Status: done.

Strange Meetings.

thirteen

I woke up right where i fell asleep, on the couch. I sighed and headed up to my room, still in my bathing suit and shorts. I grabbed my towel, walked to my bathroom and dropped it into the hamper. I quickly undressed and took a nice hot bath.

I got out and wrapped myself in a blue plush towel. I walked to my room and got dressed in blue denim shorts, a black tube top and my black suede boots. I wasn't exactly sure where i was going with this outfit, but it showed off my chest piece wonderfully. I walked down to the living room and grabbed my bag from the couch and looked for my phone to see a bunch of missed calls and texts from Ronnie telling me to call him. I shrugged and did just that.

The phone rang twice before I heard the groans from coming from my boyfriend.
"Good morning!" I yelled happily.
"mngh." which I'm pretty sure meant morning.
"You told me to call, so yeah, here i am," I laughed, walking into the kitchen and fixing myself a bowl of cereal. "It's Monday, aren't you suppose to be at work?"
"yeah, i kind of fell asleep at my desk. You just happen to be my wake up call." He laughed, "Are you going to be at the shop today?"
I nodded, mentally face palming when i realized he couldn't see me. "Yeah, It's all i really do."
"I'll come see you after I'm done with work. Lets do something tonight."
"alright, like what?"
"I don't know, Wanna go ice skating?"
"Okay."
"alright, i have to head back to work. I love you."
"love you too." I grabbed the phone and placed it on the counter and continued tending to my delicious cocoa pebbles.

Just like every other day of my life, i walked into the shop, the little bell on the top of the door ringing, signaling someone had walked in. Ian was working and i immediately went to hug him, along with Michael and Nikki.
I ran up to Ian and embraced him in a hug.
"Hey Dallas."
"Hi Ian! I haven't seen you in days!" I said sadly, wiping away an imaginary tear.
"I know. I've missed you too." he laughed, while making a customers order. I turned around and headed for my mom's office, but not forgetting to say hi to Michael and Nikki.
"Hey mom." I smiled knocking on the door frame.
"Hey baby. Are you helping out again?" she asked.
"Yeah, i seriously have nothing better to do til school starts again." I laughed.

I walked back out and took a spot behind the counter. Ian and I mostly cracked jokes and Michael and Nikki sometimes chimed in, but no one really got Ian and my humor. It was sickening, yet entertaining. The little bell over the door chimed and i looked over. Who i saw walking in, made my mouth drop literally. Walking in, was none other than Tyler.

To be honest, i haven't really thought about him, talked to him or seen him since i left him at the bonfire. I had good intentions for doing what i did, and i don't regret it. I knew I used him as a distraction, well look how great that turned out. He walked in and walked right up to the counter, I avoid all contact and quickly turned around to face the counter with the coffee. For some reason, i felt nervous, I felt bad for doing what i did, he probably hates me, i guess I'm gonna have to find out how he feel, because two seconds later, he called my name.

I slowly turned around and i could see the smirk planted on his face. He has not changed a bit, but i guess that's expected, it hasn't been that long. He wore black jeans and a stripe long sleeve, that, I'm not going to lie, he looked damn good in. White teeth and guys in long sleeve, huge turn on. I quickly shook that thought out of my mind.

"Hey Dallas," I was speechless, I didn't know what to say or trusted my voice around him, which never happens. The guilt of what I did was eating me up more. I just waved and made myself a drink. "Can we talk?" I looked up at him and nodded. "I'll wait for you outside." Again, i nodded. He walked outside and sat at one of the open tables available and starting fidgeting with his phone. After I was done making my drink, i told Ian I'd be right back and took deep breaths. I walked out of the shop and sat at the vacant chair across from him.

It was awkward, and it was silent. I didn't know what to say to him. It was so easy for me to just ignore him because he hasn't been to the shop in a while, but now that he's sitting right in front of me, I know I owe him an explanation. A huge one.
"So, how are you?" He asked. If he was nervous, you couldn't tell. That's one of the things he's good at. Sometimes, you never know how he feels. He's a closed book.
"Good, i suppose. You?"
"Same." I nodded, my mind still completely blank. I took a sip of my coffee just the mere fact of doing someone.
"I'm moving again." I looked up at him and tilted my head in confusion.
"So fast? You just moved here not to long ago." I told him almost disappointed that he was leaving. Almost.
"um, yeah. Apparently things aren't working out so well with my step dad, so, mom and i are moving to Texas." He explained.
"I see. Are you excited?"
"I suppose. I never liked Hawaii. Nothings really gave me a firm reason to stay." I instantly felt guilty.
"I'm sorry." I whispered at the ground. It looked way more interesting right now.
"No worries about it. If it helped any, it wasn't so bad when we were hanging out." I felt that pang of guiltiness again. He has no idea how much this hurt. I knew I had to come out and apologize. To tell him what was going through my head, why I had turned him down. I just hope he doesn't chew my head off.
"I'm sorry," I started off looking him right in the eyes, "For the night at the bonfire." I added.
"It's okay, Dallas." He tried interjecting.
I shook my head, "No it's not. I just up and left you sitting there. You deserve an explanation and I just- I guess, I should start from the beginning."
His eyes squinted, and he tilt his head, "Okay...?"
I took a deep breath, "Before I met you, I was involved in a, i guess, Friends with benefits relationship. It was suppose to be completely platonic, but after a month of talking to him and i guess, being with him just once, I fell for him. I fell hard. After our first night together, He didn't talk to me. He just completely ignored me when i tried talking to him, and I grew frustrated. It only resulted in me lashing out on him the only way I knew how; Online. I sent him a message telling him how much I hated him and how i don't want him speaking me at all. To say i was pissed was an understatement." I paused. I knew this is where it'll hurt.

"When i met you, at first it was just a friendly attraction. You and I got along pretty well for two people who weren't into the same things, and I guess that's what i found attractive, because it was the complete opposite of who he was. And at the time, i thought it was what i needed to get over him." My head fell, I could almost feel how this hurt him. "I thought that maybe getting with you was gonna make me forget him, but all it really did was make me feel guilty, because in a way i was using you. Using you to move on from the hurt he had made me go through. But when you asked me to be your girlfriend, so much things were going through my head. I wanted to, but I knew it was wrong to say yes, because you didn't deserve to be a rebound. You deserved to be treated so much better, and I didn't want to put you through all that shit. Which was the only reason why I declined and left. If i could turn back time, I'd do a lot different, and the first one being, not leading you on. I'm so sorry, Tyler. I didn't mean to hurt you." I ended, tears not streaming down my face.

"Wow, I don't know what to say." He breathed. "I mean, i had a lot of questioned, but you just answered them. Listen, I'm not mad at you." I looked up at him and stared into his eyes to see any lie behind that statement, I saw none. "Thank you for looking out for me. Sure it was a bitch move what you did, but you ended it before it even started, and I give you kudos for that."
"Really?" I asked, happy he forgave me.
He shrugged, "Yeah. I'm okay. I didn't think we'd be perfect for each other, considering we didn't agree on a lot of things, and with me moving anyway, It'll be pointless." He explained.
I just nodded my head. I sighed in relief. It was like a complete weight has been lifted off my shoulder.
"So, are you and that guy still not talking?"
I shook my head, "Coincidentally, when i got home from the bonfire, he was waiting on my front porch."
Tyler raised his left eyebrow, "Oh? And what was his reasoning?"
"Basically he told me he was scared because the relationship was turning serious. He had fallen for me just as much as i did for him."
Tyler smiled, "So you two are together now?" I nodded, reflecting his smile.
"Yeah," At that moment, i heard someone call my name, i turned around to see Ronnie walking up to me. He wore his signature rim glasses, jean cut offs and a white v neck t-shirt. "That's him. "
He smiled and nodded. Ronnie reached the table and i stood up to kiss him lightly on the lips. I thought that if i had these two together, I'd have a hard time breathing. but really, it was pretty easy.
"Babe, this is Tyler. Tyler this is Ronnie, my boyfriend."
the boys shook hands and nodded their heads.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked, i nodded.
"Let me go tell mom I'm leaving."
"I should be going. It was nice catching up Dallas. Don't be a stranger okay?" Tyler said standing up and giving me a hug. "Nice meeting you Ronnie."
"Likewise."
He walked off to the parking lot, while Ronnie and I walked into the coffee shop.
Ian smirked, "I guess your shift just ended?"
I laughed "Not like i had set shift anyway."
He agreed. I headed to the back and told my mom i was leaving. Next thing i knew, Ronnie and I were in the car heading to the ice rink.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a pretty short chapter, but I just wanted to get one out as fast as I could.
Thank you new subbers! and hello readers. :3

let me know what you think!

Thank you nutter butter and Desty for being the first two to comment on this story. You have no idea how much your feedback means to me. <3