet outside! I was about to protest, but Lei and Hailee dragged me out. They know me too well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please? :)